Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Great win but blame Gus for it being close

Quote:What bothers me most about Gus Bradley was demonstrated in his presser right after the game. He was acting as if he had just won the Super Bowl. GREAT coaches "expect" to win...........EVERY GAME. Gus acted "surprised" that he found himself in the winners circle today. Look, I know his personality is out there from a showing his emotions standpoint and a Bill Parcells or Belichik he is not, but this should be just another game to him. Swinging from the chandeliers with jubilation is a sign to me at least...........Gus is a guy that does NOT demand victory every single game. Gus does NOT have that MJ mentality of HATING TO LOSE more than they love to win. That's what drives the great ones..............THEY SIMPLY WILL NOT TOLERATE LOSING. They "expect" to win.

Gus does NOT have that mental make up. For that reason alone, regardless of how the Jags finish up............he will not take them to the next level..........which should be nothing less than a division title to start and Super Bowl to finish.

Is there a link to his press conference after the game?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Lol. Mods strike again!

I looked for the series of posts just to continue the conversation but I couldn't find any of the posts. They just wiped it out.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 04:41 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

Quote:I'm sorry you pee yourself every time Blake gets a shiny 300 yard game. Truth of the matter was that this game I saw more from bortles than I've ever seen in one game. Overlooking some bad throws he was accurate on the run. He threw soft catchable balls in space and on time. He got rythm with the running game and threw it around to his open recievers. He didn't telegraph passes and the one pick six was an unfortunate play. It wasn't him looking right at a guy. He led nice drives despite having big penalties negate some huge plays and powered through what at least 5 drops. Oh and the big big big one that I'm all about and why I could care less about the stats is the touchdown game winning drive! He had guts coming back to ar15 then leading hurns for a beauty td! That's how to lead put your team on your shoulders and win a game. Blake got us the W inspite of poor coaching. But let's see can you respond with any relevant substance or are you gonna keep peeing yourself?

Lol No.  I 'pee' myself everytime i see progress from blake.  It's funny though, that this is the 1st time you've seen this (progress).  Keep trolling and next year you can praise the new coach when the rest of the team keeps progressing.  Hopefully Gus doesn't release players before they grow like you and your keyboard crew suggest every game.   Trust the process, i mean don't. Lol

Edit: Doesn't Gus get blamed for plays too?  Lol talk about an agenda i guess BB5's the Interim HC..  Reread some bb5 threads you've contaminated and you'll see that EVERYONE ELSE has BEEN seeing this more n more each week.  There's no more room, so catch the next bandwagon on the troll route.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Guys, you need to put away the pitchforks for one game.   We won today.  

And don't forget, if Myers had hit just one of those two makeable game winning kicks vs the Colts, we would be 3-4 and tied for the division lead.  

Quote:Guys, you need to put away the pitchforks for one game.   We won today.  

And don't forget, if Myers had hit just one of those two makeable game winning kicks vs the Colts, we would be 3-4 and tied for the division lead.  

Sadist! 

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 04:57 PM by wrong_box.)

Don't you know that everything bad is Gus's fault and everything good has nothing to do with Gus so he still needs to be flamed after a win? Are ya new here?  :woot:  

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 08:58 PM by ThunderCat.)

Quote:Lol No. I 'pee' myself everytime i see progress from blake. It's funny though, that this is the 1st time you've seen this (progress). Keep trolling and next year you can praise the new coach when the rest of the team keeps progressing. Hopefully Gus doesn't release players before they grow like you and your keyboard crew suggest every game. Trust the process, i mean don't. Lol

Edit: Doesn't Gus get blamed for plays too? Lol talk about an agenda i guess BB5's the Interim HC.. Reread some bb5 threads you've contaminated and you'll see that EVERYONE ELSE has BEEN seeing this more n more each week. There's no more room, so catch the next bandwagon on the troll route.
Every criticism I've had of bortles is warranted. He's inaccurate at times. He overthrows receivers. And he throws too many pick sixes. How can you dispute that? I've wanted him to cut back on those mistakes. This game he checked some boxes and I felt like it was one of his better games despite not having the stats because there were some circumstances that negated them. Keep the conversation relevant to the topic not your hatred of me. You don't like that I'm critical and it hurts you. But you can't successfully retort. Not my problem. But regardless if Blake proves me right that he can indeed play much better I won't go looking for you to tell you I told you so. Because really who are you? Nobody to me.

Quote:No he didnt watch the tape buddy, it was Grazt beat on both TD passes

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000564700/article/jaguars-hold-back-bills-secondhalf-comeback-in-win'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000564700/article/jaguars-hold-back-bills-secondhalf-comeback-in-win</a>

Mike Dirroco even talks about it
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/15205/t-j-yeldon-up-toby-gerhart-down-in-jaguars-victory-over-buffalo'>http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/15205/t-j-yeldon-up-toby-gerhart-down-in-jaguars-victory-over-buffalo</a>

I thought it was house on the 2nd TD pass. My mistake.

Quote:Every criticism I've had of bortles is warranted. He's inaccurate at times. He overthrows receivers. And he throws too many pick sixes. How can you dispute that? I've wanted him to cut back on those mistakes. This game he checked some boxes and I felt like it was one of his better games despite not having the stats because there were some circumstances that negated them. Keep the conversation relevant to the topic not your hatred of me. You don't like that I'm critical and it hurts you. But you can't successfully retort. Not my problem. But regardless if Blake proves me right that he can indeed play much better I won't go looking for you to tell you I told you so. Because really who are you? Nobody to me.

