Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Super Bowl Week

Quote:Probably because of you...

So easy to do..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Manning wants to enjoy Super Bowl Week and not make it all about him. In his mind, now is not the time to make a formal announcement on his retirement plans. I have no problem with that.
Whether he announced it now or not wouldn't matter. Either way Manning would be a central focus. The focus and questions right now are just, "Are you going to retire", "Is this your final season", "Is this your last game", etc.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

I'm in the minority, I am going Denver.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Interested to watch the game, but hate this whole week.  Having hundreds of media outlets searching for stories makes me cringe. 

The media searches for stories all year. They think that is their job instead of just reporting what actually happened. It is just more pronounced during Super Bowl week for obvious reasons.

Go Denver. For Von, DeMarcus and this whole great defense. And a last one for Manning.

Quote:Go Denver. For Von, DeMarcus and this whole great defense. And a last one for Manning.

Those guys did not play in the disaster two years ago. Just being in the Super Bowl is a treat for them. They are two of the biggest reasons Denver got this opportunity. If the Broncos win, a defensive player will be the MVP.

Quote:Those guys did not play in the disaster two years ago. Just being in the Super Bowl is a treat for them. They are two of the biggest reasons Denver got this opportunity. If the Broncos win, a defensive player will be the MVP.
Highly doubt that. If Denver wins, it will most likely be due to Manning and would it get it anyway even if he was terrible. He was bad in his SB win and he still got it.

Quote:I'm in the minority, I am going Denver.

I'm picking Carolina, but I am surprised at how "easy" of a pick everyone is making this seem.  Denver has far and away the best defense in the NFL.  Those defensive ends are the most disruptive thing going.  If they create some havoc Carolina could be in some trouble.  I just think Carolina can counter it with a running game with both Cam and it's rb's. 

I also think Carolina's defense is much better than any defense Denver has faced in the playoffs.  Denvers offense is not that good.  Manning actually looked a tad fleet of foot last week.

This is one of the more intriguing Super Bowls and I'm excited to watch it because of the story lines.

Quote:Go Denver. For Von, DeMarcus and this whole great defense. And a last one for Manning.

Guy at work just said Denver doesn't have a good defense.  Stupid Steeler fans.  His comment was "We" almost beat them without Antonio Brown.

Quote:Highly doubt that. If Denver wins, it will most likely be due to Manning and would it get it anyway even if he was terrible. He was bad in his SB win and he still got it.

When Baltimore won after the 2000 season, Ray Lewis was named the MVP. Voters know when they should select a defensive player.

Quote:Guy at work just said Denver doesn't have a good defense.  Stupid Steeler fans.  His comment was "We" almost beat them without Antonio Brown.

Pffft LOL. He is just made Denver won.

Quote:When Baltimore won after the 2000 season, Ray Lewis was named the MVP. Voters know when they should select a defensive player.

Yeah, that was a killer selection.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Want Denver to win, but I'd put my money on Carolina.

Quote:Want Denver to win, but I'd put my money on Carolina.

I can't see Carolina losing either.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2016, 07:19 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Another Broncos player got bad news, and this time there is nothing funny about it. Antonio Smith's father died.  Sad

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...hers-death

Obviously there is never a good time to lose someone you love, but four days before the biggest game of his life has to be very stressful for him. Will it affect his play on Sunday?

Sincere condolences to Smith and his family. RIP Marty Williams.

Rooting for Denver based on geography, but I expect the Panthers to force Manning into turnovers, and win by 10.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Rooting for Denver based on geography, but I expect the Panthers to force Manning into turnovers, and win by 10.

What does geography have to do with it?

One turnover by Manning could be enough for the Panthers.

I want Denver to win. I see it as a possibility, too, with that defense.

Quote:I want Denver to win. I see it as a possibility, too, with that defense.

It is only possible because of that defense.

Never could I think Denver would hold Pit and NE to under 20 points. I think they will do the same to Carolina who has average WR's. 

Take away Olsen, use a spy for Newton and the Panthers are basic.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.