Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump crushes South Carolina Primary

Quote:Trump or Clinton............................dear lord have mercy on this nation..................

Clearly it doesn't deserve it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:   Trying to look at the situation with a glass half full approach,  Ted Cruz did better in South Carolina than was projected by the consensus polls.  Because Cruz has a strong organization in the South,  there's still hope that he can get momentum back on Super Tuesday.   One thing that must happen though is he must get a noticeably higher % of Evangelical voters,  especially in the SEC states.   Ted Cruz is going to have to spend practically all of his time in these states leading up to Super Tuesday and spend a large % of his campaign funds.  In essence,  March 2 is relatively meaningless in his campaign if March 1 doesn't go at least decently.   
I really hope he hangs in there, but to play devil's advocate a bit, his hasty departure from the race would be the nail in Rubio's coffin. I'd sooner vote for Trump than Rubio. I'd sooner vote for Adolf Hitler than Marco Rubio. At least Hitler wasn't lying about his agenda.

I love people pretending it could be any worse than it is now.

I love people pretending it can't be worse than it is now.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I love people pretending it could be any worse than it is now.
It can always be worse. 

Quote:I really hope he hangs in there, but to play devil's advocate a bit, his hasty departure from the race would be the nail in Rubio's coffin. I'd sooner vote for Trump than Rubio. I'd sooner vote for Adolf Hitler than Marco Rubio. At least Hitler wasn't lying about his agenda.

I'd rather have Trump than Rubio as well but at that point I'm just playing the lesser of two evils game again.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I'd rather have Trump than Rubio as well but at that point I'm just playing the lesser of two evils game again.

I can't play the lesser-of-two-evils game anymore, not since Romney. I want Trump. I don't want Rubio, Cruz, or Hillary. I personally feel this nation is self-destructing and that electing another bought-and-paid-for lawyer is perpetuating the broken system. Honestly I would rather see Bernie Sanders in office rather than the other lawyers. So if Trump somehow doesn't get the nomination, or is worse cheated out of the nomination by the establishment, I just wont vote. At that point, I will just be biding my time waiting until the AI revolution or the nation fragments.

Quote:I can't play the lesser-of-two-evils game anymore, not since Romney. I want Trump. I don't want Rubio, Cruz, or Hillary. I personally feel this nation is self-destructing and that electing another bought-and-paid-for lawyer is perpetuating the broken system. Honestly I would rather see Bernie Sanders in office rather than the other lawyers. So if Trump somehow doesn't get the nomination, or is worse cheated out of the nomination by the establishment, I just wont vote. At that point, I will just be biding my time waiting until the AI revolution or the nation fragments.

Me and you feel the same way about nearly everything else we just think the opposite guy is the fake candidate. For everyone's sake I'm hoping you're right and I'm wrong that Trump is the man to right this ship cause it looks like it's his nomination to lose at this point.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I figured he would win, he might struggle in states with a caucus (which I feel is too easily corrupted), like he did in Iowa (maybe in Nevada) but overall he is going to be the Republican candidate IMO.

It would seem that Hilary Clinton will be the Democrat candidate, and maybe no real strong Independent running for President in 2016. 

Thus IMO Donald Trump is the next President for (possibly) 8 years until 2025 which is close to the end of the world (I think many predicted 2026)?

J/k

I hope Donald does the right thing going forward while making our country strong again.

Quote:I really hope he hangs in there, but to play devil's advocate a bit, his hasty departure from the race would be the nail in Rubio's coffin. I'd sooner vote for Trump than Rubio. I'd sooner vote for Adolf Hitler than Marco Rubio. At least Hitler wasn't lying about his agenda.

[BLEEP]. Rubio is not a genocidal maniac, your rhetoric is out of control.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

You lost me at Hitler.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Then I take it you'd rather vote anyone with a D beside their name and no one else, since they're advocating the same things Hitler did and not hiding it.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Ok, yeah, I Godwin'd that one up. My bad.

Question for Trump supporters:   Do you agree with Trump that we should not make any changes to Medicare and Social Security?  

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2016, 08:41 AM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:Question for Trump supporters:   Do you agree with Trump that we should not make any changes to Medicare and Social Security?  

I am not sure what non-major changes can be made to Medicare other than cutting fraud, waste, and abuse and slimming down its bureaucracy. Social security I would prefer the retirement age was raised, but he said he wouldn't do it. The reason he says this too is because he knows making declarations that he will change them will cost him the election.

[At CPAC, Trump said}: "As Republicans, if you think you are going to change very substantially for the worse Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security in any substantial way, and at the same time you think you are going to win elections, it just really is not going to happen," Mr. Trump said, adding that polls show that tea partyers are among those who don't want their entitlements changed. "What we have to do and the way we solve our problems it to build a great economy."

I am not a single-issue voter, and those two aren't very high on my list.

Quote:I am not sure what non-major changes can be made to Medicare other than cutting fraud, waste, and abuse and slimming down its bureaucracy. Social security I would prefer the retirement age was raised, but he said he wouldn't do it. The reason he says this too is because he knows making declarations that he will change them will cost him the election.

[At CPAC, Trump said}: "As Republicans, if you think you are going to change very substantially for the worse Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security in any substantial way, and at the same time you think you are going to win elections, it just really is not going to happen," Mr. Trump said, adding that polls show that tea partyers are among those who don't want their entitlements changed. "What we have to do and the way we solve our problems it to build a great economy."

I am not a single-issue voter, and those two aren't very high on my list.

My position is, there are two things that are going to bankrupt this country: Medicare and foreign wars.  

Trump is correct that our intervention in Iraq was one of the worst mistakes this country has ever made.   Two trillion dollars and thousands of lives lost, and all we managed to do was destabilize the Middle East.    

But when he says he will not touch Medicare, I cannot agree with that position.   If we want to save the federal government from bankruptcy, we absolutely must control the growth of Medicare.  

If you say you want to reform then u want grandma to die if you say youll protect it thwn ur ignoring the problem. Entitlement reform is the third rail, thats a second term item in our political system.

And a third thing would be social security.

Quote:If you say you want to reform then u want grandma to die if you say youll protect it thwn ur ignoring the problem. Entitlement reform is the third rail, thats a second term item in our political system.

And a third thing would be social security.

This very much. You cannot run a platform on entitlement reform when running for your first term.

Quote:This very much. You cannot run a platform on entitlement reform when running for your first term.

So I guess Trump is just another politician who's afraid to stick his neck out and lead on anything because he wants to win an election. 

What's so great about that?