Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We got a new punter!

Quote:Yeah, I'm not sure this is much of an upgrade.
Its not just probably cheaper, and i guess the thinking is we have this high powered offence we wont be punting as much :teehee:

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is a bit of a surprise honestly. Sure we save money, but it's not like Anger is a bad Punter, in fact he's pretty good. And we don't exactly need the cap space atm so I don't see much point in replacing Anger this year.

.....this free agency is full of surprises.  :teehee:

Was this something we really needed to do?

or to just finally close the door on the gene smiff era?

Anyway.....later's anger, good luck where ever you go.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Hey man, you shouldn't take personally what people say about something you don't control. Gene Smith is the idiot that went and drafted him.

Well, I wasn't trying to make it seem like I was taking it personal. It's just so odd why we as a collective still complain about who we drafted or didn't draft

And speaking of things we can't control, that's my point. We didn't control that situation 4 years ago? We certainly can't now. It's over is all I'm saying

I know SOMEONE understands what I'm saying. I just have to believe that

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 04:46 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Wonder what that dude sitting in section 242 is going to do now. Every time Anger punted, he yelled "Nice Punt, Russell Wilson"

The drunk guy will still yell Nice Punt Russell Wilson
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:The drunk guy will still yell Nice Punt Russell Wilson

I don't want to see fan traditions end just because players leave.

Man, now what am I gonna do with my Anger jersey I bought after he was drafted!?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Is there any reason to think this guy is an upgrade over Anger?

'02

Quote:Hey man, you shouldn't take personally what people say about something you don't control. Gene Smith is the idiot that went and drafted him.

But even bigger idiots defended the pick saying Anger was gonna be the GOAT and stupid stuff like that.

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Quote:Man, now what am I gonna do with my Anger jersey I bought after he was drafted!?

Just put a "D" in front of his name and you will be known as "Danger".

Or maybe an "R" and you could be "Ranger".

Just don't put a "W" in front.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Is there any reason to think this guy is an upgrade over Anger?

Nortman 17th net punting avg.

Anger 22nd.

<ThatWasEasy>

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

He's more of a directional punter and doesn't constantly outkick his coverage like Anger does.

According to Panthers fans his game is the coffin corner.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Small rant, not really directed at you. Just in general.

I keep hearing "we drafted a punter over Russell Wilson"

Gene Smith is gone. 74 times Russell Wilson was passed up in the 2012 Draft. We drafted a QB 10th overall the year before. We have Bortles now. And now Anger is gone. It was a wasted draft, but it's over now. We all know the facts. No one involved is a Jaguar now. Now we have one of the best offenses in the league, 70 mill to spend (if we can) in FA, Fowler Jr. and top 5 pick coming in.

It's over. And I'm happier about the place we are in now
Well Said and I Concur...

NH3...

"AZANE"

He was drafted after Russell Wilson, so that's a start.

Quote:I don't want to see fan traditions end just because players leave.

Need something to laugh at right? I heard one drunk guy yell Brunell needs to retire. When bortles had a bunch of incomplete passes.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Nortman 17th net punting avg.

Anger 22nd.

<ThatWasEasy>

You realize how many things factor into that beyond how good the punter is?

Looks like Nortman was golden in 2013, but hasn't matched match those hang times or punt distance in air since. Last year he was also not statistically different from Anger.  So basically, we get another version of Anger who could return to form of near best in the league. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...d-punters/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...d-punting/

http://insidethepylon.com/film-study/fil...s-of-2015/

Actually a big upgrade. better net put directional punter doesn't out kick coverage and has awesome hang time on punt to give cover guys more time. Lets just draft the Utah punter in round 2 Now! dual weapon punters 

Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

I'm not sure if this posted elsewhere but the following article has the contract information for Brad Nortman:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...yan-anger/

Still hope the Jags draft a punter late