Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2016 Free Agency Wishlist

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2016, 12:19 AM by wg171.)

Quote:Assuming Vernon makes it and trying to be realistic:

-Olivier Vernon

-Trumaine Johnson

-Depth

Draft Ramsey and Kentrell Brothers.
Can't guarantee Ramsey will be available so imo a FS in FA is necessary

Also, two FA starters given the $$$ the Jags have could be viewed as very disappointing.

Use the $$$ or lose it

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This might be a stupid question, but is it possible to heavily front load this years FA signings contracts?

Given our current cap situation, and our upcoming big contracts we need to renew (Bortles et al) could we not constantly be in a good cap situation going forward if we keep doing that?

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2016, 03:53 AM by JackCity.)

Quote:This might be a stupid question, but is it possible to heavily front load this years FA signings contracts?

Given our current cap situation, and our upcoming big contracts we need to renew (Bortles et al) could we not constantly be in a good cap situation going forward if we keep doing that?
I know sweet [BLEEP] all when it comes to cap matters but I don't why they wouldn't?

The only potential problem would be if the player wanted to tear up the contract as soon as he starts entering the low earning years in the contract. Could claim he's worth more if he plays well.

Quote:This might be a stupid question, but is it possible to heavily front load this years FA signings contracts?

I thought no question was deemed stupid?

Quote:At all. Cleveland fans want him to go

I am a Cleveland fan as well as a Jags fan. I hope he walks and not to the Jags. DeFillipo's offense was a clone of what Olsen was running (Flip was Olsen's QB coach in Oakland). Mack cannot adapt to a power blocking scheme. He got handled. In a ZBS, Mack looked good pre-injury.

Vernon/Weddle/Mack

Mario Williams

Tashaun Gipson

Kelechi Osemele

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Mario Williams

Tashaun Gipson

Kelechi Osemele

I'll take it.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Malik Jackson

Mario Williams

Bruce Irvin

Eric Weddle

I'd also resign Wiz instead of over-paying Mack.

I'm gonna limit my wish list to 2 players and hope we land them.

Oliver at DE, so we can be flexible in the draft.

Jenkins at CB.

I don't want to go into 2016 with the same guys. Hopkins is lacking his chops twice a year at House. Plus Andrew Luck will be healthy and Kendall Wright. So if the QB is getting the ball out in 2 seconds, it won't matter who is rushing the QB.

We need a guy that can cover and get picks.

Then we can draft Ramsey in round 1. Joseph in round 2. A Center in round 3. A LB in round 4. And a backup RB in round 5.

Quote:I'd also resign Wiz instead of over-paying Mack.

Just, no

Quote:Just, no
Mack: Better run blocker

Wiz: 3 years younger, more reliable (0 missed snaps last year, only 12 in entire career), much cheaper, better pass blocker

I don't mind looking to upgrade Wiz with Kelly/Conklin/Allen in the draft or moving Cann to C if we get a nice young guard like Osemele/Brooks, but I think we're going to be really disappointed with what we get if we pay Mack 10+ mil AAV. 

It looks like the Rams are doing whatever they can to keep their 2 corners. By cutting 3 players today, it's unlikely that both Jenkins and Johnson will be available. Jags will need to look closely at Sean Smith and Heyward in case they can't sign one of the Rams. If they fail to get any of these guys, there should be a pretty good corner in round 2 like Fuller from Virginia Tech. Jaguars definitely need to upgrade this position and move Colvin to nickel.

Quote:Mario Williams

Tashaun Gipson

Kelechi Osemele

These would be my targets as well.

Quote:It looks like the Rams are doing whatever they can to keep their 2 corners. By cutting 3 players today, it's unlikely that both Jenkins and Johnson will be available. Jags will need to look closely at Sean Smith and Heyward in case they can't sign one of the Rams. If they fail to get any of these guys, there should be a pretty good corner in round 2 like Fuller from Virginia Tech. Jaguars definitely need to upgrade this position and move Colvin to nickel.
Yeah, it definitely sucks that both Rams CB are likely off the market now. I would definitely add Boykin and maybe Patrick Robinson to Sean Smith and Hayward. Robinson was shockingly good for the Chargers last year after being a bust for the Saints, so just maybe on him. 

Quote:Yeah, it definitely sucks that both Rams CB are likely off the market now. I would definitely add Boykin and maybe Patrick Robinson to Sean Smith and Hayward. Robinson was shockingly good for the Chargers last year after being a bust for the Saints, so just maybe on him. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of their corners, more likely Jenkins, still hit the market because of the obscene amounts of money even solid corners are garnering in free agency. Not saying he doesn't end up going back to Los Angeles like McCourty or Cobb did to their respective teams last season, but I can see Jenkins testing the waters at least during the legal tampering period.

Rodney Mcleon FS Rams

Havnt mentioned him because I thought he was an RFA. Good solid safety who's only 25. Could be a more attractive signing to Caldwell than Weddle,Gibson etc because of his youth.

Quote:Rodney Mcleon FS Rams

Havnt mentioned him because I thought he was an RFA. Good solid safety who's only 25. Could be a more attractive signing to Caldwell than Weddle,Gibson etc because of his youth.
McLeod, Iloka, and Abdul-Quddus are all 27 or younger with PFF grades of 80 or higher last year. Very impressive trio for Dave to target if he wants to improve the secondary.

Quote:McLeod, Iloka, and Abdul-Quddus are all 27 or younger with PFF grades of 80 or higher last year. Very impressive trio for Dave to target if he wants to improve the secondary.

PFF grades mean nothing to me but I agree its a good year for safety's in both FA and draft. Would the Bengals really let Nelson and Lloka go in the same year?

Quote:Mack: Better run blocker

Wiz: 3 years younger, more reliable (0 missed snaps last year, only 12 in entire career), much cheaper, better pass blocker

I don't mind looking to upgrade Wiz with Kelly/Conklin/Allen in the draft or moving Cann to C if we get a nice young guard like Osemele/Brooks, but I think we're going to be really disappointed with what we get if we pay Mack 10+ mil AAV. 
As to the bolded text, I assume you are talking injuries and not erroneous shotgun snaps here.

I still get nausea thinking about those botched shotgun snaps from last year.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!