Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles for JJ Watt - would you pull the trigger

Why is this a thread?

A team without a quarterback still struggles despite the star pass rusher. 

A team with a budding, young quarterback has a chance.

And that's exactly what you're seeing. Houston hardly knows who their QB is from week to week and is no better off than Jacksonville. Jacksonville has next to no pass rush. One of those is easier to work around with the personnel you have on your team (though we're still struggling to figure it out).

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Only if I start smoking crack. 

Quote:Only if I start smoking crack. 
Jimmy?

Quote:Rodgers is the only obvious one to me. The rest are too old.

Pretty much
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I wouldn't trade Bortles for anyone.

The only logical response to this thread is the following:

[Image: tumblr_inline_mi2ngoV0j41qz4rgp.png]

Im good with Blake, I mean what has JJ brought the texans? I guess fame but not many wins or titles. That falls on QBs far more than DEs or any other area of the team really.

Quote:How's that Houston defense doing these days with Watt?

QB > anything.

/thread

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Watt is a monster but as others have said QB > DE.

No.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

JJ Who?

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Without hesitation. Watt is a potential hall of fame player, bortles ceiling appears to be an above average starter. Give me a perennial DPOY candidate to build a defense around over a guy who might sneak into a pro bowl or two if he's lucky.

Quote:Without hesitation. Watt is a potential hall of fame player, bortles ceiling appears to be an above average starter. Give me a perennial DPOY candidate to build a defense around over a guy who might sneak into a pro bowl or two if he's lucky.
[Image: tumblr_m5zrpqwif61rnrcixo1_500.gif]

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:I like to think about the Texans and Rams taking Clowney and Greg Robinson over Bortles. And the Texans taking Xavier Sua Filo over Derek Carr.

Throw in thinking about the Vikings trading up to the final pick in the 1st round to snag Bridgewater prior to the Texans 1st pick in Round 2

HuH?......he wasn't the reason we lost to the 'horns.

Not just no....heck nO

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Why is this a thread?

Coming from someone named "stoopid" I have to ponder whether this is a rhetorical question.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 06:37 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:Without hesitation. Watt is a potential hall of fame player, bortles ceiling appears to be an above average starter. Give me a perennial DPOY candidate to build a defense around over a guy who might sneak into a pro bowl or two if he's lucky.

Hey -- Who invited you to my Bortles Party !!!  Banana

[Image: 2609284-tumblr_m89s30fgrf1qd3ume.jpg]

;

;

No. Absolutely not. Not in a million years.

Bacon, I was beginning to feel bad that I've been dogging Marriotta so much in the AFCS forum...  And then you come here and drop that?  You're making it hard for me to give you the benefit of the doubt, man!!!!