Some boxes were checked.  Yay!  Sick

Huh

Quote:I thought it was house on the 2nd TD pass. My mistake.

Gratz had a horrible game.  But if you were not in a coma or drunk last year, you'd know that he's not a very good cover CB...  I guess Bradley hasn't figured that out yet...  It takes time for people that rode the short bus to school to understand things us normal people learn at a quicker pace.

I'm beginning to think that the Gus Bradley hire was in order to appease the Americans With Disabilities Act.  Somehow, Shad got on the wrong side of that bureaucracy, and they now are forcing him to keep a head coach with clear mental disabilities when it comes to coaching an NFL football team.  

It's the only plausible explanation.

Quote:Gratz had a horrible game.  But if you were not in a coma or drunk last year, you'd know that he's not a very good cover CB...  I guess Bradley hasn't figured that out yet...  It takes time for people that rode the short bus to school to understand things us normal people learn at a quicker pace.

I'm beginning to think that the Gus Bradley hire was in order to appease the Americans With Disabilities Act.  Somehow, Shad got on the wrong side of that bureaucracy, and they now are forcing him to keep a head coach with clear mental disabilities when it comes to coaching an NFL football team.  

It's the only plausible explanation.
I agree about Gratz.

Quote:Inb4 merge with Fire Gus thread.

By the year 2016 there will be 1 Topic only 1 thread titled  *** THE OFFICIAL JAGUARS - NFL - COLLEGE FOOTBALL - SIDELINE THREAD ***

Starting Gratz was not the only critical coaching error.

Each time Gerhart came into the ballgame was a critical coaching error.

Yeldon should have gotten those carries, and really Yeldon should have gotten more carries overall.  Bortles was good but they leaned on him too much.

My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Quote:They were fortunate to win but if those were "freak" TD's than every defensive TD is a "freak" TD.

I agree with you. But I think the poster just meant that you can't rely on that type of defensive scoring consistently. He's right in that regard. That's not gonna happen every week, especially at the rate the Jags had yesterday.

-INT return for TD

-Sack/Fumble return for TD

-INT leading to a 3 play TD

They're not going to get 3 defensive scores consistently,, no way.

Quote:2 freak defensive TD's ended up being the difference. Can't exactly count on that weekly.

When you're Seattle South .... this is now expected !!!  :thumbsup:<strong> </strong>

Actually we'd be alone in first place!

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 12:45 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

Quote:Every criticism I've had of bortles is warranted. He's inaccurate at times. He overthrows receivers. And he throws too many pick sixes. How can you dispute that? I've wanted him to cut back on those mistakes. This game he checked some boxes and I felt like it was one of his better games despite not having the stats because there were some circumstances that negated them. Keep the conversation relevant to the topic not your hatred of me. You don't like that I'm critical and it hurts you. But you can't successfully retort. Not my problem. But regardless if Blake proves me right that he can indeed play much better I won't go looking for you to tell you I told you so. Because really who are you? Nobody to me.

Lol lmbo.  I don't FIND you, we visit the same MB daily.  I just read, try to understand, and react; but if you want to be special you can be.  Who doesn't love a good debate?

I understand your reservations though because as a sports fan you honestly never know.  1 year doesn't dictate a career but you can see potential.  You focus more on negatives with less care for positives while i see it as the opposite with a little more concern with the negatives slightly.  Alot of HOF QBs made mistakes but you saw positives and they cut back the negatives; but without great positive potential you will max out about where you start, barring any positives regressing.

Every game has shown me elite type traits he can build on, so unless he has a mental lapse and stops caring about being a star in the NFL, he will continue his offseason critiques and excel.  You keep tract of those negatives, but i'm sure they'll be easy to overlook the more he grows up.

Not sure if you have little ones, but you focus on their potential and likes for the future while teaching them to learn how to 'self' correct/make less mistakes in this game called life.  He seeks the help and IMO is hungry for the positives to keep improving toward greatness.  See Work Ethic on page 2  lol

Any JAGS FAN is cool with me tho' .  It's never personal.  We're all adults here, well those over the legal age of 18.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Quote: 

Any JAGS FAN is cool with me tho' .  It's never personal.  We're all adults here, well those over the legal age of 18.

Sorry, but this ^^^ made me think of this:

[Image: Z5S4C8B.png]

and this:

[Image: nicholas-cage-you-dont-say.gif]

I get a sense of over confidence on this board today. People need to adjust their expectations a bit IMO. We are in for a bad reality check in a couple weeks.

Quote:I get a sense of over confidence on this board today. People need to adjust their expectations a bit IMO. We are in for a bad reality check in a couple weeks.

Maybe, but I don't think so.  I think most people do really understand that it would take a miracle for this to be turned around.  I mean, the win was good.

And honestly, looking back on that game, it literally was the best game I've seen all season between any 2 NFL teams.  It had everything!

But at the end of the day, Bradley is gonna Bradley... 

But it's good to have a winning Monday.  It really takes the edge off, you know?