Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Boselli is semifinalist for Pro Football Hall of Fame

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2015, 10:14 AM by HolsterHusto.)

Quote:He would get in as a Ram.

13) Torry Holt, WR -- St. Louis Rams, Jacksonville Jaguars (times as a semifinalist: 2)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...2016-class

Are you ever tired of being wrong?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Boselli and Searcy had that nasty streak that has been missing from our tackles since...um...Boselli and Searcy.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:He would get in as a Ram.

Boselli has said he'll represent the Texans in the HoF if he makes it.

Quote:Tony Boselli has been a semifinalist before. I can't wait to finally see a Jaguars player make it in and he should be the first.
3) Tony Boselli, T -- Jacksonville Jaguars, Houston Texans (times as a semifinalist: 1)

This is the farthest he's ever gotten in the selection process.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Boselli and Searcy had that nasty streak that has been missing from our tackles since...um...Boselli and Searcy.

Just think how awesome our offense would be if we had those two.  We need better players!

He wont get in any time soon because he played in Jacksonville

Quote:He wont get in any time soon because he played in Jacksonville

Sad but probably true.

But if there is one player who gives a bit of hope, it's Dwight Stephenson. 8 year career as a Center (where longevity is typically very important in the selection process). 114 games played but only 87 started. Only a full-time starter for 6 seasons, with only 9 games played in two of those years. Boselli played in 91 but started 90. He started from day one.

And of course, it's not like Stephenson has a Super Bowl on his resume. Great player, but playing in Miami with Marino definitely helped his cause.

Really excited! He may not make it in, but this is the farthest a Jaguar has gotten in the selection process. That alone makes me very, very happy.

Quote:Boselli and Searcy had that nasty streak that has been missing from our tackles since...um...Boselli and Searcy.

Not true. We've had some guys with nasty streak. They just lack the talent to combine that with.

Quote:Not true. We've had some guys with nasty streak. They just lack the talent to combine that with.

And they were?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Vote Boselli here: http://www.nfl.com/hofvote

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:And they were?

Khalif Barnes.

Quote:Who recalls the game we played against Miami where Jason Taylor was one of the best pass rushers in the league. Tony made him look like Branch. They were squawking the entire game and it was pretty much the storyline of the game, but Tony dominated him the entire game. Awesome.

I seem to recall him running down another player after an interception, and I was shocked by his speed given his size.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:He wont get in any time soon because he played in Jacksonville

Don't underestimate the power of bleeding heart journalists, who make up the Board of Selectors.

That may be precisely why he gets in.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I seem to recall him running down another player after an interception, and I was shocked by his speed given his size.

I think that was in the playoffs. It saved a TD

I think he has a chance due to the way tackle play seems to have gone as of late. Very few dominant tackles around these days, I think that will aid his path to the Hall.

He will get in one day. I dont think it will be this time.

Just looked at the other names on the list,pretty tough competition.

Quote:13) Torry Holt, WR -- St. Louis Rams, Jacksonville Jaguars (times as a semifinalist: 2)

Are you ever tired of being wrong?

If they always went by which team a player was on last, Tony Boselli would get in as a Texan. Think about that for a minute.

Quote:Me.

He made Bruce Smith look like a 7th round rookie.
This is why he will get in.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana