Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trap game

When I first read the thread title, I thought this was about Justin Blackmon.  :teehee:

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:[Image: 44878-Its-a-Chinese-finger-trap--Pan-NVs1.png]

teams that can barely squeak out 4 wins don't qualify for this scenario and no one is taking Rivers lightly
Your text is hurting my eyes

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news.../76215842/

BIg John Henderson using his head, not in a good way..

Quote:Twap Game

Ha!

Boobie Twap....dat's what I said....A boobie twap.

You guys are all correct. I guess I'm looking at it as we are 1 game out and I don't like how the 1010 crew is assuming we're going win against the Chargers and then the real test comes in Tennessee.

It wubbed me the wong way.

Quote:And the Titans are not good enough to give us trap games before we go to Nashville.

Jags are more talented team. But, did you not see how close that game was until very late? Tenn had the ball with a slight chance to win it at the end. It was alot closer than many would like.

The Jags should win in TENN,, but it's at their place, and if it's close like last time, who knows?

Quote:Specifically a trap game is when that happens before an important game against a winning team. Green Bay's home loss to Detroit was like a trap game because the next week the Packers traveled to Minnesota.

There's no such thing as a trap game when you have a two game losing streak going into the game.

Quote:There's no such thing as a trap game when you have a two game losing streak going into the game.

That is why I said like a trap game.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2015, 03:03 AM by Dockerill91.)

Quote:When you're 4-6 and in sole possession of third place in the worst division in football, there's no such thing as a "trap game". There are only, "Yeah, these guys are as bad as we thought they were," games and, "Oh, hey, maybe they're slightly less awful than we had them figured for," games.

Haha this!

One thing is for certain to me: Philip Rivers will throw for over 400 yards against us. He is very accurate and gets rid of the ball very quickly. Those types of QBs eat us alive.

Quote:When you're 4-6 and in sole possession of third place in the worst division in football, there's no such thing as a "trap game". There are only, "Yeah, these guys are as bad as we thought they were," games and, "Oh, hey, maybe they're slightly less awful than we had them figured for," games.

Close the thread.

Bender wins this!!!

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Actually, we're tied with the NFC East for "worst division in football."  

It's not a trap game if you expect to lose.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:One thing is for certain to me: Philip Rivers will throw for over 400 yards against us. He is very accurate and gets rid of the ball very quickly. Those types of QBs eat us alive.

Really?  400?  As bad as the pass defense has been, nobody has gotten close to 400.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

What exactly is trapping us?

Are we looking ahead to TN already?

We're just gonna skim over this top tier QB and all the offensive weapons around him waiting to be unleashed after being bottled up for 3?

hahaha this board never fails to give a laugh or two throughout the day.

Quote:Really?  400?  As bad as the pass defense has been, nobody has gotten close to 400.

Also in the two games since Keenan Allen was put on IR, River has 450 total passing yards and 1 TD.

;

;

Chargers look bad and their adjusting to time zone.  We win this big, our first convincing win this season, a beat down.  42-13.  Jaguars.

Quote:When's the last time this team legitimately walked into a trap game? Lord knows I can't remember. I assume we would have to go back to 07?
I remember in 05, the year we lost to the patriots in the wildcard, a Rams team beat us with Holt, Bruce, and Bulger out with injuries.

That's the only one I can think of.

Quote:I remember in 05, the year we lost to the patriots in the wildcard, a Rams team beat us with Holt, Bruce, and Bulger out with injuries.

That's the only one I can think of.

JDR had plenty of those types of games.

;

;

Quote:Chargers look bad and their adjusting to time zone.  We win this big, our first convincing win this season, a beat down.  42-13.  Jaguars.
I hope so, I think we are due a big win 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:When I first read the thread title, I thought this was about Justin Blackmon.  :teehee:

I guess I can see why you would think that...

The Jacksonville Patriots playing the San Diego Titans....that's a possible trap game.

The Jacksonville Jaguars playing the San Diego Chargers...not so much.