Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
the _____________ Raiders

Quote:Does the NFL want Davis in LA? To a point it feels like they don't, but they also don't want Mark pulling an Al and going over their heads so they may as well allow the raiders to move back to LA. So all of this still is muddy, of course the Raiders may get what they "want" in Oakland but that is more off than the other situations.
Mark Davis doesn't have enough money to build his own stadium, which he'd surely have to in LA. If he had the cash for it, he'd have built his 55,000-seat stadium in Oakland.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wherever they move, I hope they have better barbers.
Only a chump boos the home team!

I lived in San Diego for 5 years and the Chargers belong there.  I am hopping the city makes this right but I have a feeling what is going to happen is that they are going to let the Chargers leave and then decide to build a new stadium, see Cleveland, Baltimore, Houston, and St. Loius as cities that lost their team first before they got serious about building a new stadium

Quote:I lived in San Diego for 5 years and the Chargers belong there.  I am hopping the city makes this right but I have a feeling what is going to happen is that they are going to let the Chargers leave and then decide to build a new stadium, see Cleveland, Baltimore, Houston, and St. Loius as cities that lost their team first before they got serious about building a new stadium

From your perspective of living in San Diego for 5 years,  if as expected public money will be involved in any potential stadium agreement,   do you think that the voters in San Diego ( and potentially surrounding areas )  will approve a ballot measure?    From what I have heard and read,  it's far from a given that voter approval will occur.

Obviously I can't offer a local perspective, but my guess is voters will turn it down because Dean Spanos said he has an agreement with Stan Kroenke and only committed himself to one more season in San Diego. However, the election is in June, so there is plenty of time for the situation to change drastically. I am interested in seeing how it plays out on Election Day.

Quote:Obviously I can't offer a local perspective, but my guess is voters will turn it down because Dean Spanos said he has an agreement with Stan Kroenke and only committed himself to one more season in San Diego. However, the election is in June, so there is plenty of time for the situation to change drastically. I am interested in seeing how it plays out on Election Day.

The focus now appears to be on a public vote in November:

Chargers Plan for San Diego Stadium Comes to Light

The site they've targeted, the steps they'll take, and the timeline they'll follow

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/sports/C...38731.html

That website does not have a scroll bar.  Wallbash

Quote:That website does not have a scroll bar.  Wallbash

Worked fine for me. 

The owner legit wants to stay in San Diego.  There is no way he wants to lease his way and play in somebody else's stadium.  His main priority is to get his own stadium and stay in San Diego.  He's hoping now he has enough leverage in place to get the vote in his favor.  If the people in San Diego vote it down, then they haven't shown the support they need to to keep an NFL team.

Quote:Worked fine for me. 

The owner legit wants to stay in San Diego. There is no way he wants to lease his way and play in somebody else's stadium. His main priority is to get his own stadium and stay in San Diego. He's hoping now he has enough leverage in place to get the vote in his favor. If the people in San Diego vote it down, then they haven't shown the support they need to to keep an NFL team.

NBC needs to get rid of that skinny thing you have to drag to scroll down. I had no idea what it was when I saw it.

The only reason Dean Spanos applied for a move to Los Angeles was he seemingly could not get a new stadium in San Diego. This is a presidential election year, so if the ballot issue fails it is safe to assume he does not have enough public support - and neither would any other NFL team.

Quote:The only reason Dean Spanos applied for a move to Los Angeles was he seemingly could not get a new stadium in San Diego. This is a presidential election year, so if the ballot issue fails it is safe to assume he does not have enough public support - and neither would any other NFL team.
:blink:

Quote:It's against the CoC to evade the filter that way, you should always type out "the [BAD WORD REMOVED] Raiders" when referring to that team.

That was great -- for those of us that get sarcasm.

The Raiders moving to Las Vegas might be a major step closer by the latter part of this week:

http://www.businessinsider.com/raiders-m...val-2016-4

Quote:The Raiders moving to Las Vegas might be a major step closer by the latter part of this week:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.businessinsider.com/raiders-mark-davis-all-in-las-vegas-move-pending-approval-2016-4'>http://www.businessinsider.com/raiders-mark-davis-all-in-las-vegas-move-pending-approval-2016-4</a>
Still have to convince 23 other owners to get over their fear of gambling.

Quote:Still have to convince 23 other owners to get over their fear of gambling.

If the Chargers get voter approval for a new stadium in San Diego,   I think there's a pretty good chance the Raiders will get approval to move to Las Vegas if they come to an agreement with Las Vegas.    Even more than the owners concerns about gambling,   most owners don't want the Raiders moving back to Los Angeles. 

And now thier picks are coming from mexico city... how stupid are they... I mean, im happy I'm not part of that poor fan base.

Quote:And now thier picks are coming from mexico city... how stupid are they... I mean, im happy I'm not part of that poor fan base.

What's this have to do with anything?

The Jaguars are announcing a pick from the UK. So what?

A Las Vegas team?? well.... If I were a BETTING man...... Tongue Big Grin

Quote:What's this have to do with anything?

The Jaguars are announcing a pick from the UK. So what?
to begin with mexico is so safe they couldn't even get americans there to announce it... the notoriety of mexico city being run by illegal gangs funded by drugs, sale of firearms and extortion should be enough for the nfl to want little to do with it. Its not like we play games there either... it was an obvious ploy to gain Hispanic fans in cal but its weak and I hope it back fires... I did notice our uk pick but it doesn't compare to me. We play games in london as a home team, oakland has nothing to do with mexico.

Quote:to begin with mexico is so safe they couldn't even get americans there to announce it... the notoriety of mexico city being run by illegal gangs funded by drugs, sale of firearms and extortion should be enough for the nfl to want little to do with it. Its not like we play games there either... it was an obvious ploy to gain Hispanic fans in cal but its weak and I hope it back fires... I did notice our uk pick but it doesn't compare to me. We play games in london as a home team, oakland has nothing to do with mexico.

Haha, ok.

I think at the end of the day, the Chargers are going to get their stadium deal in San Diego, and the Raiders get the 2nd team option in LA. 

Unfortunately for Vegas and San Antonio, they're being used as a negotiating ploy. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]