Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Is the Joke improving?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

So has Joeckel improved this year?

Robinson gets nuts *and* strawberry syrup on his froyo at halftime!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Joekel likes to hold and give up pressures. He has improved but has a long way to go.

He's going to be a STUD for us in the long run.

Quote:He's going to be a STUD for us in the long run.

Yeah ok
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

He still struggles with the bull rush.  If he can at least be decent against that it'd help quite a bit.

Average at best. I think the lower side of average personally. But the whole line is crap, so what is one more.

I think he's elevated himself into the realm of average NFL tackle.

So yes, he's improved.

Personally I think he'll improve some more as he grows up "mentally"

Where's the "meh" option?

10 months ago, ProFootballFocus said this about LT Luke Joeckel

Dud: With eight sacks allowed and a team-worst pass blocking grade, the Jags must have hoped for more from <b>Luke Joeckel</b> by now.

==========================================================================================================

2 weeks ago by PFF https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...ng-week-5/

18. Jacksonville Jaguars (18th)
Pass blocking rank: 28th

Run blocking rank: T-4th

Penalties rank: 4th

Stud: We wondered if Zane Beadles (-0.5) might be on the chopping block, but instead, he’s delivered a solid start to the year.

Dud: There’s been improvement from Luke Joeckel (-3.1), but not to the level that makes you confident he’ll ever live up to his draft slot.

Summary: Nothing overly worrisome here, but nothing that stands out. As the ranking would suggest, a very average collection that needs to do a better job in pass protection.

==================================

so according to PFF, sure improvement but going from a terd to a poop isnt a huge improvement (not enough to be starting at LT on any of the other NFL teams).

Quote:10 months ago, ProFootballFocus said this about LT Luke Joeckel

Dud: With eight sacks allowed and a team-worst pass blocking grade, the Jags must have hoped for more from <b>Luke Joeckel</b> by now.

==========================================================================================================

Stud: We wondered if Zane Beadles (-0.5) might be on the chopping block, but instead, he’s delivered a solid start to the year.

Dud: There’s been improvement from Luke Joeckel (-3.1), but not to the level that makes you confident he’ll ever live up to his draft slot.

Summary: Nothing overly worrisome here, but nothing that stands out. As the ranking would suggest, a very average collection that needs to do a better job in pass protection.

so according to PFF, sure improvement but going from a terd to a poop isnt a huge improvement (not enough to be starting at LT on any of the other NFL teams).

Doesn't the fact that they included Beadles in the "stud" section give you pause at all? I'm no PFF expert but Beadles IMO was very bad through the first five games of the season. I thought he was solid last week and haven't rewatched the Bills game this week. This is not to say they aren't correct about Joeckel but trying to keep things in perspective.

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:Stud: We wondered if Zane Beadles (-0.5) might be on the chopping block, but instead, he’s delivered a solid start to the year.
Credibility = over

Lulz = very yes

Quote:10 months ago, ProFootballFocus said this about LT Luke Joeckel

how is he run blocking tied for 4th  :mellow:

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Zane Beadles has been playing thru injury (against Texans) LG Zane Beadles (+1.4) by PFF

----------------------------------

According to Source: Florida Times Union

Beadles needed to have his left foot re-taped in the first half of the Week 7 win over the Bills, but he did not miss a snap. He was wearing a boot on his left foot in the locker room after the game and needed a crutch to move around. With the bye week coming up, Beadles should be good to go Week 9 against the Jets. Oct 25 - 10:27 PM

----------------------------------------------

The problem is poor play by LT Luke Joeckel & Center has been average to below thus making Zane looking average or below because he is trying to make up for the slack..

not buying it but whatever

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Joeckel has plenty of work to do and he's still getting overpowered too often, but he has clearly improved his base level of play and has shown a bit more consistency doing it. 

Long way to go - but taking steps in the right direction, IMO. 

Looking good so far

Quote:Zane Beadles has been playing thru injury (against Texans) LG Zane Beadles (+1.4) by PFF

----------------------------------

According to Source: Florida Times Union

Beadles needed to have his left foot re-taped in the first half of the Week 7 win over the Bills, but he did not miss a snap. He was wearing a boot on his left foot in the locker room after the game and needed a crutch to move around. With the bye week coming up, Beadles should be good to go Week 9 against the Jets. Oct 25 - 10:27 PM

----------------------------------------------

The problem is poor play by LT Luke Joeckel & Center has been average to below thus making Zane looking average or below because he is trying to make up for the slack..

The best play this week was when he pulled into the hole and got ragdolled right back into Slowby. THAT'S when you know you have a quality guard, even the East German judge gave him a 10.0

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I've been a Joekel apologist for a few months now, and I gotta say, I'm happy with his progress.

One play I want to bring up that maybe you guys saw yesterday:

They were showing a replay of a BB5 pass.  Right in front of him was Joekel getting pancaked.  But what was interesting is that as LJ was getting knocked on his butt, LJ made sure that the pass rusher fell right on top of him.  He was basically using a ju jitzu (sp) move to bring the guy down and neutralize him from the play as he was falling backwards.  He was using the players momentum to bring him down right on top of himself.  Yes, he got beat and knocked on his butt, but the pass rusher was neutralized.

To me, it was a smart play of Lukes part, and Blake got the pass off for a completion.

This to me in indicative of what you want to see from your LT.  Do whatever you can to protect your QB.  As long as he continues to get better over this year, I think we are in good shape with keep LJ long term.  There are bigger issues on the line.

LJ is not the liability that we all feared he would be during pre-season.  This is good news.

Quote:I've been a Joekel apologist for a few months now, and I gotta say, I'm happy with his progress.

One play I want to bring up that maybe you guys saw yesterday:

They were showing a replay of a BB5 pass.  Right in front of him was Joekel getting pancaked.  But what was interesting is that as LJ was getting knocked on his butt, LJ made sure that the pass rusher fell right on top of him.  He was basically using a ju jitzu (sp) move to bring the guy down and neutralize him from the play as he was falling backwards.  He was using the players momentum to bring him down right on top of himself.  Yes, he got beat and knocked on his butt, but the pass rusher was neutralized.

To me, it was a smart play of Lukes part, and Blake got the pass off for a completion.

This to me in indicative of what you want to see from your LT.  Do whatever you can to protect your QB.  As long as he continues to get better over this year, I think we are in good shape with keep LJ long term.  There are bigger issues on the line.

LJ is not the liability that we all feared he would be during pre-season.  This is good news.

That also typically draws a holding call... so, yeah.  Not a great example.  He got beat, AND Held, and just happened to get away with it that time? 

I'd offer up a cookie, but it appears Ice Cream is more the thing around these parts.

Perhaps a compromise?

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Still getting lost on speedsters and still struggles to anchor in the run game against power ends.

He does do better in keeping guys to the outside somewhat but if they go inside seems like he loses every time.