Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Even as a huge supporter of bradley, Its time Khan start preparing. (strategy going forward)

Quote:This isn't a "fire gus bradley" thread but rather discussion on what the strategy needs to be going into the offseason. Just to get the bradley thing out of the way, I was a huge supporter of his but the same issues keep happening. Especially the second half breakdowns. 

In my opinion, Khan needs to go one of three routes. Fire Caldwell/Bradley both at the end of the season OR Fire Bradley and extend Caldwell. Heres why, No serious coach will consider the Jaguars if he has a lame duck GM and that will be the major question once Bradley is fired. So you either fire him with Bradley or extend him to install confidence in your HC prospects that he will have a couple years of stability. Mularkey and smith come to mind why one of these two options need to happen. 

Option 3: Keep both. Why? This team has been killed by injuries and maybe this years FA coaching crop isn't great. After year 4, We are either in the playoffs or talking to other GM's and Coaches. 

I think realistically, Gus will be gone, and Dave will get a second shot at hiring a head coach.  If that doesn't result in a significant turnaround, we'll be starting over again pretty quickly.

I was one of those willing to give Gus this season to finally start to turn things around.  It hasn't happened, and it doesn't really look like it will.  We're seeing incremental improvements, but for every step forward we take, we take 2 backwards elsewhere, either by injury or sheer performance gaffes.

When the team has both young and mature players making stupid, boneheaded mistakes, it is clear the attention to detail isn't where it needs to be in game planning and preparation.  I don't see Gus turning that around before the end of this season.  I don't think he's lost the team, but I do think he's at a point where he doesn't have any answers for how to overcome the obstacles this team is facing right now.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2015, 11:53 AM by Jags437.)

Quote:I think realistically, Gus will be gone, and Dave will get a second shot at hiring a head coach.  If that doesn't result in a significant turnaround, we'll be starting over again pretty quickly.

I was one of those willing to give Gus this season to finally start to turn things around.  It hasn't happened, and it doesn't really look like it will.  We're seeing incremental improvements, but for every step forward we take, we take 2 backwards elsewhere, either by injury or sheer performance gaffes.

When the team has both young and mature players making stupid, boneheaded mistakes, it is clear the attention to detail isn't where it needs to be in game planning and preparation.  I don't see Gus turning that around before the end of this season.  I don't think he's lost the team, but I do think he's at a point where he doesn't have any answers for how to overcome the obstacles this team is facing right now.

You're right in that he hasn't lost the team.  Of course they like playing for him.  He's a players' coach to the extreme.  We need a hard-butt coach to come in and give these players a little fear.  There are no consequences for making idiotic mistakes. 

One of these years.............

Quote:I think realistically, Gus will be gone, and Dave will get a second shot at hiring a head coach. If that doesn't result in a significant turnaround, we'll be starting over again pretty quickly.

I was one of those willing to give Gus this season to finally start to turn things around. It hasn't happened, and it doesn't really look like it will. We're seeing incremental improvements, but for every step forward we take, we take 2 backwards elsewhere, either by injury or sheer performance gaffes.

When the team has both young and mature players making stupid, boneheaded mistakes, it is clear the attention to detail isn't where it needs to be in game planning and preparation. I don't see Gus turning that around before the end of this season. I don't think he's lost the team, but I do think he's at a point where he doesn't have any answers for how to overcome the obstacles this team is facing right now.

Sounds about right to me. ^

If Gus had answers to reducing the unforced errors by these young players we should be seeing some signs of it and we're not.

Quote:You're right in that he hasn't lost the team.  Of course they like playing for him.  He's a players' coach to the extreme.  We need a hard-butt coach to come in and give these players a little fear.  There are no consequences for making idiotic mistakes. 
I'm not sure what a head coach instilling a little fear in players is going to do.  At the end of the day, the motivation is the money they're collecting each week.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Sounds about right to me. ^

If Gus had answers to reducing the unforced errors by these young players we should be seeing some signs of it and we're not.
It's not just the young players.  You've got guys like Clemons making stupid and costly mistakes as well.  Guys who should know better and not require the constant attention of a coach to avoid the gaffes.

Quote:I'm not sure what a head coach instilling a little fear in players is going to do.  At the end of the day, the motivation is the money they're collecting each week.

