Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Are you ever embarrassed to go around telling people that you are a Jags fan?

No. Never have, never will be.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

NO

and when I go out of town outside of Jacksonville, I make sure I wear jaguars gear, i'm a true fan, Im not gonna only show support for the team when they are good

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Same I'm in Dallas now and people respect the QB and see the potential.  I ask them in return if they appreciate Tony Romo now.
I wouldn't be surprised by that happening in Texas-Football is its own religion among many Texans, so I'm not shocked by the amount of knowledgeable football fans over there.

No, but having to defend how terrible the team has been is taking its toll

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

As a former Ram fan now living in Kansas City, I'm used to getting enormous amounts of flack. I suspect it will continue since I chose the Jags over the Chiefs as my team. No matter. If I can live with a decade of suck followed by five years of meh, I can live with this.

Quote:As a former Ram fan now living in Kansas City, I'm used to getting enormous amounts of flack. I suspect it will continue since I chose the Jags over the Chiefs as my team. No matter. If I can live with a decade of suck followed by five years of meh, I can live with this.
You're just in time to see the team build around what was arguably the best offense we've ever fielded since 1999 so it won't be dark days for too long.

I think everyone here will be tremendously disappointed if this team doesn't at least finish at .500 in 2016

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Whenever I log onto this MB, I take a quick look out my door and window then make sure all the blinds and curtains are drawn tight. Then I grab my tablet and go into a closet.

Nah,99% of people where I live have never heard of the Jaguars so they don't have much to slag me about.

My fandom is a bit odd because the only time I've met other Jags fans is in London at the game.

Never. I live in upstate new york and rock some sort of jags gear almost every day. I rarely ever get trash talking from anyone. Actually two different people I saw at work today confused my jags winter hat for the Panthers and were congratulating me on my team being in the super bowl. It was pretty funny so I just went with it.

Never and I travel a lot.  I do get flack in airports sometimes but just roll with it.  I can remember when every every other team struggled and am quick to point it out.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:Never.

Suffering through drought is a reality for true fans everywhere. The people that get it respect it. The others can kick rocks.
Agreed.  I've never been embarrassed to be a Jags fan.

Any NFL fan of any team for more than a few minutes has had to endure the down times, some much worse than ours.  That's how traditions are developed.  It's not like Pittsburgh, Green Bay, or New England have always been good teams.  I know millennials may think the history of the world starts with their birth, but the reality is that every team has struggled at some point, and the fans who ride it out through those dark times tend to appreciate the good moments just that much more. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I'm a millennial, so I like getting sympathy hugs from fans of teams that win occasionally.

Quote:Especially if you live outside of Jacksonville in places which have other NFL teams? for me personally, it's been mixed. I've gotten a lot of flak from people for being a Jags fan, but there are also others who admire my hometown loyalty, and the fact that I'm standing behind my team. I'm interested in reading about other people's experiences.
I live almost dead center of Pa. It's nearly the same distance to Pittsburgh as it is to Philly...It's only a couple hours to Baltimore, NY, is about 4 hours and so is DC, Indy is also within driving distance...I get a lot of flack for being a Jags fan. My Jags flags I fly in my front yard have been stolen many times...I'm never embarrassed to  say I'm a jags fan...When I am asked who my team is, I simply say I'm a Jaguars fan, and when people start laughing, and before they have a chance to reply, I say, "Yeah we suck, but I lived in Jax when we got the team, so they are my team, and we are getting better"

No.

Quote:I'm embarrassed by embarrassed fans.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I live in Atlanta. When someone points out my Jags shirt, hat or coat, it's usually because they're either from Jax or somewhere else in Florida. There's no disrespect.  But you have to remember, we have the Falcons here, and Atlanta fans aren't in a position to laugh at anyone.

Why would you be embarrassed? I usually say "I'm a diehard Jags fan." Then, after they look at me funny, I say "it's been a rough decade."

If you're embarrassed because of the football team you root for, you probably have some serious emotional issues you should work on.

I'm more embarrassed by how empty the stadium is or how many opposing team fans there are at the stadium on game day. That is a joke.

I do, not very much but I do, why? Gene Smith, taking a punter in the third, Mike Mularkey and Gus Bradley. Also, when I used to go to NFL forums and I'd find the classic Jagsfans posting the same **** they do here "Cyrprien will be a probowler" "Mike Thomas is better than Maclin" etc etc. 

Never felt that way in the TC or JDR era.

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Born and raised in Jax and the Jags are my team. I love them,  and my home!! :thanks: