Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
3 Quarters of the season in what are the Jags top 5 needs?

HC

DC

DL

DL

OC

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Fowler and Marks will fix our pass rush

Thanks, but I'd prefer not rely on an unproven rookie and an aging vet coming off back-to-back season ending injuries.

D-Line early and often in the draft. Free Agency too.

DE

DE

DE

FS

SS

CB

ILB

OLB

HC

DC

Quote:Thanks, but I'd prefer not rely on an unproven rookie and an aging vet coming off back-to-back season ending injuries.

I hear exactly what you're saying, but I think we'd be reaching for somebody on the DL in the 1st round, at our pick. We wont be picking top 5, most likely not even top 10. That's how you end up with somebody like Alualu, over an Earl Thomas.

Quote:I hear exactly what you're saying, but I think we'd be reaching for somebody on the DL in the 1st round, at our pick. We wont be picking top 5, most likely not even top 10. That's how you end up with somebody like Alualu, over an Earl Thomas.

We will be top 10, and probably close to top 5 I'd assume.

1. OTTO - while LEO has been a sore spot this year, Fowler was already drafted to fill that spot. We could use depth behind him as I don't see Branch or Clemons on the roster next year. Hang onto Skuta for depth.

2. S - Keep in mind we do have Sample developing, but Cyp and Serg are not the answers, and Evans is at best depth.

3. Defensive Coordinator - seriously now

4. LT - It's great to have depth at this position, as not having a top backup has cost us seasons in the past. So let's make Joekel that backup and get a legit starting LT.

5. CB - I like House and Colvin, but you can never have enough good CBs.

Wildcards

Special Teams Coordinator

K - after today we need one at least for competition...I still think Myers has potential, but 5 missed PATs?

NT - Everyone seems to think Roy Miller is the GOAT... he's ok, but I believe there will be free agent upgrades out there.

C - Wiz was spotted receiving money from a Titans coach after the game... looks like the high snap was intentional.

We can use a true road grading C to team up with Cann, Linder, Parnell and a new LT so we can actually run block.

RB - Nothing against Yeldon, but he can use some help out there to spell him

'02

Quote:We will be top 10, and probably close to top 5 I'd assume.
Maybe, possibly, but I'm(all of us really) too used to this team screwing something up, some how. All 4 games are easily winnable and I wouldn't be surprised to see us go at least 2-2 in these last 4 games. At the same time, I don't think any of us would be surprised to see us go 0-4 either lol.

Quote:Thanks, but I'd prefer not rely on an unproven rookie and an aging vet coming off back-to-back season ending injuries.

No matter who we draft, they will be unproven...and a rookie.

Defense(DL, LB, S)

Center

Left tackle
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 08:47 AM by jagfanthrutherottenyears.)

This. 

When our passing game was horribad, Caldwell drafted a QB and two WRs with his first three picks and then grabbed another late. Oh yeah, and he grabbed some more WRs in 2015.

Right now, our pass rush is beyond horribad. And an old Marks and an unproven Fowler may or may not be the answer. I 150% expect Caldwell to go early and often on d-line in the draft with maybe some o-line and safety help in the 3rd/4th. Colvin and House are fine with improved pass rush, same for Cyp probably. The only place where he may deviate is if a stud MLB is available, otherwise, I expect them to wait another year on that.

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

Sign the best pass rusher in free agency, then get the highest available pass rusher in the draft.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 03:39 PM by rocdee.)

GM

HC

DC

OC

STC

Quote:GM

HC

DC

OC

STC

GM? My god you're an idiot

Caldwell is responsible for this mess we're in since he hired Gus.

not to mention his numerous FA and draft busts.

So what he may have hit on Bortles. even bum GMs hit the lotto once in a while

Quote:I like that CB from Florida.

I'm a Gator fan and I think Hargreaves is overrated. He's Vontae Davis, not Darrelle Revis. 

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I'm a Gator fan and I think Hargreaves is overrated. He's Vontae Davis, not Darrelle Revis. 
Vontae Davis started out inconsistent, but he has been darn good these past two years.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Pass rusher

Linebacker

Safety

Center

Kicker

Quote:Caldwell is responsible for this mess we're in since he hired Gus.

not to mention his numerous FA and draft busts.

So what he may have hit on Bortles. even bum GMs hit the lotto once in a while

He hit on pretty much the entire 2014 draft, not just Bortles. ARob, Linder, and Telvin are all pro bowl level players.

His free agents have been 50-50, but that's good for the NFL. Thomas and Parnell are big upgrades. Skuta and House are solid, Odrick is a slight upgrade although I personally think he was a mistake. Brown is not the answer at FS, but the answer wasn't available after McCourty decided to stay in NE, and Brown is very good on ST. His free agents also include Marks and Miller.

His biggest mistake was hiring Gus Bradley.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Vontae Davis started out inconsistent, but he has been darn good these past two years.

That's why I used him as an example. He's good, but he got torched by Antonio Brown last night. A Vontae Davis level CB is not a guy we should target with a high 1st round pick.

Beadles, Cyp, Gratz, Drob, Sanders, Gerhart.....the busts go on and on