Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I went back and watched the Titans game

Quote:The team thought they did that with Beadles and now Parnell.

I never understood what Beadles did to warrant overspending on him. Being a product of a Peyton Manning offensive line isn't enough these days. Maybe we get Mack this time.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I would like to see a shovel pass on the goal line. I wonder why this hasn't been in the playbook?

Also found out Smith is the 2nd fastest LB in the NFL.
Shovel passes rely on the linebackers being drawn into deep coverage by the tight ends and slot receiver. Can't have deep coverage with only a field that's only 12 yards deep.

Alex Mack could be an option.  I wonder if Bowanko with another year in the strength program might be ready. 

Quote:Shovel passes rely on the linebackers being drawn into deep coverage by the tight ends and slot receiver. Can't have deep coverage with only a field that's only 12 yards deep.

Not true.

All the back needs is a step and get the line to move.

Alex Mack needs to be a jaguar next year. Draft some depth for the OL in the mid-late rounds.

Defensive difference makers in rounds 1&2.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Alex Mack needs to be a jaguar next year. Draft some depth for the OL in the mid-late rounds.

Defensive difference makers in rounds 1&2.

I agree.

Would love a shut down CB in round 1. Then FS in round 2

Quote:Not true.

All the back needs is a step and get the line to move.
That's true for every play, but a shovel pass (or any screen pass for that matter) but the way a shovel pass works requires the linebackers to be at a distance that allows the line to get off the D-line and onto the second level. In a goalline situation there's any room for that, allowing the LB's come into backfield much more easily and disrupt the play. 

Quote:Yeah, only they were wrong about Beadles.

As for Wiz, there may be a point that the interior OL does not seem to dominate in the run game. If there's a true road grader out there we know is an upgrade, I don't mind upgrading any position, but I'm just saying WIz overall is a pretty darn good Center in this league.
You can also hear him making majority of the line calls as well as correcting Bortles if he calls out the wrong person.

Bowanko is a 6'6 310 big guy.  I am hoping he can develop this year behind Wiz, and take over next year.

Quote:Bowanko is a 6'6 310 big guy.  I am hoping he can develop this year behind Wiz, and take over next year.

That's awfully tall for a Center. I'm hoping to hear word that he's developing well at OT.

'02

Quote:I agree.

Would love a shut down CB in round 1. Then FS in round 2

There are no shutdown corners at 32.

Quote:I was thinking about our opening game with the Panthers while watching them dismantle the Cowboys. I have to give credit to our offense, they are further along than I thought they would be this year.

One of the commentators Thursday was saying how pedestrian the football is this year. And no kidding about the product on the field being very average. That is why it makes no sense for so called analysts and experts to trash the AFC South.

I guess the ridiculous amount of injuries this season has effected the leagues overall play.
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2015, 07:13 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Quote:I would like to see a shovel pass on the goal line. I wonder why this hasn't been in the playbook?

Also found out Smith is the 2nd fastest LB in the NFL.
I have been thinking this same thing.   I think they got to let bortles use his legs.  Use the sideline and either run it in or pass on the move.  That power formation does not work

A shovel pass can also be effection.  A crazy idea is letting Yeldon run it in the redzone.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Alex Mack could be an option.  I wonder if Bowanko with another year in the strength program might be ready. 

Bowanko is probably already physically superior to Wiz, the staff said they gave Wiz the edge primarily due to experience.  I think Bo will probably be our starter next year (assuming no unexpected FA or draft acquisition this off-season).

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:That's awfully tall for a Center. I'm hoping to hear word that he's developing well at OT.
I don't know how Bowanko has looked at OT but I'm curious if he might develop into the eventual replacement for Jeremy Parnell. Just a thought

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:I don't know how Bowanko has looked at OT but I'm curious if he might develop into the eventual replacement for Jeremy Parnell. Just a thought

Parnell is a decent RT. Good in run blocking. Average in Pass Pro.

Quote:Parnell is a decent RT. Good in run blocking. Average in Pass Pro.
I agree. He's also 29 so I imagine he's not going to be with the team for many more years. If Bowanko could be his replacement it would be nice.

Quote:I agree. He's also 29 so I imagine he's not going to be with the team for many more years. If Bowanko could be his replacement it would be nice.

Wasn't his contract 5 years?

And this is his 1st year

Quote:Wasn't his contract 5 years?

And this is his 1st year

I understand that. I also understand that if after two or three seasons Parnell's production falls off the team will replace him.

It's obviously not a pressing need but having a capable guy waiting to replace the starter is what good teams do.

Quote:I guess the ridiculous amount of injuries this season has effected the leagues overall play.
That is recency bias.  Every year there are rashes and bunches of injuries.  Look at the play and it is down everywhere.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.