Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CBS New York: Young Guns including Bortles are the next Anointed Phenoms

Quote:I'm fairly certain it's almost the exact opposite reality.

Quote:Jags fans wait 15 years for a good quarterback, but don't realize that a #3 overall pick is looking good.

Sounds legit.

Blayke something, right? Yeah, I think I've heard of him. Is he playing ok? We here in Jacksonville don't know what to think of our players unless someone from the outside tells us. I guess I better start paying attention to this Mike guy, or Blaike was it? 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wait, we got a Quarterback? I thought the team moved to LA then to London.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

here here

Quote:Wait, we got a Quarterback? I thought the team moved to LA then to London.
Mad tarps, bruh.

Quote:Funny the writer thinks that Jaguar fans dont realize how good Bortles might become, hmm i guess he never came on this MB.
I have to believe that is an editing mistake.  Surely he meant to say "few people outside of Jacksonville".

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:I'm fairly certain it's almost the exact opposite reality.
What made him think that, people around jax was loving Bortles before he played a game

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Agree.

His first coach let him freelance instead of teach him the NFL way, because it lead to success.

When he was injured, that coach forced him to play for the team to succeed.  That lead to a major injury.

Now, the same team with a new coach isn't pleased that he doesn't play the position the NFL way, and isn't as successful post injury.

Don't look at RG3, Washington.  Look at yourselves.  You made this.
Look at Kap

RG3

to a lesser degree Wilson

these guys haven't done what Cam did do.

Hone the QB craft while utilizing their mobility.

RGme got hurt and he is done as an NFL QB. His game was his legs and he doesn't have them anymore, nor the mind to run it like he used to. And he wants to be a pocket QB all of a sudden? But he isn't any good in the pocket. Just like Kap. His whole game was based on defenses worried about his running but once they found a way to keep him contained, he is pedestrian (benched for Gabs lol)

Wilson did improve his game, but without a dominate D and an Oline to blow open holes for Beastmode, he looks like the 3rd rounder they drafted.

What happened in Washington isn't RGme's fault.... but the kind of QB he is just isn't a long term fixture in the NFL -flash in the pan-

Manziel is next.

I'll always take a Bortles, Luck, Carr, type of QB over the shifty mobile smaller guys

There is another thread on this board..... where Bortles YPA, comp %, and TD:INT ratio are being scrutinized for not being good enough.

So... is he or isn't he?

I believe the writer when he says that some people in Jax don't know what they have in Bortles.

Quote:What happened in Washington isn't RGme's fault.... but the kind of QB he is just isn't a long term fixture in the NFL -flash in the pan-

Manziel is next.
Isn't there usually a flash involved with flashes in the pan?

Quote:Look at Kap

RG3

to a lesser degree Wilson

these guys haven't done what Cam did do.

Hone the QB craft while utilizing their mobility.

RGme got hurt and he is done as an NFL QB. His game was his legs and he doesn't have them anymore, nor the mind to run it like he used to. And he wants to be a pocket QB all of a sudden? But he isn't any good in the pocket. Just like Kap. His whole game was based on defenses worried about his running but once they found a way to keep him contained, he is pedestrian (benched for Gabs lol)

Wilson did improve his game, but without a dominate D
and an Oline to blow open holes for Beastmode, he looks like the 3rd rounder they drafted.

What happened in Washington isn't RGme's fault.... but the kind of QB he is just isn't a long term fixture in the NFL -flash in the pan-

Manziel is next.

I'll always take a Bortles, Luck, Carr, type of QB over the shifty mobile smaller guys

I love dominate Ds. They are really cool.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Isn't there usually a flash involved with flashes in the pan?
he flashed at A&M.....

the talking heads couldn't stop bringing up how good he was.... in college.... lol

Quote:I love dominate Ds. They are really cool.

That's one of those things that belongs in the little things that annoy you thread...

It's DOMINANT not DOMINATE! One is an adjective, the other is a verb...

Anyway, back to Bortles being a below average QB... Confusedweat:

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Blaine Bortles imo

Good Lord... they bye week can't be finished fast enough.

Playoff talk, phenom talk, Madden rankings.... ugg.