Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Special Owners Meeting for a vote on Los Angeles

Quote:It sounds as if Stan has put together a deal the league may not be able to refuse.

That could easily turn out to be the case.  

Yet,  on the other side of the spectrum,  if the NFL Relocation Committee recommends the Carson project,   that could easily be the difference the other way.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Good question, but that would be irrelevant for Rams fans who live in Carson.

As someone who is not familiar with the details of travel in and around Los Angeles,   I'm not sure how difficult it would be to get from Carson to Inglewood.   

Also,  one question that comes to mind are what are the public transportation options for both sites,  both present and proposed?

Quote:Great points.

I'm very interested to see the individual breakdown of the final vote that takes place.  

One other issue is that if the NFL turns down the money that St. Louis and the state of Missouri have pledged, will elected officials in other areas be more reluctant to offer public funds in future stadium situations?

I never thought about that one. Of course you have to remember there will be different elected officials at this time next year, including some who are new to politics.

Quote:I still can't get behind the idea of the Chargers and Raiders, two division rivals, being in the same market let alone the same stadium.

I think there's a good chance that one of the teams would be moved to the NFC West.   The questions then become which team?   Also,  which team moves to the AFC West?

If the Rams remain in St. Louis,  they would be a good fit in the AFC West because of the I-40 connection with Kansas City.   

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...with-rams/

If these teams have to play in their current markets for another year, it would be pretty hilarious if nobody showed up to the games.

Quote:I never thought about that one. Of course you have to remember there will be different elected officials at this time next year, including some who are new to politics.

There's no question that elected officials come and go  (  though some stay much longer than others  ).

Yet,  being that it will be well known what took place with the current Franchise relocation situation,    if St. Louis is rejected,  I think at least in some cases public funding will be harder to come by.  

Quote:If these teams have to play in their current markets for another year, it would be pretty hilarious if nobody showed up to the games.

The Rams already have a big attendance problem. As soon as Stan Kroenke said he wants to move the team, many fans stopped buying tickets.

Quote:The Rams already have a big attendance problem. As soon as Stan Kroenke said he wants to move the team, many fans stopped buying tickets.

I can't understand what moron would still elect to purchase tickets to a team owned by Kroenke or Spanos.

Just tells you how many idiots exist in this country.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2016, 02:11 PM by TJBender.)

Quote:Who's was that reporter that said we would be in LA by 2021? O Halloran or whatever his name is?

Yea, I think it's ok to call that one a miss.
O'Halloran said that?! You must be thinking of someone else...

Quote:It sounds as if Stan has put together a deal the league may not be able to refuse.
Or a deal the league is afraid to refuse. Remember, nightmare scenario: the Chargers and Raiders gain league approval to share Carson, and Kroenke announces that he's building his stadium and moving the Rams anyway.

Quote:That makes sense, but everyone is tired of talking about Los Angeles and wants to get sit over with. Delaying the vote again would only happen if it is impossible to get 24 votes tomorrow.
"Tired of talking about Los Angeles" lol

JW, if I were about to make a multi-billion dollar decision about the future of my business, I promise you I would not be "tired of talking about" it until I was damn sure of what I was doing and the ink on the contracts had dried.

Bender, the owners are impatient to get it done because they have been talking about it off and on for 21 years. And I am talking about the other 29, not the three who applied for relocation.

Quote:Who's was that reporter that said we would be in LA by 2021? O Halloran or whatever his name is?

Quote:The Jags beat writer Ryan O'Halloran said that?

I think that used to be Mike Florio's thing back in the day.

You're thinking of La Canfora that said we'd be in London by 2021.

Here's at least one of the tweets.  https://twitter.com/jasonlacanfora/statu...4207548416

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...inglewood/

This could get ugly.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Bender, the owners are impatient to get it done because they have been talking about it off and on for 21 years. And I am talking about the other 29, not the three who applied for relocation.
We're talking about hundreds of millions of dollars up front and billions of dollars over time. Stan Kroenke might be itching to get something done ASA*P, but no businessman worth his checkbook is going to race to make a decision like that without fully considering every possible angle just because they're "tired of talking about" it. Bro, do you even business?

Quote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...inglewood/

This could get ugly.
I still think Kroenke forces his way into LA, with the support of the owners or not. Even if he resigns himself to selling the team to make it work in St. Louis, the number of zeroes and nuclear options used in the anti-trust lawsuit that would certainly follow would make Al Davis blush.

Quote:We're talking about hundreds of millions of dollars up front and billions of dollars over time. Stan Kroenke might be itching to get something done ASAP, but no businessman worth his checkbook is going to race to make a decision like that without fully considering every possible angle just because they're "tired of talking about" it. Do you even business?

You did not read my post. I said the owners who are not named Dean Spanos, Stan Kroenke, or Mark Davis are tired of it. If you don't believe me, read Judy Battista's article.

Quote:I still think Kroenke forces his way into LA, with the support of the owners or not. Even if he resigns himself to selling the team to make it work in St. Louis, the number of zeroes and nuclear options used in the anti-trust lawsuit that would certainly follow would make Al Davis blush.
Exactly.

Quote:You did not read my post. I said the owners who are not named Dean Spanos, Stan Kroenke, or Mark Davis are tired of it. If you don't believe me, read Judy Battista's article.
Who's Judy Battista? She's an NFL pool reporter who, based upon her article, is getting her information from PFT and ESPN then regurgitating it. JW, you're absolutely insane if you believe for one second that a multi-billionaire businessman, let alone 24 of them, are going to sign off on a gigantic, league-altering deal they're not 150% ok with simply because they're tired of talking about it.

I'm done with this. You're displaying all the business acumen of a dot-com investor.

What do you all think is the best plan now?

http://https://youtu.be/ks072waMayk