Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Henne Agrees to Deal

Chad Henne is a good signing compared to what's out there in FA.  They are going to have to draft a backup at some point, but I doubt they are willing to go 3 QB right now.  The last (only?) time they did that was David Garrard.  That was 14 years ago.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Henne sucks.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I love this thread.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Chad Henne is a good signing compared to what's out there in FA.  They are going to have to draft a backup at some point, but I doubt they are willing to go 3 QB right now.  The last (only?) time they did that was David Garrard.  That was 14 years ago.
Coughlin kept 3 QB's throughout his tenure. Four when he wanted to pump Jim Miller for information and get Keenan killed. Even JDR usually kept three. I'm pretty sure it wasn't until Gene took over that two QBs became a regular thing. Didn't the Jags keep Ricky Stanzi around as a third QB for most of 2013?

Quote:I love this thread.

This is just the backup thread.

We could sign ISIS members and FBT and his cronies would think it's a great value signing.

Quote:Coughlin kept 3 QB's throughout his tenure. Four when he wanted to pump Jim Miller for information and get Keenan killed. Even JDR usually kept three. I'm pretty sure it wasn't until Gene took over that two QBs became a regular thing. Didn't the Jags keep Ricky Stanzi around as a third QB for most of 2013?

Yea, I remember that.  That was the Gabbert/Henne/Stanzi crew.  Good times.  Little did we know it was practically illegal for Stanzi to play in a regular season game.  He's been in the league 5 years and not a single snap on record.  

To be honest its really sad most our fan base thinks this is a good move...

Quote:To be honest its really sad most our fan base thinks this is a good move...

Every move is a good move and Gus is a top tier coach. You can tell because of all the wins we have over the years.

Quote:We could sign ISIS members and FBT and his cronies would think it's a great value signing.
Can he get after the QB?

If so, I don't care if he screams allahu akbar every down, sign him up Smile

I just hope Lewis gets re-signed so I can see more whining.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I just hope Lewis gets re-signed so I can see more whining.

Wouldn't you rather the team sign good players and win games?

I'm fine with it.  It's not very much money and it's not like there are tons of better QBs sitting on waivers right now.

It's a good move for the next few years of the build, solid backup that knows the system. Jag's should certainly look to draft either this year or next year their next backup to bortles who maybe moves on one day himself. for now henne all the way...

Also, in drafting and keeping 3rd string Qb's... if you have a excellent QB coach and development team (which im not saying we definitely have) that 3rd string often catches good trade value in their 3 year. This is how good gm's should be thinking, you can run this is other positions also but non are as demanding as a capable Qb

its how you keep a dynasty, a super oiled QB development team.

Quote:We could sign ISIS members and FBT and his cronies would think it's a great value signing.

They could sign Von Miller and you'd make a :::hilarious::: ice cream joke.

Quote:To be honest its really sad most our fan base thinks this is a good move...

I'm curious who you would rather sign.

Ponder?

Mallet?

Freeman?

....Tebow?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We've come so far since having Gabbert and Henne as the only options at QB. Here's to hoping that Bortles never has to miss a game.

No problem with Henne resigning but I see some people claiming hes an above average backup or one of the best back ups in the league.

Its Henne,he isn't going to win us games coming off the bench,hes a very professional backup no doubt but let's not continue calling him on of the best backups in the league.