Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How come we never wear the teal jerseys?

Teal on black was always, and will always be the best.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Teal on black was always, and will always be the best.
Amen.

Thats what I think should be our primary not our alternate

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

Everybody that's a season ticket holder......end of year survey lets let them know.

Bring back the teal!

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Make of this what you will:

I was at an event today where the Jags merchandise truck was. Got speaking to the guy running it who works full time for the Jags over in the UK. I mentioned the lack of teal, he said Khan isn't a fan of the teal

I like orange.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:WOW.

Just......you have to put 'just' first

I liked the white gear. It kind of made them seem faster and other people have said they play fast already so lets be quicker and get to winning sooner. The black gear looked really good but change the white socks. Why didn't they have black socks too.

Quote:I liked the white gear. It kind of made them seem faster and other people have said they play fast already so lets be quicker and get to winning sooner. The black gear looked really good but change the white socks. Why didn't they have black socks too.

I prefer teal socks with gold trimmings...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

well....if the 'stache isn't a fan, that pretty much does it

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:I can't remember the last time we wore them. Teal used to be such a huge part and it seems like its being fazed out 
because they are all wearing the teal goggles.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2015, 09:42 PM by Predator_NFLFans.)

I'm sure if this new gold jersey sells well, the teal jersey will never be seen again
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Make of this what you will:

I was at an event today where the Jags merchandise truck was. Got speaking to the guy running it who works full time for the Jags over in the UK. I mentioned the lack of teal, he said Khan isn't a fan of the teal

I do recall Khan stating early on when he took over that he did like the black look. The Jaguars had a chance to wear their primary colors in Tampa Bay and in London, and in both cases it was a black jersey with teal sleeves. We'll probably see that jersey at home games from here on aside from the gold alternate in the prime time Thursday night game vs the Titans when Rashaad Greene finally returns. In past years the alternate was black, but since they're going black as their primary color this year they opted for the yellow-gold alternate.

'02

We have gold alternatives? Never knew. Lemme see please.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

I love the jerseys but hate the helmets

Agreed. I miss the teal. Black is so bland and boring, I'm not sure how I feel about the gold Uni's really I mean Ive only seen the small teases but it comes off very yellow to me which isnt good....IMO anyways.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2015, 10:14 AM by StitchJones.)

Quote:Its a small gripe, but I really do dislike our uniforms as a whole. The helmets are bad and teal was a much better, more unique primary color imo. What other teams use black as a primary in the jersey? Quite a few. Teal? We were it. 
Our helmets look like they were painted with flat black primer and then started to be painted gold...but ran out of paint! Our uniforms just look unimaginative and are a very weak attempt at trying to look 'ghetto'. All they succeed in doing is confusing everyone as to the identity of this team. We had the unique look of teal that set us apart from everyone else. I think the majority of the fans supported the teal look much more than this 'hack' attempt at a new look for the team. 

Seriously, we had a nice looking uniform with the teal look. If it ain't broke... don't fix it!!!

Is there anyone that actually likes the current helmets? I dont think I have ever read or heard anyone say anything but disdain for them.

Quote:Is there anyone that actually likes the current helmets? I dont think I have ever read or heard anyone say anything but disdain for them.

Some will say they do. But I think they would probably like them no matter what. They are atrocious.

Quote:Is there anyone that actually likes the current helmets? I dont think I have ever read or heard anyone say anything but disdain for them.
Just a horrible design and concept. Makes us look very amateurish. I don't hate the rest of the uniform, but I wish we could back to the 2007 uniforms. Everything about that uniform was perfection, and I loved the crawling jaguar on the sleeves. Plus, probably the sweetest numerals in the NFL.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Our helmets look like they were painted with flat black primer and then started to be painted gold...but ran out of paint! Our uniforms just look unimaginative and are a very weak attempt at trying to look 'ghetto'. All they succeed in doing is confusing everyone as to the identity of this team. We had the unique look of teal that set us apart from everyone else. I think the majority of the fans supported the teal look much more than this 'hack' attempt at a new look for the team. 

Seriously, we had a nice looking uniform with the teal look. If it ain't broke... don't fix it!!!
Yea, I honestly would be OK with the jerseys if they were teal, but I got this impression the first time I saw them.. Its a mind [BLEEP] of all the colors slammed into a jersey. I cringe to this day when I look at any of the sleeves on the jerseys lol. I also have a serious bias, as teal is my favorite color. So it was awesome my team wore it. I guess there is always Madden to go relive our old teal unis.