Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ryan O is out of his mind

Quote:Mackensie Alexander has tremendous talent and wouldn't cost us nearly as much

Same as vh3 honestly.

Very true if work out. Rookies hardly ever make an immediate impact and that is if they work out.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Hmmm, Kahn has allowed Dave and Gus to build and develop this team, it's taken time but we're starting to see light at the end of the tunnel, this ridiculous deal would seemingly go against the entire ethos under which this franchise has started to progress. The very fact that with our 1st pick we are almost guaranteed a defensive stud and playmaker makes this Norman idea a nonsense, keep building the way we are because it is working.

Exactly, and what happens if Norman misses significant time during a season? That deal would have extreme bust potential. This is why O'Halloran should be excluded from writing about the NFL. His editor should re-assign him to women's volleyball. 

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Offseason clickbait.

That's not bold. It's stupid.

idiot

Quote:Offseason clickbait.

That's not bold. It's stupid.
He even told Prisco it was click bait.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/carolina-panthers-josh-norman-julio-jones-deandre-hopkins-121615'>http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/carolina-panthers-josh-norman-julio-jones-deandre-hopkins-121615</a>

Is that still absurd? Holding Elite Receivers to combined 89 yards.

2 number 1s for 7-10 years of solid production is a bargain. Even with a high priced contract.

7-10 years?

Won't he be 29 during the season?

Quote:Ryan is terrible.

I think he's underrated.   

Quote:http://m.jacksonville.com/sports/footbal...C04880D573

"RO: Time for a bold take. I’d give up two first-round picks for Carolina cornerback Josh Norman. He has been slapped with the franchise tag, but can sign offer sheets. The Jaguars should secure him with a six-year, $120 million contract ($70 million guaranteed and $30 million first-year cap number). It would cost the Jaguars’ this year’s fifth overall pick (but Norman is a more immediate upgrade than any drafted player) and next year’s first-rounder (if the deal works out, it will be in the late 20s; if it doesn’t, it will be the new regime’s problem)."

Really? Norman is good, but not that good. Not at all.

[Image: idjut.gif]

Bold and everything but just not smart. I would not do it, honestly I wouldnt even do it for Miller.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug........

GO JAGS!!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

To be honest, I'm scared that norman is a one shot wonder. I am passionate about football and have a pretty good knowledge of every team. Never heard of norman until this season, now he'll get paid.

Quote:That's not even bold, that's just plain crazy. Giving up 2 first rounders for a guy who has played at an elite level for 1 year (a contract year). He'll be 29 during next season too. Madness.

Good point about the age factor.  I didn't realize that Josh Norman is already 28.   Even if he was two years younger,  I wouldn't want to give up pick # 5 this year and a 1st Round pick in 2017 if in the Jaguars position.   The age factor would totally rule this out if in Dave Caldwell's position.    The Jaguars need to develop players that will be cornerstones for at least two long contracts..  Norman isn't going to be that type of player.

"RO: Time for a bold take. I’d give up two first-round picks for Carolina cornerback Josh Norman. He has been slapped with the franchise tag, but can sign offer sheets. The Jaguars should secure him with a six-year, $120 million contract ($70 million guaranteed and $30 million first-year cap number). It would cost the Jaguars’ this year’s fifth overall pick (but Norman is a more immediate upgrade than any drafted player) and next year’s first-rounder (if the deal works out, it will be in the late 20s; if it doesn’t, it will be the new regime’s problem)."

The team is not going to keep both McCray & Gratz (most likely McCray will be cut before the season starts).  That being said I expect a CB will be drafted in one of the first 3 rounds of this draft by the Jaguars if they don't sign a big name CB in FA.

Is Norman a great Corner sure but you dont want to throw away that kind of money...  maybe 10 mill a year to even 13 but not more than 15... that's crazy..

To put it in perspective House got crazy money at 6 mil a year... you are saying to pay Norman more than 3 times what House gets...

It's definitely a bold thought but Caldwell won't do it. Caldwell can survive a Bradley firing. So he has no reason to take that much risk.

It's definitely a bold thought but Caldwell won't do it. Caldwell can survive a Bradley firing. So he has no reason to take that much risk.

Quote:It's definitely a bold thought but Caldwell won't do it. Caldwell can survive a Bradley firing. So he has no reason to take that much risk.

There's a difference between "bold" and "stupid"
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Lol, that's a QB money.

I don't think it's stupid to bring in the NFLs best corner that's 28 years old. Draft picks don't always pan out.

Quote:I don't think it's stupid to bring in the NFLs best corner that's 28 years old. Draft picks don't always pan out.

2 1sts and 20 million a year for a corner who's had one great year... Pass. I'm all for signing him, but that price tag is absurd. For pretty much anyone.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

But ya rather have a guy almost pay him as much that only has five sacks.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags