Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Kansas City Chefs at Houston Texans Wild Card Thread***

I need attention early GameDay thread. Cool.
Huh

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2016, 01:09 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

One of my favorite coach quotes: "We knew we were playing against the Pittsburgh Steelers. We did not know we also were playing against the guys in black in white stripes too." - Mike Holmgren on bad calls against the Seahawks

Sometimes I think Pittsburgh was destined to win that game because it was the last for Jerome Bettis and in Detroit, his hometown.

Chiefs

T
exans

Quote:Chiefs

T
exans

Hopefully part of that score will be on Kansas City's defense. I would love that.

Quote:Why do we have asterisk-official gameday threads 72 hours before the games?

There's been a few cases of this in the NFL Large section but we can make these new threads the 'Unofficial Official 'Wildcard Game Threads.   :thumbsup:

Quote:Chiefs

T
exans

Maybe I'm vastly overrating the Texans but a score even close to this one would surprise the heck out of me.

I miss having games on Monday and Thursday nights while waiting for this one to start.

Is it Saturday yet?

Quote:  Maybe I'm vastly overrating the Texans but a score even close to this one would surprise the heck out of me.

it shouldnt. Look at the history of wild card games. They are hardly close

Quote:it shouldnt. Look at the history of wild card games. They are hardly close

Both teams are good Defensively.   Unless turnovers and/ or Special Teams contribute substantially to points being scored,  this would seem to shape up as a low scoring game. 

Quote:I miss having games on Monday and Thursday nights while waiting for this one to start.

Is it Saturday yet?
In New Zealand, yes.

Quote:It may seem obvious the Chiefs should win this one but does anybody think the Texans can pull off an upset?

Of course its possible.  The Texans have an awesome defense and they are playing at home.

Quote:  Maybe I'm vastly overrating the Texans but a score even close to this one would surprise the heck out of me.

Agree, I think this will be in the low 20's if you ask me.

Is this the first time they have done the AFC/NFC split as far as Saturday/Sunday goes?  I always thought they did one conference game per day.

Quote:Agree, I think this will be in the low 20's if you ask me.

Is this the first time they have done the AFC/NFC split as far as Saturday/Sunday goes?  I always thought they did one conference game per day.

Since the NFL current playoff format was put into place for the 1990 season,   I'm near 100 % positive this is the first time the AFC playoff games are on the same day,  with the NFC playoff games being on another day.    In a way,  it reminds me of how the NFL now has some AFC road team games appearing on FOX and NFC road team games appearing on CBS.  The days of predictable scheduling seem long gone.  

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2016, 03:35 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Agree, I think this will be in the low 20s if you ask me.

Is this the first time they have done the AFC/NFC split as far as Saturday/Sunday goes? I always thought they did one conference game per day.

Yep. It has always been both conferences play on both days. I wonder why they changed it  this year.

Now it is officially game day. GO CHIEFS!

I think the Texans defense is good enough to keep them in it, but the Chiefs are a hot team right now. I expect the Chiefs would win in a 27-17 type game.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Now it is officially game day. GO CHIEFS!

Something that I didn't realize before today is the Chiefs have had a very long playoff drought (no playoff wins). They haven't won a playoff game since 1993. That is just 1 year shy of the Bengals last win (1992), and 2 years shy of the Lions last win (1991).

Coincidentally, the last playoff win in 1993 for the Chiefs was against the Houston Oilers.

It would be cool to see them get their next win against the now Houston Texans.

Four hours left . . .

Lets go KC

I'm torn if I want the horns to go deeper into playoffs and pick later in draft.