Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can we get Yeldon to 1k?

Have you crunched the numbers to see what 1,000 yards actually represents in today's NFL? That's an "average" of 62.5 yards per game. Average is right.................getting 1000 yards in today's NFL is not a major accomplishment at all folks. It's AVERAGE. Any NFL starter in the backfield ought to get at LEAST 1000 yards. If not, I debate he should be a starter at all. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Have you crunched the numbers to see what 1,000 yards actually represents in today's NFL? That's an "average" of 62.5 yards per game. Average is right.................getting 1000 yards in today's NFL is not a major accomplishment at all folks. It's AVERAGE. Any NFL starter in the backfield ought to get at LEAST 1000 yards. If not, I debate he should be a starter at all. 

Who do you want to start then? T.J. Yeldon is the best RB we have right now.

No, we can not.  Weldon's efforts coupled with that of the Offensive Line could, however; get him to "1k".

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

Quote:Who do you want to start then? T.J. Yeldon is the best RB we have right now.
Not saying he shouldn't start. Just saying it's not a huge accomplishment these days in the NFL to get a 1000 yards. Back in the old days when the season was MUCH shorter, it was a big deal. Not anymore. But yes given our current roster, Yeldon should be the starter. Our ENTIRE running back corp should be ashamed of themselves for the amount of TD's they have collectively produced. To me, that is what is most embarrassing. This team "started out" with a mindset of run and then open up the pass. That was quickly abandoned by the OC. Now, it's pass and maybe throw in a run ever now and then. The Patriots have a roster to get away with that kind of thinking, the JAGS do not. As for Yeldon, I'm sure he is just as frustrated as anyone else on that team about the lack of running production. Frankly, if the team loses Sunday and it should be "officially over" I'd like to see them put in Gerhart and "if" he produces..............maybe they can get some value in a trade but I don't see him there next year regardless so they might as well get some value out of him. After all, he is ONLY the HIGHEST PAID back on that team.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2015, 08:37 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Toby Gerhart is on IR.

If somehow he drops into the second round, I would not hesitate to pounce on Ezekiel Elliott.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2015, 08:59 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Quote:Have you crunched the numbers to see what 1,000 yards actually represents in today's NFL? That's an "average" of 62.5 yards per game. Average is right.................getting 1000 yards in today's NFL is not a major accomplishment at all folks. It's AVERAGE. Any NFL starter in the backfield ought to get at LEAST 1000 yards. If not, I debate he should be a starter at all.

So average that only 13 guys did it last year. Jamaal Charles barely hit 1k
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:So average that only 13 guys did it last year. Jamaal Charles barely hit 1K.

Didn't Jamaal Charles miss several games with injuries?

Quote:Didn't Jamaal Charles miss several games with injuries?

He missed 1. Forte barely got there and played all 16
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:He missed 1. Forte barely got there and played all 16

Now Matt Forte reportedly is on his way out of Chicago.

1K is a major accomplishment.

Quote:1K is a major accomplishment.

In receiving yards, not rushing.

Quote:So average that only 13 guys did it last year. Jamaal Charles barely hit 1k
Currently it looks as if about 9 guys will hit the 1k this season, which of course anything can happen with 4 games left. It was at 10 but Mark Ingram was just placed on IR.

AP and Doug Martin both are already over 1k

J.Stewart is at 914 so he should more than likely hit it this week.

Gurley is at 835 but has seemed to slow some as of late but he should easily hit it still.

L.Murrary is at 851 which should also be easy.

C.Ivory is at 813 but the jets have been looking at the other backs as of late.

L.McCoy is at 792 which puts him pretty close and possible, once an elite back.

D.Freeman is at 811 another player who has slowed, the concussion might be a reason?

T.Rawls is at 786 but remember he took over the job from Lynch, hes played very well.

These are the backs NFL.com believes will top 1k

Anyways I guess my sort answer is that 1k is still rare for a back these days.

Can anyone find average statistics beginning with the 16-game season and 12-team playoff format? Or even better, numbers dating from the year 2002?

Quote:In receiving yards, not rushing.

Yes in rushing.

The only area where it's really not too impressive is in yards from scrimmage or all purpose
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

If anything it's more impressive rushing than recieving...

There were 23 to go over 1k recieving yards last year
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Not with this OL.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Not with this OL.

This offensive line is EXACTLY why rushing over 1K would be an impressive feat.

Quote:Toby Gerhart is on IR.

If somehow he drops into the second round, I would not hesitate to pounce on Ezekiel Elliott.

Why do you want to "pounce" on Ezekiel Elliott?

What did he do to you?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Why do you want to "pounce" on Ezekiel Elliott?

What did he do to you?

Feline pun because we are Jaguars.

Quote:In receiving yards, not rushing.

Wrong again.