Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How comfortable should Bradley/Caldwell be with re-signing Henne?
Very comfortable. Henne knows the system and there isn't anyone that would be a clear upgrade.
Somewhat comfortable. Henne would be the priority at backup QB, but if he gets any other serious offers that exceed his value let him walk.
Henne is just a guy. There are several other names on that list that bring about the same thing to the table that Henne does so sign the cheapest one.
Not comfortable. There are several clear upgrades to Henne on that list.
corn
Blank #2
[Show Results]

Re-sign Henne?

After what I've seen in the NFL this season, if you are relying on your back up for any length of time... your season might be done-zo.

Now a few teams have had guys in place and drafted mid round guys to sit behind them, and some of that has worked out OK when the backups come in.

Dalton/AJ Manning/Brock

but for the most part... back ups are back ups for a reason.

Henne would be no different than most other back up QBs.

Except he's well aware of this system. He has 0 threat to take the job or cause controversy.

Sure we could bring in a younger guy... or some back up that maybe shined somewhere else....

but if Bortles goes down are you going to feel any better with a Josh Johnson or TJ Yates behind center than Henne?

To the contrary actually...

at this point... Not sure there is anyone I'd rather be Bortles back up. Bortles doesn't need competition behind him. And we don't need some bumbling youngster who's on team 2 or 3 that hasn't used him yet...

IF this team ever establishes a solid run game/pass protection on a consistent basis... Henne could actually win us a couple games in the tragedy that Bortles should go down.

Not sure I'll want... I dunno, Tolzien? Keenum? Chase Daniel?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:After what I've seen in the NFL this season, if you are relying on your back up for any length of time... your season might be done-zo.

Now a few teams have had guys in place and drafted mid round guys to sit behind them, and some of that has worked out OK when the backups come in.

Dalton/AJ Manning/Brock

but for the most part... back ups are back ups for a reason.

Henne would be no different than most other back up QBs.

Except he's well aware of this system. He has 0 threat to take the job or cause controversy.

Sure we could bring in a younger guy... or some back up that maybe shined somewhere else....

but if Bortles goes down are you going to feel any better with a Josh Johnson or TJ Yates behind center than Henne?

To the contrary actually...

at this point... Not sure there is anyone I'd rather be Bortles back up. Bortles doesn't need competition behind him. And we don't need some bumbling youngster who's on team 2 or 3 that hasn't used him yet...

IF this team ever establishes a solid run game/pass protection on a consistent basis... Henne could actually win us a couple games in the tragedy that Bortles should go down.

Not sure I'll want... I dunno, Tolzien? Keenum? Chase Daniel?
I think at this point, Henne is the safe pick to remain in that backup role.  People keep fixating on his cap figure as if that's somehow a factor in what the Jags will do. It's not, especially if they're going to more than likely have more than $50 million to work with in cap space.  The money has to be spent somewhere.  $4 million for a guy who knows the system, knows the personnel, and has no interest in rocking the boat seems reasonable.  And yes, he probably would be able to find ways to win games if Bortles is hurt.  It won't be pretty, but it almost never is when you're relying on a backup QB. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Hell nooo get rid of him !!! He should be gone by Friday imo... What can Bortles learn from Henne? Henne is not even a serviceable backup! He has no mobility, no pocket awareness, poor accuaracy, poor decision making, he doesnt have a big arm, he is not a winner, not a leader, what is his purpose??? Bring in a rookie and fa qb and lets go! Lol keep Chad Henne!!! Thats funny!

Why are you always yelling?

Quote:Why are you always yelling?
The less you know, the louder you type.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016, 11:43 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:The less you know, the louder you type.

Yet everything he said is true.

No mobility - Check

No pocket awareness - Check

Poor accuracy - Check

Poor decision making - Check

No big arm - Check

Not a winner - Check

Not a leader - Check

He did leave out one issue which is having his balls rejected like he is playing against Shaq in his prime at the LOS.

Yet, your inherited defensive gene to automatically make fun of someone who makes a valid point you don't agree with or wavered from the company line kicked in. I'm shocked.

I like the guy, but he flat out sucks. The only reason to have him around Is because the jaguars know he can't win the starting job. If we ever lost Blake for the season, one of those players would be available. Back ups are only as good as the team that prepares them. Houston won the division despite using 4 different qbs. Heck, Indy used 5 different qbs and finished with a better record then the jags.

Quote:I like the guy, but he flat out sucks. The only reason to have him around Is because the jaguars know he can't win the starting job. If we ever lost Blake for the season, one of those players would be available. Back ups are only as good as the team that prepares them. Houston won the division despite using 4 different qbs. Heck, Indy used 5 different qbs and finished with a better record then the jags.

Lol, so you only like him because he is incapable of winning a starting job?

On a side note, The NFL should start keeping a "self sack" statistic to keep better track of guys like Henne.

Quote:Lol, so you only like him because he is incapable of winning a starting job?

On a side note, The NFL should start keeping a "self sack" statistic to keep better track of guys like Henne.
No I just think he's a good guy. I could care less if he got replaced. We can have Tom Brady for qb and it wouldn't matter with our coaching staff.

Quote:Yet everything he said is true.

No mobility - Check

No pocket awareness - Check

Poor accuracy - Check

Poor decision making - Check

No big arm - Check

Not a winner - Check

Not a leader - Check

He did leave out one issue which is having his balls rejected like he is playing against Shaq in his prime at the LOS.

Yet, your inherited defensive gene to automatically make fun of someone who makes a valid point you don't agree with or wavered from the company line kicked in. I'm shocked.
Yet, you chose to go after my post.  Should I consider you a stalker now?

