Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags playing Colts in London in 2016

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2015, 11:32 AM by SpeedyG.)

Official announcement is out. What surprised me is that this is week 4 game. We've always had week 8 in London since it coincides with FLA/GA game, but they have Bengals in London. Looks like we'll be away week 8  then.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hate that they lose and home field advantage they have when they go to London.  Now its to a division rival

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

The worst part about this is the wk. 5 bye.

Wow. Also looking at our home opponents next year... Sheesh.

Quote:We care, but I and the rest of us also really appreciate the sacrifice you fellas make each year in giving up a game (and a big one at that).

I understand that Jaguar fans in the UK do, but are there enough Jaguar fans in the UK to make a difference?  I know they fill the stadium, but whenever they show it I see lots of other teams jerseys, not Jaguars.

I think its great that they are building the fan base over there and for fans like yourself, a Colts game is phenomenal, I just question how the NFL is approaching how they are selecting teams.

We have experience playing over there now, and they dont. That's all I have.

Quote:I understand that Jaguar fans in the UK do, but are there enough Jaguar fans in the UK to make a difference?  I know they fill the stadium, but whenever they show it I see lots of other teams jerseys, not Jaguars.

I think its great that they are building the fan base over there and for fans like yourself, a Colts game is phenomenal, I just question how the NFL is approaching how they are selecting teams.

Certainly not enough Jaguars fans alone, but those other jerseys you see are just as fanatical about the NFL as any other fan, and a great deal of them have bought into the Jags as their 'second' team. Those people wear the colours of their team but offer vocal support for the Jags and buy Jags merchandise. Since I've started Union Jax two and a half years ago I've seen the core of hardened Jags grow at an incredible rate. Scant consolation to you guys I know, but the plan is working and this game does stabilise the franchise in Jax long term.

Again, thanks to you all for giving us this one. Know it's a tough one to give up - we will try and do you proud.

Games in UK are comical.  The fans in the stadium are wearing apparel from other 30 NFL teams.  What a joke.

Quote:The worst part about this is the wk. 5 bye.

Gus has a winning record after the bye week. Make the bye week 2 lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Games in UK are comical. The fans in the stadium are wearing apparel from other 30 NFL teams. What a joke.

Who cares?

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2015, 01:16 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Curious if they raise ticket prices this year. They seem to be walking a fine line.

This also makes you wonder what is next. 

Quote:Curious if they raise ticket prices this year. They seem to be walking a fine line.

Alistair Kirkwood (head of NFLUK) stated that from 2017 there will be a minimum of 4 games in the UK. Will also be interesting to see how the Twickenham game sells.

Quote:Curious if they raise ticket prices this year. They seem to be walking a fine line.

A division game was always likely to be played - considering this is the fourth year of the Jags playing in London. The Texans and Titans probably have the smallest fanbases in Europe (Fairly new franchises, no real great history or great teams in the past.) so bringing over the Colts is the best move. Luck hosted a passing camp here in the UK in the offseason and lived in London during his childhood so they can talk about that prior to the game to hype it up like they did with Jay Ajayi for the Dolphins, Menelik Watson for the Raiders and Lawrence Okoye for the 49ers.

Quote:A division game was always likely to be played - considering this is the fourth year of the Jags playing in London. The Texans and Titans probably have the smallest fanbases in Europe (Fairly new franchises, no real great history or great teams in the past.) so bringing over the Colts is the best move. Luck hosted a passing camp here in the UK in the offseason and lived in London during his childhood so they can talk about that prior to the game to hype it up like they did with Jay Ajayi for the Dolphins, Menelik Watson for the Raiders and Lawrence Okoye for the 49ers.

Titans are not even close to a new franchise.  

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Titans are not even close to a new franchise.  
If you go back to the Oilers days, sure but they played in Houston and had a completely different name. They never won a Superbowl and have never been a great team so never built up a fan base here like say the Bears, 49ers or any other team like that.

This is only directed at non season ticket holders. Don't be upset they are taking away a home divisional game. Where were you on Thursday night? There were a lot of empty seats.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2015, 01:56 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:This is only directed at non season ticket holders. Don't be upset they are taking away a home divisional game. Where were you on Thursday night? There were a lot of empty seats.

That is the thing. I have been a season ticket holder since inception and I realized Thursday I can get tickets to the games I want to go to without committing to season tickets and end up saving a ton of money. I don't appreciate them taking away a divisional home game.

Edit: It is also odd that I see a lot of the same faces just in my section from the last decade. Where is this so-called generation Jaguar? Sitting home watching on TV?

I had to make a choice between season tickets and a boat.... I chose the boat.... Get over it

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:This is only directed at non season ticket holders. Don't be upset they are taking away a home divisional game. Where were you on Thursday night? There were a lot of empty seats.
Who plays who in the UK doesn't effect us for those who prefer to watch games on TV. I like watching on my comfortable couch, and lower priced foods and drinks from Wallyworld, my free parking in my driveway.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2015, 02:32 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:Who plays who in the UK doesn't effect us for those who prefer to watch games on TV. I like watching on my comfortable couch, and lower priced foods and drinks from Wallyworld, my free parking in my driveway.

You are entitled to your opinion, but just because you are a cheapskate doesn't mean you need to bag on those who aren't.

"My living room with 60" tv, comfortable couch, roof over my head, climate controlled, cheaper food and drinks, no annoying people to repeatedly walk in front of me so they can go to the concession stand to buy food and drinks."

Do you also spin your kids in the office chair and tell them the Disney World Tea Cups are overrated?