Maybe it'll prevent them from making the same boneheaded mistakes week in and week out.  They're too comfortable.  Frankly, the culture right now isn't exactly making us a very successful team.

Quote:It's not just the young players. You've got guys like Clemons making stupid and costly mistakes as well. Guys who should know better and not require the constant attention of a coach to avoid the gaffes.
True. Not to mention about 5 false starts by Parnell this year already.

Quote:Maybe it'll prevent them from making the same boneheaded mistakes week in and week out.  They're too comfortable.  Frankly, the culture right now isn't exactly making us a very successful team.
I don't think this is about comfort.  I think it's simply about how they're being coached.  If there isn't a focus on precision and detail, that's going to translate on game day.  We're seeing that play out pretty consistently.

Option 4.... sell this teal and black dingle-berry to London or L.A. and save our ticket and beer money until the next NFL expansion team comes to town.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2015, 12:09 PM by SuperJville.)

Guys, the painful truth is that Gus is in over his head. He's doing his best, but he doesn't know how to coach an NFL team as a head coach. He doesn't know whether his style of coaching will work. He doesn't know that they will turn it around. He doesn't know why we are playing the way we are. He has never done it before. He simply has "faith" that his approach will work. Faith is belief without evidence by definition. I have seen enough evidence to show me that Gus is not an NFL caliber head coach. He's the Dabo Swinney of the NFL.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I don't think this is about comfort.  I think it's simply about how they're being coached.  If there isn't a focus on precision and detail, that's going to translate on game day.  We're seeing that play out pretty consistently.

They're being coached to not think winning games is a big deal.  It's all about improvement.  Just trust the process.  Go win a freaking game.  That's the only thing that matters. 

Some are just meant to be co-ordinators and focus on one primary objective. Gus is in over his head. 

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Guys, the painful truth is that Gus is in over his head. He's doing his best, but he doesn't know how to coach an NFL team as a head coach. He doesn't know whether his style of coaching will work. He doesn't know that they will turn it around. He doesn't know why we are playing the way we are. He has never done it before. He simply has "faith" that his approach will work. Faith is belief without evidence by definition. I have seen enough evidence to show me that Gus is not an NFL caliber head coach. He's the Dabo Swinney of the NFL.

Don't insult Dabo.  Gus is the Will Muschamp of NFL coaches.

It was also a bad defensive game plan.  Why the hockey sticks were we single covering one of the best WR's in the game.  It's not like we were blitzing.

Quote:You just can't blow up a roster the way we did, and think that you can turn it around in three years, especially when your strategy going forward is to be conservative in free agency and build through the draft.

We were actually the 4th highest spending team in free agency this season.

Missing on Gerhert, Beadles, and all the other ones in the prior years is devastating.

Quote:I don't think this is about comfort.  I think it's simply about how they're being coached.  If there isn't a focus on precision and detail, that's going to translate on game day.  We're seeing that play out pretty consistently.
Took ya long enough to realize that doe......

Better late than never I guess.

Quote:Option 3: Keep both. Why? This team has been killed by injuries and maybe this years FA coaching crop isn't great. After year 4, We are either in the playoffs or talking to other GM's and Coaches. 
[Image: thank+you+sir+may+i+have+another+1.jpg]

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Option 4.... sell this teal and black dingle-berry to London or L.A. and save our ticket and beer money until the next NFL expansion team comes to town.

There is no NEXT NFL expansion team coming here.. we need to make the one we have into a winner.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:We were actually the 4th highest spending team in free agency this season.

Missing on Gerhert, Beadles, and all the other ones in the prior years is devastating.

I'm not necessairly arguing with you, but I would still say we've been "conservative" overall in free agency, especially given the cap room and the need for players.  We did chase Murray and Cobb a little bit, but mostly we've stayed away from the big ticket, high profile guys and instead have tried to find middle-of-the-road guys who were role players elsewhere who might shine in J'ville. 

Agree totally on Gerhart and Beadles.......I'll just chalk that up to what I said about every GM missing on occasion. 

Quote:Option 4.... sell this teal and black dingle-berry to London or L.A. and save our ticket and beer money until the next NFL expansion team comes to town.

lol @ Jax ever getting another NFL team