Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bold prediction for the game in two weeks against the Jets...

Quote:JT Thomas plays for the other New York team, if you meant a pick-six. But most likely Julius
yeah, meant Julius

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The good will be that our stats look good, I hope. The bad will be the lose, this is a Jets team that gave Pats run for their money and the same Pats team that spanked us. They have that D line as well as those corners. Low scoring game. 17-10 Jets.

Quote:We're not beating the Jets...

Nope, they are much better then the Bills and we barely beat them even though we got off to a 27-3 lead in the first half.

The Jags will get out coached and out schemed by the Jets.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:No.

We are barely going to be able to move the ball against this team. They are legit defensively and solid on offense. I totally expect like a 27-10 Jets win.
Buffalo has a beyter defense than the jets

Quote:Buffalo has a beyter defense than the jets

Not a chance. Buffalo has a good defense but the Jets are outstanding in all faces and have a good coach.

Trap game. No one takes the Jags seriously Ninja
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Buffalo has a beyter defense than the jets

You obviously don't watch football if you think that lol. The jets are a top 2 defense this year and buffalo is playing like a middle of the pack defense.

Jags win by 10.  Bortles with another solid performance for us.

Repeat of the 2006 game Jags 41, Jets 0. Bold , baby...........damn bold.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:The Jets are ranked #1 in run defense and #3 in pass defense. Chew over those rankings for a moment. They are however dead last in the league in sacks with just 4 on the year (surprisingly the Jags are tied 7th with 19 sacks). I think to win we need to do a lot of shorts risk-free passes, screen passes and simple throws. Slinging it or relying on the run isn't going to work in this game.

The Jets are a good team, playmakers on both sides of the ball and probably the 3rd best team we'll play this year (Patriots and Panthers are #1 and #2). If Marks is back for full snaps and don't try and sling it I think we can keep it close, the defensive front is a whole lot better with him in the game.
the fact that the jets are dead last in sacks means bb5 will have time to throw.

I predict our offense stays productive the entire game and we win by 2 scores maybe 3

i also predict this is the first game we win and look like the better team 

i also predict this is the game everyone will point to in the future as the " key game".

this is the game it all starts to come together

this is the game that everyone has been waiting for.

we win because we kick their......... for 4 quarters

Quote:Nope, they are much better then the Bills and we barely beat them even though we got off to a 27-3 lead in the first half.

The Jags will get out coached and out schemed by the Jets.
our apparent bad coaching is a result of the way our team was designed and the effect of key injuries to key players that fit into that scheme.

our coaches did not have players doing their jobs who were healthy

nor did they have back ups that came i and did their jobs

and theres no way to change defensive scheme in season

i think that changes now.

i think this is a 4 quarters full of what we saw i the first half against the bills

i think and feel this game is going to save gus 

i think this game we see the results our team is capable of when relativley healthy.

we win by 3 scores

no gifts from refs

no excuses.

i think we kick their ....... good 

Quote:Cromartie is 31 and Revis is 30

Their strength is instincts and reading the WRs.  GO DEEP GO DEEP.   Let's beat them with speed (Hurns) and the vertical leap (ARob).

.... Also, throw in some doses of Gerhert up the middle to keep the Safeties playing in the box.  Right now, I'm sure they're studying film of the Horse from his days in Stanford and the Vikes and will be keying on him come gameday.
I like your idea of pitting the strengths of youth (speed, strength, and endurance) against the strengths of age (experience, instincts). If we play to our strengths in the passing game, we might do better than expected. And I also like the idea of threatening with the run to keep the safeties honest. However, Gerhart posses absolutely no threat in the running game and I think would fail to bring about the desire effect we want. Why even think of Gerhart when you have a Yeldon on the roster anyway? Gerhart shouldn't even see the field unless Yeldon and DRob both get hurt.

The 'horse' from Stanford ain't what she used to be...

If I'm Gus and Oley I'm watching the Pats tape over and over to see what worked and implement a similar gameplan offensively as the pats. 

This Jets offense isn't one we need to keep on the sideline with ball control, we need to do quick dink and dunk passes inside and the middle.

Don't even try to run against the front, instead use the RBs in the short passing game

Ryan Fitzpatrick will look like Tom Brady against us. 

Quote:Ryan Fitzpatrick will look like Tom Brady against us. 
Not with that beard he wont.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Trap game. No one takes the Jags seriously Ninja
maybe.... they do have the Bills just 4 days later

Quote:Not with that beard he wont.
i see what you did there

Definitely a trap game for the Jets.

Full of themselves based on their record.

No respect for the Jags.

Home game.

...but.

The jags have an extra week to prepare.

Look at who the jets have played: beat a crappy Browns team, big whoop. A crappy colts team, big whoop. LOST to the floundering Eagles. Beat a bad team in the Dolphins before they changed coaches. Beat a bad Redskins team. And I'm not really impressed that they lost to the Patriots. Bottom line: they are over rated.

Also the jags will be healthier than ever.

Bold prediction:

Jags gut out a win and surprise everyone.

Ivory will look like Adrian Peterson,  Brandon Marshall like Calvin Johnson, Eric Decker like Jordy Nelson

For what it's worth, Indy got slaughtered by the Jets but gave NE a run. All about matchups.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS