Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles' best game.

Blake just put on a highlight reel for his next head and offensive coach. Also his mistakes can be corrected by the next guy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I feel bad for Bortles.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015, 05:21 PM by BritishJag.)

Quote:I feel bad for Bortles.
Meh, Bortles will still be here (along with a lot of the talented players like Robinson, Hurns, Telvin, Yeldon etc) when this mostly meaningless game is a long distant memory.

To me, this season was never about reaching the playoffs, or even a winning record. It's about Blake's development. He took a major step forward today.  This is the SECOND game this season he's thrown for 4 TDs or more. He was really good in the red zone today, and that was encouraging to see.

Quote:Great game, the future is looking bright. We need defensive players badly
Yup we have a bright future, our offense is stacked

We need one more player on the OL, glad we get Linder back, and we need some studs on defense and we are set

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I'm actually not that angry. Our defense stinks!!!! But Blake and the offense will be awesome going forward. This defense is what is it this year, they'll fix it next off season (hopefully).

He had a great game but the final 4th down play how do you not get the ball to the open guy someone had to be open with all the blitzers.

No Fun

Quote:To me, this season was never about reaching the playoffs, or even a winning record. It's about Blake's development. He took a major step forward today.  This is the SECOND game this season he's thrown for 4 TDs or more. He was really good in the red zone today, and that was encouraging to see.

Someone who gets it

Quote:I'm actually not that angry. Our defense stinks!!!! But Blake and the offense will be awesome going forward. This defense is what is it this year, they'll fix it next off season (hopefully).
The crazy thing about it, the passing game was basically two players:  Bortles and AR15.  Not much from Julius Thomas or Lee.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:The crazy thing about it, the passing game was basically two players:  Bortles and AR15.  Not much from Julius Thomas or Lee.

Plus one long run after the catch by Yeldon, seemed the tacks defense got totally gassed on that one.

Quote:The crazy thing about it, the passing game was basically two players:  Bortles and AR15.  Not much from Julius Thomas or Lee.
Yeldon had a great catch and run. Julius pulled in a TD too but yeah Robinson was on another level.

Quote:QB rating was 134.5 BTW. 

I assume that is the best rating of his career. Great game for him statistically.

Quote:This game, long term, will hopefully be way more than worth the loss. Awesome to see that kind of performance from the offense. 

Nothing is ever worth a loss. How can you be a fan of any team and think that?

Quote:God, what does it take for the Jaguars to draft a QB who can cover up the special teams, defense, and 5 other players on offense all in one game?

What in the world are you talking about? Blake Bortles threw for over 300 yards and 5 touchdowns. He did not turn the ball over. He spread the ball around to every eligible receiver. What is this about covering up five guys on offense? And he had absolutely nothing to do with Jason Myers missing two PAT attempts. Rashad Greene and Denard Robinson were fine on special teams, so they did not need to be "covered up." We just need to play better on defense and get a new kicker.

Quote:Blake just put on a highlight reel for his next head and offensive coach. Also his mistakes can be corrected by the next guy.

You are not making any sense either. Blake already is correcting his mistakes with the current coaching staff. Also, there is no reason to think we are getting a new head coach after Shad Khan said Gus Bradley's job is not in jeopardy.

He just has to build on it now. The titans d is trash but I thought he made some great decisions in the red zone

Quote:Not good enough
Your username is def fitting

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

Quote:That wasn't an errant pass, Julius Thomas fell down, and he was going to Thomas. Was his best game statistically by far, but watching him fold against the blitz on that last fourth down was sad.
if you look at the replay on that fourth were he got sacked you'll see that all the receivers were covered and he had no where to go

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:Nothing is ever worth a loss. How can you be a fan of any team and think that?

I'm on to you.

Quote:if you look at the replay on that fourth were he got sacked you'll see that all the receivers were covered and he had no where to go
The ones complaining about him not just chucking it up, would be the same ones complaining if he did and got picked.

Quote:He had a great game but the final 4th down play how do you not get the ball to the open guy someone had to be open with all the blitzers.
It seemed like all the routes were too deep down the field, from the replay at the end of the game it seemed like they were 10+ yard routes instead of just getting what was needed for the first

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:Blake just put on a highlight reel for his next head and offensive coach. Also his mistakes can be corrected by the next guy.

Good post, so true. I would actually be okay with Jags losing out to get some players for next year. I am so excited for the future of this offense.

Quote:It seemed like all the routes were too deep down the field, from the replay at the end of the game it seemed like they were 10+ yard routes instead of just getting what was needed for the first

On that drive the most important thing was getting as many yards as possible. It was after the two minute warning and we had no timeouts. So just enough to get the first down would have been totally useless.