Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If the Jags had a Top 10 Defense.......

Quote:If the Jags D held teams to the average score that the NFL's top 10 D have given up this year (19.2), the Jags would be 9-3.

Give Bortles a defense already. Open up the checkbook Shad.....time to draft 6 defensive players and get another 5 defensive free agents. 

Do you think you are the only person on this message board who knows the defense is bad? We all know that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2015, 10:25 PM by Predator.)

Quote:Yes. Should have drafted Cooper last year and all defense this year along with high profile defensive free agents. That's what I would have done as I discussed in March.....we would have been MUCH better.

HAVE TO draft the best player in the Top 10 and Lord knows Amari will have 10x the career Fowler will. 
Drafted Cooper last year?

Yeah, we would be so much better if we wasted the 3rd pick on a guy who wasn't even in the draft.

Freaking brilliant.

I would have loved Cooper, but the defense would be exactly the same as it is right now.

That being said, the Fowler pick was a miss.  We'll likely have to draft another rusher high anyway.  He's going to have to become a Hall of Famer to prove he was worth waiting a year for.  Availability is the best ability, and we got zero this year, nothing at all to show for our pick.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote: 

In 2011 the Jags has the #11 scoring defense:

<div>Matt Roth

Tyson Alualu

Terrance Knighton

Jeremy Mincey

Daryl Smith

Paul Posluszny

Russell Allen

Rashean Mathis

Derek Cox / William Middleton

Dwight Lowery

Dawan Landry

Are those players significantly better than this year's starters, enough to explain the difference between 11th vs. 30th?

We need a new coach.

</div>
Knighton, Mincey, Daryl Smith, Rashean, Lowery, Cox, and Allen were good players. 

Quote:I would have loved Cooper, but the defense would be exactly the same as it is right now.

That being said, the Fowler pick was a miss.  We'll likely have to draft another rusher high anyway.  He's going to have to become a Hall of Famer to prove he was worth waiting a year for.  Availability is the best ability, and we got zero this year, nothing at all to show for our pick.
How is it a miss if the guy didn't even get to play a down yet? The same thing could've happened to Cooper as well, injuries happen.

And he needs to become a HOF'er to prove he's worth waiting for? That's a bit extreme...

Jaylon Smith, Telvin Smith, find me another Smith and we're set in the middle. Get Poz old slow [BLEEP] outta here. This defense needs nothing but a some playmakers in each phase and that shouldn't be that hard to cover.

Quote:Jaylon Smith, Telvin Smith, find me another Smith and we're set in the middle. Get Poz old slow [BAD WORD REMOVED] outta here. This defense needs nothing but a some playmakers in each phase and that shouldn't be that hard to cover.
i agree

[Image: giphy.gif]

Sure if me aunty had balls she'd be me uncle.

Thank God somebody started this thread. Here I was thinking we had a great defense.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I would have loved Cooper, but the defense would be exactly the same as it is right now.

That being said, the Fowler pick was a miss. We'll likely have to draft another rusher high anyway. He's going to have to become a Hall of Famer to prove he was worth waiting a year for. Availability is the best ability, and we got zero this year, nothing at all to show for our pick.

Makes no sense.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The ultimate problem with Fowler is that he's a Gator. That's the surest sign of a defensive bust there is.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

That being said, the Fowler pick was a miss. We'll likely have to draft another rusher high anyway. He's going to have to become a Hall of Famer to prove he was worth waiting a year for. Availability is the best ability, and we got zero this year, nothing at all to show for our pick.

This post is a miss.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

That dante fowler pick..... I mean he tore his ACL and will most likely be back at 100% this upcoming season but pirk nailed it. It's a miss. Who wants a gifted 22 year old pass rusher?

I think we have all seen from guys that have torn the ACL's in the past like Todd Gurley, who is within a couple weeks age of fowler that its just a waste of a draft pick.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:That dante fowler pick..... I mean he tore his ACL and will most likely be back at 100% this upcoming season but pirk nailed it. It's a miss. Who wants a gifted 22 year old pass rusher?

I think we have all seen from guys that have torn the ACL's in the past like Todd Gurley, who is within a couple weeks age of fowler that its just a waste of a draft pick.

I agree, I can't believe David Caldwell didn't factor in that he would tear his ACL on the first day of camp when he drafted him that high. Should have been a major red flag IMO.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2015, 11:02 AM by temporaryname.)

You haven't even seen the kid play yet and he's a miss? 

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:How is it a miss if the guy didn't even get to play a down yet? The same thing could've happened to Cooper as well, injuries happen.

And he needs to become a HOF'er to prove he's worth waiting for? That's a bit extreme...

Because there will always be another Fowler in the draft.  One that you won't have to sit out a year.

There are a lot better pass rushers this year than last.  Take Cooper this year, and you would have another Fowler to take next year.

But we didn't.  We got nothing this year out of the pick.

It was as if we traded/deferred the pick a year.  You have to be very special to make up for what that cost us, to make it worth the wait.

Especially for a team that needs defensive help so badly.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2015, 11:27 AM by BassX97.)

Ive seen some bad posts but this one...its going into my top 5 HOF worst posts I've ever read on this board. Allow me to educate you. 

1. In the NFL, You don't live just "in the now". Its a trap. Just because Fowler missed his first year, Doesn't mean hes a bust. Its all about what happens next. EX: Fred Taylor

2. Watch fowler before you think he isn't worth it. Watch his college ball. He dominated defenses. Even execs were congratulating caldwell after that pick. His potential is as high as JJ Watt

3. Knee Jerk reactions are a sign of emotions and fear affecting your ability to process information.

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:Because there will always be another Fowler in the draft. One that you won't have to sit out a year.

There are a lot better pass rushers this year than last. Take Cooper this year, and you would have another Fowler to take next year.

But we didn't. We got nothing this year out of the pick.

It was as if we traded/deferred the pick a year. You have to be very special to make up for what that cost us, to make it worth the wait.

Especially for a team that needs defensive help so badly.

We still get the pick. He will be 22 next season. What makes you think there is another fowler on the draft?

What makes cooper so great even? There will always be another cooper in the draft. Same logic you used for fowler. Look where we got Robinson, look where we got hurns.

Fowler was the smart choice no matter how you want to spin it.

Quote:We still get the pick. He will be 22 next season. What makes you think there is another fowler on the draft?

What makes cooper so great even? There will always be another cooper in the draft. Same logic you used for fowler. Look where we got Robinson, look where we got hurns.

Fowler was the smart choice no matter how you want to spin it.
You act like we could have found a guy more productive than Cooper in the second round or something.

Quote:You act like we could have found a guy more productive than Cooper in the second round or something.

Honestly, you're right. Idk what I was smoking. I was even going so far as to say we could find someone just as productive as a udfa.