Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
L.A. Rams

Quote:The City of St Louis had a proposal in place and the NFL didn't give them a chance to approve them. San Diego or Oakland moving makes sense from a certain perspective as they for whatever reason couldn't get a stadium going.

St Louis was robbed. My heart truly hurts for their fans

Sucks for St. Louis Rams, but the silver lining is that the Rams played for almost 50 seasons in LA.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Sad part is, once the novelty wears off, nobody in LA will care anymore.. again..
They already don't care lol

Quote:The league basically has given approval to that and more; any billionaire can hide his true intentions, buy a team, and move it without acting in good faith. And he can do it without stadium issues, or Kroenke's case, completely ignore a viable stadium proposal. Meaning the team can have a perfectly good stadium or plan for one and the owner can give them the middle finger. This means Khan could theoretically move the team with an owners vote anytime he wants. That's just an extreme example, but the league is basically saying now it doesn't matter. Goodell really [BAD WORD REMOVED] me off on this one
It was bound to happen eventually. Anti-trust laws would eventually be challenged by an owner wanting to move his team whether the league liked it or not, and an attempt to block that owner would have resulted in a book-opening lawsuit that would do more PR damage to the NFL than any financial damage done by an order to allow that owner to move would.

Quote:Not true. There must be an unresolved stadium issue for a team to be eligible for relocation. That rules out the Jaguars.
JDub, the only reason the stadium situation in St. Louis was unresolved was because Kroenke wanted it to be. The city and state put forward a proposal that could easily have been made to work for all parties if Kroenke wasn't so busy telling the city to open wide so he could take a bigger crap in their mouths.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JoeBanner13'>[Image: wRGwf1ia_bigger.jpeg]Joe Banner ‏@JoeBanner13 </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JoeBanner13/status/687091447628173316' title="8:59 PM - 12 Jan 2016">4m4 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Looking at details, it's clear league would prefer to only have one team in LA. I guarantee that Chargers are really really mad.

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Hopefully Spanos and San Diego can work something out.

Quote:Sucks for St. Louis Rams, but the silver lining is that the Rams played for almost 50 seasons in LA.
And in 20 years, St. Louis can have them back!

Quote:And in 20 years, St. Louis can have them back!

I think this time around a single team can work in Los Angeles.

Quote:I think this time around a single team can work in Los Angeles.
Until they're perpetually 8-8 and want a new stadium, and the locals don't care.

Amazingly, there's not a word about this on PFT.

Quote:They already don't care lol

It was bound to happen eventually. Anti-trust laws would eventually be challenged by an owner wanting to move his team whether the league liked it or not, and an attempt to block that owner would have resulted in a book-opening lawsuit that would do more PR damage to the NFL than any financial damage done by an order to allow that owner to move would.

JDub, the only reason the stadium situation in St. Louis was unresolved was because Kroenke wanted it to be. The city and state put forward a proposal that could easily have been made to work for all parties if Kroenke wasn't so busy telling the city to open wide so he could take a bigger crap in their mouths.

The NFL has way to many legal loopholes in their favor. I'd be in favor of exposing that and more. Let's not the forget the ridiculous notion of tax exempt status, in publicly financed stadiums nonetheless. So the taxpayers get fleeced twice.

The one good that comes out of this is that without LA as leverage the owners can't use it as blackmail to get the public to pay for their stadiums

Quote:The NFL has way to many legal loopholes in their favor. I'd be in favor of exposing that and more. Let's not the forget the ridiculous notion of tax exempt status, in publicly financed stadiums nonetheless. So the taxpayers get fleeced twice.

The one good that comes out of this is that without LA as leverage the owners can't use it as blackmail to get the public to pay for their stadiums
They don't need it. Now they have London, San Antonio and, as of tonight, St. Louis.

Hard to imagine a greedy billionaire who doesn't mind an entire city hating his guts for a few extra bucks. Wonder how this guy sleeps at night.

Quote:They don't need it. Now they have London, San Antonio and, as of tonight, St. Louis.

I doubt the NFL has the burning desire to conquer two out of three of those markets as they did LA.

As far as London that's a pipe dream at the moment

Quote:Hard to imagine a greedy billionaire who doesn't mind an entire city hating his guts for a few extra bucks. Wonder how this guy sleeps at night.
Probably the same way Art Modell did: on a feather-soft king size bed with 800 thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets.

I don't get why another team moved to Cali. Don't the 3 current teams have trouble selling tickets? Great idea to add a 4th. Should of just moved a current Cali team to LA.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2016, 10:24 PM by leopold332002.)

Quote:Probably the same way Art Modell did: on a feather-soft king size bed with 800 thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets.

As long as Shad khan can sleep good at night and keep the Jaguars in Jacksonville then I'm good
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Sad part is, once the novelty wears off, nobody in LA will care anymore.. again..

When will they het it through their dumb heads that LA is not a good market, and they have the gall to say why we do we still have a team? Morons.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Jags have a lease that runs at least ten more years. Then you've got the fact that Shad has already put $100 million of his own money into the stadium.

Quote:As long as Shad khan can sleep good at night and keep the Jaguars in Jacksonville then I'm good
Kroenke made virtually zero (if not exactly zero) effort to invest in St. Louis and buy what amounts to a stake in the town like Khan did. Kroenke's actions made it apparent from pretty early on that his desires rested elsewhere, even though nothing publicly came out until the Inglewood purchase. Khan's actions made it clear from the start that he's committed to Jacksonville. If he wanted to move the team, he could easily have done so to either LA or London. Instead, he's reinvested in the stadium and the city, and worked out the London deal that goes a long way towards making the Jaguars work in a low-dollar market like Jacksonville.

Quote:Hard to imagine a greedy billionaire who doesn't mind an entire city hating his guts for a few extra bucks. Wonder how this guy sleeps at night.

Adding to what you said,   Stan Kroenke was named after two St. Louis Baseball Cardinals legends.  Now,  he will be mentioned in the same sentence as Walter O'Malley,  Robert Irsay,  and a few select other owners that ripped the hearts out of fans in what was the team's home market.   Especially,  after Kroenke's relocation application became public knowledge. 

Are we to assume the 2 dissenting votes were from Mark Davis and Dean Spanos?  

Quote:Kroenke made virtually zero (if not exactly zero) effort to invest in St. Louis and buy what amounts to a stake in the town like Khan did. Kroenke's actions made it apparent from pretty early on that his desires rested elsewhere, even though nothing publicly came out until the Inglewood purchase. Khan's actions made it clear from the start that he's committed to Jacksonville. If he wanted to move the team, he could easily have done so to either LA or London. Instead, he's reinvested in the stadium and the city, and worked out the London deal that goes a long way towards making the Jaguars work in a low-dollar market like Jacksonville.

Absolutely.  

Back when Stan Kroenke exercised his option to become the majority owner of the St. Louis Rams,  denying Shad Khan the opportunity to buy the Rams,  never did I imagine that Kroenke would be the one that would move the Rams.    It didn't take that long,  relatively speaking,  to realize that Kroenke was closer to the owner in the movie ' Major League'  than someone who reminds people of the Rooney Family in terms of commitment to community,  as well as franchise.    Like I expressed many times in recent months,  there's no question in my mind that Kroenke is the NFLs worst owner.   He's cemented his legacy as an NFL owner,  regardless of what transpires in Los Angeles.   That much more after listening to his comments at the press conference following the relocation vote.

I remember when Marshall Faulk trash talked the Jaguars... now his team is on its way to LA.

Feel bad for St. Louis... until the Cardinals win another world series.
No commercial messages in sigs