Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How many wins does Gus need?

Quote:We need a coach with hair.

and one that doesn't say " youknow' ..80 times a minute.

And can pronounce " Jag-wire " correctly.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

At least 6, id say 7

Quote:You...

Are...

Wrong...

Shad Khan is the one who said it, so I can't be wrong.

Quote:Shad Khan is the one who said it, so I can't be wrong.

Please link to him guaranteeing Gus his job next year.

I dont believe Gus is going to be fired.

Quote:I really don't get the whole " at least the games are close" thing.

1. We lost

2. NFL teams don't get blown out every single game, regardless if you're in a rebuild.
When Bradley first came in 2013, we were regularly being blown out by 25+ points. It was embarrassing from what I can remember.

Gus Bradley is 11-32, the only other coaches in NFL history with the same or worse records in as many or more games are:

Steve Spagnuolo (‘09-11) - 10 wins

Rod Marinelli  (‘06-08) – 10 wins

Bert Bell (‘36-41) – 10 wins

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/

For me personally, no record saves Gus's job.  He doesn't pass the eye test and the stats and weekly performance back up his inadequate ability as a HC.  He's not just bad, he's historically bad.  I could care less about a few wins down the stretch against teams that are jockeying for better draft position.

Nice guy, bad coach, time to move on!

Quote:Gus Bradley is 11-32, the only other coaches in NFL history with the same or worse records in as many or more games are:

Steve Spagnuolo (‘09-11) - 10 wins

Rod Marinelli  (‘06-08) – 10 wins

Bert Bell (‘36-41) – 10 wins

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/

For me personally, no record saves Gus's job.  He doesn't pass the eye test and the stats and weekly performance back up his inadequate ability as a HC.  He's not just bad, he's historically bad.  I could care less about a few wins down the stretch against teams that are jockeying for better draft position.

Nice guy, bad coach, time to move on!

I wish I could disagree with this, but I can't.

It pretty much sums up the way it is with Gus as the Jags HC.

Gus just might be too nice a guy to be a successful HC in the NFL, or at least for a very young team.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

he needs to stop 'respecting' teams and players..and start disrespecting.

Maybe will go .500 next season. And in 2018 finally become a complete team with divisional aspersions under Gus.

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2015, 09:39 PM by Atreas.)

A real business you don't do your job, your fired from said job. In the NFL you get a bigger salary and another year.

Are you guys honestly surprised by the outcome today? You could see this loss coming from a mile away. Rivers always shreds us and he is still a great QB. He's easily the best QB that was left on our schedule. Maybe you could argue for Brees, but he's struggling some this season. Part of it is because his Defense is god awful, but part of it is because the Saints traded away some of his weapons.

Sweeping the remaining Division games isn't out of the question. Either is losing each one lol. The Falcons and Saints games should be the biggest worry. Brees is still a top notch QB and we've been shredded in the passing game all year long. I don't think there's a single person in the world, who thinks we'll be able to contain Julio Jones in that Falcons game.

Luckily, both of their Defenses are worse than the Chargers. It's still going to come down to whether we have any glimpse of a pass rush or not. Like usual.

I'm definitely glad they finally decided to make Chris Smith active. I noticed him a few times today, and not because of stupid offside penalties...

Quote:He could win 0 games. He's not going anywhere for the next couple of seasons, per shad khan.

Yeah someone was told when we played in London he gets next year, but things change and hopefully they see a change is needed.

No Fun

6 minimum

Anything less and he "should" be gone, not saying he will

At least with Weaver we won games...

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:Please link to him guaranteeing Gus his job next year.

Ian Rapoport – Verified account ‏@RapSheet

As the #Jaguars kickoff against the #Bills, I’m told coach Gus Bradley is considered safe this year AND next year. Team understands patience

Quote:Ian Rapoport – Verified account ‏@RapSheet

As the #Jaguars kickoff against the #Bills, I’m told coach Gus Bradley is considered safe this year AND next year. Team understands patience
Yeah there is is. https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/658276246556692480

No Fun

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2015, 10:28 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:When Bradley first came in 2013, we were regularly being blown out by 25+ points. It was embarrassing from what I can remember.

It's like I'm dealing with a bunch of kindergartners.  The reason we are close now is not because of Bradley.  It's because of Caldwell.  The talent level has improved so much that we are too good in terms of players to be getting blown out.

The reason we lose games we should be winning is because our coach stinks.

It doesn't matter whether or not we run off a lucky string and win 6 or 7 games.  The fact still remains, Bradley is a liability.  He's not an asset to this team.

Quote:Remember when you told me I was wrong and that the Jags were wearing all gold helmets on Thursday Night Football? I dont know a lot about you but I know you're 0/1 on your statements that I have paid attention too. I am going to start keeping a record on you

Yea because that's not creepy...

Quote:Just five games left now and I think our slim chances of making the playoffs have just about gone. But those five games could be crucial for Gus Bradley's future as HC.

A four-win season probably won't be enough to save him. But how many more games does he need to win to keep his job now?

I think he probably only needs one more, to be given the benefit of the doubt by a very forgiving owner.
I agree that one more would get him that last year. 3+ would probably get him an extension.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.