Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How good is Colvin?

Quote:Devon House has been good too, but got burned all day by DeAndre Hopkins. They will have to double team him next time because House definitely can't stop that guy alone.
guess that means they'll put Colvin on Hopkins this time around and we'll have the official word on which one of the two is better

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Guess that means they'll put Colvin on Hopkins this time around and we'll have the official word on which one of the two is better.

Actually I was thinking force Brian Hoyer to throw into double coverage.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2015, 09:25 PM by Sosa.)

Quote:Devon House has been good too, but got burned all day by DeAndre Hopkins. They will have to double team him next time because House definitely can't stop that guy alone.
Hopkins also likes to push off and never EVER gets called for it. I don't know if you watched the highlights against the Bills, but he pushed Stephon Gilmore in the back pretty hard and turned to catch  the TD pass. Referee was right there and still didn't call anything while Gilmore was still struggling to stay on his feet.

Same thing happened to House all game long. The only nice catch Hopkins had was the sideline grab with one hand, but other than that he's a receiver that can't get separation without cheating. Everyone saw him push Revis to get "separation" and was able to get 10 extra steps on him because of it. 

Quote:Hopkins also likes to push off and never EVER gets called for it. I don't know if you watched the highlights against the Bills, but he pushed Stephon Gilmore in the back pretty hard and turned to catch  the TD pass. Referee was right there and still didn't call anything while Gilmore was still struggling to stay on his feet.

Same thing happened to House all game long. The only nice catch Hopkins had was the sideline grab with one hand, but other than that he's a receiver that can't get separation without cheating. Everyone saw him push Revis to get "separation" and was able to get 10 extra steps on him because of it. 

I stopped watching videos online because it is impossible to make the volume loud enough on this computer. So no, I did not watch any Bills game highlights - or DeAndre Hopkins pushing off Darrelle Rivis either.

Hopkins is overrated, but we can save that topic for an AFC South thread.

Quote:I stopped watching videos online because it is impossible to make the volume loud enough on this computer. So no, I did not watch any Bills game highlights - or DeAndre Hopkins pushing off Darrelle Rivis either.

Hopkins is overrated, but we can save that topic for an AFC South thread.

He's legit.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2015, 10:16 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:He's legit.

That's what I thought when he burned Devon House all day. Now I am not sure if House is too slow or DeAndre Hopkins would do that to everybody without pushing off.

This is entirely untrue. Hopkins got most of his yards on Gratz IIRC.

Also Hopkins pushes off on like half his catches. It's stupid.

Quote:why is colvin better than House?
He's not IMO

Quote:He is much better covering the slot WR and blitzing the qb than he is playing on the outside
Agreed

Quote:why is colvin better than House?

House is targeted more often. That's usually a strong indication.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:House is targeted more often. That's usually a strong indication.
Thats because he is covering the other teams best WR

Is J Dub a real person?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Is J Dub a real person?

She knows her football

House is better in coverage at this moment. As previously stated Colvin plays his best at this point in blitz and nickel packages.

Quote:Top 10 CB with a pass rush
I want to like this 400 times. We need a pass rush for next year. BAD.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

He did not get burned all day by Hopkins.  Matter of fact, House broke up alot of passes thrown his way.  House shut down Hopkins in the first half.  To say House got burned all day is a total fabrication of the past.

The game winning TD that Hopkins caught was a blatant push off by Hopkins.  Also, Evans failed to move over as the FS in support over the top.

There was 1 amazing catch where House was in Hopkins pack pocket, that was thrown where only Hopkins could make the catch.

And there was Hopkin's first TD that I put on House.

So no, he didn't get burned all day long.  

Colvin's a good CB.  House is the better CB this year. 

Also, it was Gratz that was getting lit up by Decker all day long.  (Side note:  watching Gratz play gives 9 our 10 senior citizens Glaucoma)

Top 15 CB? Uh...man the overhyping here. He's good, but I don't think he's that good. Overall...there is a bit of an issue with our corners.

IMO:

Colvin - best run defender, blitzer, solid overall but not great at anything

House - good against deep ball, can be beat by quicker DBs underneath. Not a good tackler

Gratz - Probably our next best run defender, terribad at everything else

McCray - probably our worst run defender (IMO why he doesn't get the minutes), strictly man-cover guy. Struggles in zone.

Quote:He did not get burned all day by Hopkins. Matter of fact, House broke up alot of passes thrown his way. House shut down Hopkins in the first half. To say House got burned all day is a total fabrication of the past.

The game winning TD that Hopkins caught was a blatant push off by Hopkins. Also, Evans failed to move over as the FS in support over the top.

There was 1 amazing catch where House was in Hopkins pack pocket, that was thrown where only Hopkins could make the catch.

Colvin's a good CB. House is the better CB this year.

Also, it was Gratz that was getting lit up by Decker all day long. (Side note: watching Gratz play gives 9 our 10 senior citizens Glaucoma)

As bad as Gratz has been, it was Colvin who got taken to the woodshed against Decker.

Quote:On the other hand, nickel CB Aaron Colvin had a tough day. He was consistently put on Jets WR Eric Decker who was simply too big for Colvin to defend effectively, and that led to the Jets' first TD and a good chunk of Decker's yards.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2587625-biggest-takeaways-from-jacksonville-jaguars-week-9-loss/page/3'>http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2587625-biggest-takeaways-from-jacksonville-jaguars-week-9-loss/page/3</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2015, 12:40 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Quote:He did not get burned all day by Hopkins. Matter of fact, House broke up alot of passes thrown his way. House shut down Hopkins in the first half. To say House got burned all day is a total fabrication of the past.

The game winning TD that Hopkins caught was a blatant push off by Hopkins. Also, Evans failed to move over as the FS in support over the top.

Colvin's a good CB. House is the better CB this year.

Also, it was Gratz that was getting lit up by Decker all day long. (Side note: watching Gratz play gives 9 our 10 senior citizens Glaucoma)
This.

Anchorman and I tend to agree on most things.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:As bad as Gratz has been, it was Colvin who got taken to the woodshed against Decker.

Yeah. I know without even looking it up that I saw Colvin flat beat by Decker for two big gains in that game.  And there were likely more. 

Colvin's very good and I think he'll be an important part of the Jags D for years to come, but he's got plenty of room to improve and certainly some more consistency to achieve.