Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mitt Romney

Quote:Mitt Romney ran for President at least twice that I remember he only won the Republican Primary once which was last time and failed against one of the worst President's in U.S. History.

He was too soft, and didn't have the wit nor intelligence to challenge Obama & he picked probably the worst VP possible to go against Biden.

Donald Trump was right in that Mitt Romney is a loser and should have won in 2012 to which Marco Rubio agreed.

Here's my question.   Why did Donald Trump endorse and support Mitt Romney during the 2012 Republican Primary process when it was apparent to me and many others that Romney would run a weak general election campaign against Obama?     This speaks volumes about Trump's judgment or motives. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Did he ever come out this strong against obama?

Absolutely not.

How did this stiff even get a press conference? He is just a regular citizen and voter now.

I heard part of the speech while eating my lunch.  I can't say that I disagree with anything that he had to say.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I heard part of the speech while eating my lunch.  I can't say that I disagree with anything that he had to say.

I agree with you.  Yet,  I'm concerned that Mitt Romney's comments will backfire in the attempt to defeat Donald Trump in the Republican Primary process.   The people that were comfortable in supporting Romney would likely not support Trump in the Republican Primaries.   At the same time,  those that support Donald Trump that don't respect Romney will likely become more determined to help get Trump elected. 

Quote:  I agree with you.  Yet,  I'm concerned that Mitt Romney's comments will backfire in the attempt to defeat Donald Trump in the Republican Primary process.   The people that were comfortable in supporting Romney would likely not support Trump in the Republican Primaries.   At the same time,  those that support Donald Trump that don't respect Romney will likely become more determined to help get Trump elected. 

I think what's at stake is the identity of the Republican party.  The smartest thing that Mitt Romney did in his speech was not endorse any candidate, but did say that the nominee should be one of the other three.

On the other hand, I think that the speech is going to hurt Rubio (the establishment choice) more than help him.  Mitt Romney is seen as part of the establishment, and that only adds "fuel to the fire" of the Trump and Cruz supporters.

I do support Ted Cruz, and my guess is that most of any backers that Ben Carson might have had will probably go to Cruz.  If Rubio fails in Florida I think that he should back out of the race (as well as Kasich) to get the support behind Cruz.  That would force the establishment to Cruz and move the Republican party more to the right (which is not necessarily a bad thing).

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2016, 04:20 PM by TJBender.)

Quote:My guess is he is going to make an endorsement.
This makes the most sense of anything, but my hunch is that he's going to reveal his "bombshell" about Trump's tax returns to the world.

The sad thing is that even if Romney can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Trump has been lying and cheating on his tax returns, it wouldn't hurt his support. His voters would consider it a badge of honor. Rob from everyone, give to the rich! Screw the establishment! Something like that, followed by a 5% increase in his polling results.

*Edit: or maybe it's already happened. I still care about this election. I promise.

Quote:This makes the most sense of anything, but my hunch is that he's going to reveal his "bombshell" about Trump's tax returns to the world.

The sad thing is that even if Romney can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Trump has been lying and cheating on his tax returns, it wouldn't hurt his support. His voters would consider it a badge of honor. Rob from everyone, give to the rich! Screw the establishment! Something like that, followed by a 5% increase in his polling results.

*Edit: or maybe it's already happened. I still care about this election. I promise.

The speech happened and it was really stupid. Nothing we haven't already heard 24/7 from MSM.

Quote:The speech happened and it was really stupid. Nothing we haven't already heard 24/7 from MSM.
I don't understand this fascination with Romney in the first place. He got his butt handed to him by Obama within a couple hours of the polls closing. Not sure why the GOP thinks he'd fare much better this time.

Quote:I don't understand this fascination with Romney in the first place. He got his butt handed to him by Obama within a couple hours of the polls closing. Not sure why the GOP thinks he'd fare much better this time.

GOP is desperate and it shows.  They are making fools of themselves.

My favourite Mitt moment was when he told London they were doing a poor job hosting the Olympics while visiting, based on his so called expertise with Salt Lake City winter Olympics, a completely different prospect. Guy is somewhat self absorbed...

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2016, 09:46 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/DanScavino/status/705502623215054850?s=09'>https://twitter.com/DanScavino/status/705502623215054850?s=09</a>

This guy is an unbelievable slab of crap.

Romney "consulting" on how to win a presidential election is like Wyle E. Coyote consulting on how to catch the Road Runner.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:My favourite Mitt moment was when he told London they were doing a poor job hosting the Olympics while visiting, based on his so called expertise with Salt Lake City winter Olympics, a completely different prospect. Guy is somewhat self absorbed...
It's not that Salt Lake's job was any better. It's just that all the palms involved were greasier.

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2016, 03:10 PM by KlrJgFn.)

I caught this on my morning stroll between CNBC, Bloomberg and Fox Business:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/478650303...show-clips

Though there's no smoking gun, the GOP powers that be sent this [BAD WORD REMOVED] hat out to take the public's temp about a potential brokered convention.  The election process is a sham, but the entertainment value almost makes it all worthwhile. Regardless of who the nominees for either party, our "choice" this November will still be between a giant [BAD WORD REMOVED](###edit- liquid feminine hygiene product) and a steamy [BAD WORD REMOVED] sandwich.  Might as well enjoy the show!

Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.

Quote:I caught this on my morning stroll between CNBC, Bloomberg and Fox Business:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/478650303...show-clips

Though there's no smoking gun, the GOP powers that be sent this [BAD WORD REMOVED] hat out to take the public's temp about a potential brokered convention.  The election process is a sham, but the entertainment value almost makes it all worthwhile. Regardless of who the nominees for either party, our "choice" this November will still be between a giant [BAD WORD REMOVED](###edit- liquid feminine hygiene product) and a steamy [BAD WORD REMOVED] sandwich.  Might as well enjoy the show!

Finally, someone joining me for entertainment.

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]