Henne isn't nearly as bad as some of you MB GMs want to think.  He's not going to be a clone of Bortles.  His role is to hold a clipboard and not be catastrophically bad when / if called upon.  He knows the system.  He knows the personnel.  He's fine for the role he plays.  Didn't hurt this team once this season.

Quote:I think at this point, Henne is the safe pick to remain in that backup role. People keep fixating on his cap figure as if that's somehow a factor in what the Jags will do. It's not, especially if they're going to more than likely have more than $50 million to work with in cap space. The money has to be spent somewhere. $4 million for a guy who knows the system, knows the personnel, and has no interest in rocking the boat seems reasonable. And yes, he probably would be able to find ways to win games if Bortles is hurt. It won't be pretty, but it almost never is when you're relying on a backup QB.

Dude Henne sucks who cares if he knows the system? The system has only been implemented for 1 year anyway and Bortles pick that up pretty fast.. A rookie and or another proven fa qb would be far better then having Henne IMO.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016, 12:44 PM by Yo Boy.)

I think yelling is all caps..

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016, 12:44 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:Yet, you chose to go after my post.  Should I consider you a stalker now?

Henne isn't nearly as bad as some of you MB GMs want to think.  He's not going to be a clone of Bortles.  His role is to hold a clipboard and not be catastrophically bad when / if called upon.  He knows the system.  He knows the personnel.  He's fine for the role he plays.  Didn't hurt this team once this season.

Didn't hurt the team once this season? lol. Good for him for keeping his feet tucked under the bench when people walked by and avoiding being a potential trip hazard.

Didn't hurt the team once this season.... LMBO. The "shoot for the moon" mentality you base your standards on is commendable. 

Quote:Yet, you chose to go after my post. Should I consider you a stalker now?

Henne isn't nearly as bad as some of you MB GMs want to think. He's not going to be a clone of Bortles. His role is to hold a clipboard and not be catastrophically bad when / if called upon. He knows the system. He knows the personnel. He's fine for the role he plays. Didn't hurt this team once this season.

Lol.. Sry this is funny ... Were you serious?

Quote:Lol.. Sry this is funny ... Were you serious?

You gotta understand. These guys come from a different mindset than normal people. This team has beat these guys into submission to where they actually crave mediocrity. 

Quote:Regarding the Jaguars situation,  regardless if Chad Henne is re-signed,  it would appear to make sense for the team to draft a QB in the mid or late rounds.   Having someone who can be developed into a high caliber backup QB could pay huge dividends later this decade if Blake Bortles misses any time.Alo
Also, drafting mid/late round development Qb's can offer huge trade bait in their 3rd years based on progress... its not that hard to work out a third round pick for a struggling team looking to stop gap the Qb position for a season or 2.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016, 12:57 PM by jagherd.)

Quote:Dude Henne sucks who cares if he knows the system? The system has only been implemented for 1 year anyway and Bortles pick that up pretty fast.. A rookie and or another proven fa qb would be far better then having Henne IMO.
How many backups in the league don't suck?

Even Osweiler was losing games and almost cost Denver a high playoff seed and AFCW championship.

Teams that have to rely on a backup for a majority of the season are pretty much doomed.

Houston and Indy as examples? Lol, look at the current state of the division they're in. And, guess what? Indy rolled with backups this year and didn't make the playoffs. Interesting.

I like D6's statement:

If a QB is available in mid-late rounds during the draft this year, the Jags should consider drafting him if it's good/reasonable value.

Keep Henne (he's not going to be around very much longer anyway), and develop the drafted QB to eventually become the #2 QB.

Quote:My thought is if they fix the Oline in the offseason (which i have serious doubts about), then Blake might remain healthy for years so do you want a senior aging failed QB in Chad Henne or a young guy (maybe even drafted in the later rounds of this years upcoming draft) to spend that time on the bench learning in the event that Blake ever does get injured & if not could always trade him for a higher pick than you spent on him (ex. sign a 7th or undrafted free agent QB and then 3 years later trade him for a 4th pick if you dont feel you need him & want to give him a chance on another team as a starter).

The more I think about it, we know what to expect from Chad Henne below average... safe doesnt throw a lot of picks but also doesnt get the job done... i think its time the Jaguars parted ways with Chad... honestly..

I liked your post.. assuming we increase the o line and our skill players W's yeldon and thomas improve againthe next year ... henne is safe with jax... even if he's put in for 3-4 games assuming the worst ... we may have the offensive talent to come in and let him just manage the game... like you said he doesnt throw picks but we cant expect a surge from him... maybe our offense can compensate for his lack of getting it done....... and then we draft the dev qb and let henne and blake mentor him

Quote:How many backups in the league don't suck?

Even Osweiler was losing games and almost cost Denver a high playoff seed and AFCW championship.

Teams that have to rely on a backup for a majority of the season are pretty much doomed.

Houston and Indy as examples? Lol, look at the current state of the division they're in. And, guess what? Indy rolled with backups this year and didn't make the playoffs. Interesting.

I like D6's statement:

If a QB is available in mid-late rounds during the draft this year, the Jags should consider drafting him if it's good/reasonable value.

Keep Henne (he's not going to be around very much longer anyway), and develop the drafted QB to eventually become the #2 QB.
If hes not going to be around much anyway its time to cut the dead weight.. Id take Vick over Henne,Daniels over Henne, you over Henne! Lol...He just got to go!

Quote:If hes not going to be around much anyway its time to cut the dead weight.. Id take Vick over Henne,Daniels over Henne, you over Henne! Lol...He just got to go!

Especially at his current salary. 

Quote:Especially at his current salary.

Exactly!