Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Update on Poz?

Quote:Injuries happen. We have very different definitions of "always hurt."

He's been a Jaguar for the past 5 seasons. He started all 16 games his first 2 years, 15 games in year 3, and last year had the injury that put him on the IR after 7 games. So, he missed 9 games last year. In 12 games this year, he's had 11 starts. Hardly "always hurt."

His injuries are only an issue inasmuch as they prevent the team from having his leadership on the field. He's still a tackling machine. The problem is, and always has been his coverage ability. It's not as bad as the message board GMs want to portray, but it's not much more than average at best. But, he's better than the alternative, so hopefully they club the hand and trot him out there.

Yea i agree, he's still better than anyone we trot out there even with one hand. The Titans really exposed him yesterday in the passing game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 04:35 PM by badger.)

Quote:Yea i agree, he's still better than anyone we trot out there even with one hand. The Titans really exposed him yesterday in the passing game.

they really exposed everybody yesterday.  but no, single out one of a few guys who is actually pretty good.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 04:38 PM by BklynJag.)

Quote:they really exposed everybody yesterday. but no, single out one of a few guys who is actually pretty good.

With Poz it was very obvious yesterday.

Quote:With Poz it was very obvious yesterday.

but nobody else? pay attention

Quote:With Poz it was very obvious yesterday.

Armbrister was considerably worse
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:but nobody else? pay attention

Did i say nobody else? This thread is about Poz. Pay attention.

Quote:I would be shocked if the Seahawks and/or Broncos let that happen.
I would as well

Quote:He's a great leader on the field and a very smart player. I hope he heals quickly.

That being said he's slow and terrible in coverage. He is part of the problem.

"Get Better Everyday"

Quote:Armbrister was considerably worse

Armbuster is poo on ice.  We're gonna really miss Poz out there, the dude was having a good year.  He's great against the run, and a great tackler.  He's hit or miss in the zone coverage we play.  But it's not like he get's burned on every pass play...  He had a couple good coverage tackles yesterday...  

Anyways, here's hoping he has a speedy recovery.  But if it's a broken bone, he's probably done for the year.  Plus we just picked up some skinny CB off the street that I guess played LB at some point in his life?  So we got that going for us.

Quote:Update on Poz. He isn't good anymore and needs to be replaced. Above average against the run, terrible liability in pass game. Notorious for arriving at the pile 3 seconds after receiver is on the ground.

You make laugh with a bunch of your post. Most of the time I am thinking the same things you say...however

Poz is ranked 6th in the NFL in tackles. I think he is doing just fine at MLB. I don't think a rookie will out play him at this point if you go looking in the draft. He still has a few years left.

He and Smith struggle in coverage but they tackle pretty dang good.

Maybe he can go with a club like JPP and the Giants and give it a go.

So many people hate on Poz but he's always doing his job at a high level, sure his age & injuries are a concern but other than Telvin Smith he's one of the best guys on the Defense side of the team.

On the plus side it's not like we can make it any easier to score on us anyway...
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:So many people hate on Poz but he's always doing his job at a high level, sure his age & injuries are a concern but other than Telvin Smith he's one of the best guys on the Defense side of the team.

He has dropped off quite a bit this season,he never was the best at coverage but he's getting flat out abused this year by opposing QBs. Need someone to take snaps from next year.

Quote:You make laugh with a bunch of your post. Most of the time I am thinking the same things you say...however

Poz is ranked 6th in the NFL in tackles. I think he is doing just fine at MLB. I don't think a rookie will out play him at this point if you go looking in the draft. He still has a few years left.

He and Smith struggle in coverage but they tackle pretty dang good.

At this point, how much worse can it get? Really? I'd rather have a rookie with a higher ceiling out there working through the growing pains that stick with a guy who you get the same thing from every week.

We have been getting torched by awful QB's all year so its not like it get really get any worse. A better pass rush will likely keep Poz from getting exposed for who he is, but we will see

Quote:At this point, how much worse can it get? Really? I'd rather have a rookie with a higher ceiling out there working through the growing pains that stick with a guy who you get the same thing from every week.

We have been getting torched by awful QB's all year so its not like it get really get any worse. A better pass rush will likely keep Poz from getting exposed for who he is, but we will see

Problem is well don't even have a rookie to put out there
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Problem is well don't even have a rookie to put out there

I meant going forward next yr. Not sure I'd overspend in FA in a LB though. Would rather overspend on linemen.

Quote:I meant going forward next yr. Not sure I'd overspend in FA in a LB though. Would rather overspend on linemen.

Maybe for Irvin, even though he's OLB not MLB
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:At this point, how much worse can it get? Really? I'd rather have a rookie with a higher ceiling out there working through the growing pains that stick with a guy who you get the same thing from every week.

I hear you stroudcrowd, but instead of sitting down a pretty good MLB, I would rather draft another LB to play along side of Poz and Smith.

Jaylon Smith