Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chargers Talk

Yes, their DL may not be looking to good this year....but they haven't faced Joeckel yet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A few interesting blurbs and links on the SD situation here:

Quote:According to The Detroit Free Press, at 2-8 the San Diego Chargers would hold the No. 2 overall pick in the 2016 draft if the season ended today. The Cleveland Browns would own the top pick. 

In this ESPN Insider piece, Ohio State defensive end Joey Bosa is No. 1 on ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr.’s big board, followed by Memphis QB Paxton Lynch and Mississippi defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche

According to early lines, the Chargers are 4-point underdogs on the road this week against the Jacksonville Jaguars

My take: The Chargers need defensive line help in the interior and on the edge, so both Bosa and Nkemdiche would help. 

Kevin Acee of The San Diego Union-Tribune writes that it’s time for the Chargers to fire head coach Mike McCoy. 

Acee: “McCoy can’t be the coach of the Chargers for more than three days in 2016. When the season ends in Denver on Jan. 3, he should be allowed to make the return flight and then be relieved of his duties. No further evaluation is required. It doesn’t matter what John Spanos and Tom Telesco think they might know that we might not.” 

My take: The only question that seems to remain is if McCoy will get six more weeks to prove he can turn things around, or perhaps the organization gets a head start on the coaching search by making a decision earlier. 

Kiernan Hogan of Pro Football Focus writes that Jeremiah AttaochuDenzel Perryman and Melvin Ingram were San Diego’s top performers from the Chiefs-Chargers game. 

My take: Hogan points out the offensive line struggled both in the run game and in pass protection, even with four of the five starters from the opening weekend of the regular season back in the lineup.

^ Eric Williams ESPN

Wasn't McCoy at the top of a few HC wish lists around here 3 years ago?   Hmm.......

Quote:Yes, their DL may not be looking to good this year....but they haven't faced Joeckel yet.

Come on now, place blame where it's really due. Beadles.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Man, it'd be nice for Bortles to have more than a few seconds to set, make his reads, and throw the ball, but if we can make a few actual holes for Yeldon to run through, then this might be the first truly fun game of the year.

Quote:A few interesting blurbs and links on the SD situation here:

^ Eric Williams ESPN

Wasn't McCoy at the top of a few HC wish lists around here 3 years ago? Hmm.......

Well I know one ex-poster that thought pretty highly of him. Smile
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Wasn't McCoy at the top of a few HC wish lists around here 3 years ago?   Hmm.......

So was Gus Bradley.

For that matter, so was Skip Kelly. Anyone happen to notice his team against the Bucs yesterday?

'02

When was the last time the Jags were a 4 point favorite?

Does anybody know?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:So was Gus Bradley.

For that matter, so was Skip Kelly. Anyone happen to notice his team against the Bucs yesterday?
Skip Kelly is worse than Gus. He's created his own misery where as Gus was hired into a miserable situation. I think they're moving in different directions!

Damn Skippy!

Quote:When was the last time the Jags were a 4 point favorite?

Does anybody know?

Tennessee last December
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:So was Gus Bradley.

Chip kelly will probably be hitting the unemployment line.  He made a ton of stupid moves before the season even started.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Pains me to leave the Jaguars out of my weekly accumulaters but once bitten twice shy and all that jazz.

Quote:How could we be worse than Oakland, who is in their division?

Cleveland? Cincinnati? Philly? Detroit? Atlanta? St. Louis?

I'm being very generous to other cities here......
The media hates us because we are a small market area. If we were the only team in the state (like the tacks, for instance) things would be different; as it is, our viewership is split with the 'phins, and bucs fans. If the moon and stars ever align just right for us, and we (drum roll please) win a super bowl... then things may be different. As it is, we're perceived as the poor redheaded stepchild in Florida.

As far as the city itself is concerned, J'ville has it's good points and bad points, just like any city. I think the bad vibes about J'ville has more to do with market size than any thing else.

Quote:The media hates us because we are a small market area. If we were the only team in the state (like the tacks, for instance) things would be different; as it is, our viewership is split with the 'phins, and bucs fans. If the moon and stars ever align just right for us, and we (drum roll please) win a super bowl... then things may be different. As it is, we're perceived as the poor redheaded stepchild in Florida.

As far as the city itself is concerned, J'ville has it's good points and bad points, just like any city. I think the bad vibes about J'ville has more to do with market size than any thing else.

Well, there's also the bugs and humidity, but who's counting?

'02

I live in San Diego and while idk what is wrong with some of the sports writers (terrible here) I think most of the fans here really relate to Jax. The whole small market, underdog, no national respect, trouble with attendance at times and in-state competition for fans is something the two cities have in common (SD also has it with the Pads).

I know a lot of Chargers fans around here seem to be a little fond of the Jags for those reasons, usually like to see them do well and have a positive opinion of Bortles. The underdogs like the underdogs.

Quote:These links are from the San Diego fishwrap.

Love the dig at the end of the report card. [/s]

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news...-card-nfl/

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news...l-week-11/

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news...-analysis/

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news...ers-gates/

This appears to be a team that has at least come close to hitting rock bottom.

Let's give them one more loss to ensure they get there.

The Chargers have lost all their engery ever since they treated Marty wrong...

Quote:Well, there's also the bugs and humidity, but who's counting?
Yup... there's plenty of other stuff too. But other cities have their issues also.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2015, 07:22 AM by BritJag.)

Quote:Well, there's also the bugs and humidity, but who's counting?

You

Bugs?  In a swamp?  How unexpected.  Also, not as humid relative to its geography...

it's, its, edit.

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Man, it'd be nice for Bortles to have more than a few seconds to set, make his reads, and throw the ball, but if we can make a few actual holes for Yeldon to run through, then this might be the first truly fun game of the year.

If fun means a pull away victory then we can hope together.  As stated, we aren't there yet mate

I expect a professional, mature, prideful Chargers team to scare the Jags as much as they can

I expect the talent and more immediate purpose of the Jags to conjure enough to knock off a crumbling bolt squad on home soil

I expect mistakes, par for Jags' course; young, maturing...

But Jags should be able to fend off being reduced to yeah buts, yet again

Otherwise, well, yeah but...

Here's hoping

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:The Chargers have lost all their engery ever since they treated Marty wrong...

How you could ever fire a coach coming off of a 14-2 record I'll never understand. The Chargers definitely deserve their return to mediocrity.