Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Caldwells Biggest Bust
"The Joke" Joeckle: This guy gets beat like a drum every weeks. Looks silly at times
"Tackle Dummy" Cyprien: This guy is horrible at open and close field tackling. Useless safety
"Injuries R US" Lee: Has he ever played a game in a jags uniform at 100%?
"allergic to cathing" Lewis: Caldwell resigned him this offseason
[Show Results]

Caldwells biggest bust?

The truth of the matter is that none of those guys matter. If he hits on the Bortles pick then he's good.

And Lewis wasn't re-signed.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2015, 12:12 AM by jtmoney.)

Bortles is having a pretty good 2nd year so don't understand no star players in sight for first round.  Who knows on Fowler.  Joeckel may be the surprise player so far this year.  I did not expect him to play as well as he has.  Star?  No, but getting a good player out of that first round would be a success.  

Caldwell certainly deserves criticism.  His first draft while promising under delivered.  His second looks to be the building blocks for our future.  The 3rd of course is too hard to judge.  Regardless, none of that matters when we keep losing.  It isn't just coaching though it certainly appears to be part of it.  Our offensive and defensive line are the stories of this season.  We let veterans go early on that we probably shouldn't which is adding time to the rebuilding. 

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2015, 12:13 AM by jtmoney.)

Quote:Cause clearly we have nothing to whine about.

Sure we do.  We can also have football discussion and dig a little further offering logical thought.  For instance, Joeckel who you say is the biggest bust is playing the best he has as a Jag.  He is improving.  There are bigger busts.  Especially considering how putrid that 1st round draft was.  Yes, it requires more thought than what you see right in front of you.  This is how football discussions work.  Give it a try!   :thumbsup:

Quote:The truth of the matter is that none of those guys matter. If he hits on the Bortles pick then he's good.

And Lewis wasn't re-signed.

Yes and Bortles in and of himself will keep him safe.  That was a bold move and Caldwell has made a lot of those.  He also has gotten a lot of criticism for the Bortles pick.  

Answer: None of the above (Gus Bradley)

It appears DC hit on Bortles, so as far as we are concerned, that is his free pass for a few years.

But frankly, I am concerned that he isn't firing Gus out of hubris. Either Khan is pulling the strings for financial gain, or DC is too proud to admit he made a mistake at a pretty important position. Someone has to be accountable for Gus still being our HC.

Quote:It appears DC hit on Bortles, so as far as we are concerned, that is his free pass for a few years.

But frankly, I am concerned that he isn't firing Gus out of hubris. Either Khan is pulling the strings for financial gain, or DC is too proud to admit he made a mistake at a pretty important position. Someone has to be accountable for Gus still being our HC.
I think they'll wait until the bye week.

LT Luke Joeckel was his first draft pick he made as the GM, on one hand it wasn't a great draft year in general but still he hasnt done much to correct the problem 3 years into it.

I would  agrue that HC Gus Bradley is the biggest blunder after firing Mularkey due to poor performance he kept Bradley 3 years with a worse record?

Why?

Quote:It appears DC hit on Bortles, so as far as we are concerned, that is his free pass for a few years.

This!

Quote:Sure we do.  We can also have football discussion and dig a little further offering logical thought.  For instance, Joeckel who you say is the biggest bust is playing the best he has as a Jag.  He is improving.  There are bigger busts.  Especially considering how putrid that 1st round draft was.  Yes, it requires more thought than what you see right in front of you.  This is how football discussions work.  Give it a try!   :thumbsup:
Did you even watch the game?  I love how you say "Joeckle is playing his best" when you have no knowledge of what you are talking about.  I seen atleast 3 times he got abused like Tina turner on one on one matchups.  The Joke is a very very mediocre left tackle.  Funny how you mention "logical thought" when clearly you lack logic.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Gus Bradley

+1

Quote:Did you even watch the game?  I love how you say "Joeckle is playing his best" when you have no knowledge of what you are talking about.  I seen atleast 3 times he got abused like Tina turner on one on one matchups vs the texans. He allows atleast 1 or 2 free runners a game at the QB.  The Joke is a very very mediocre left tackle.  Funny how you mention "logical thought" when clearly you lack logic.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Did anyone see Beadles wiff on that spin move?

Quote: 

But frankly, I am concerned that he isn't firing Gus out of hubris. Either Khan is pulling the strings for financial gain, or DC is too proud to admit he made a mistake at a pretty important position. 

Right, it's hubris, and has nothing to do with knowing when it's the right time to make a big move like firing the coach.

Joeckel is at least half way decent so cut him some slack, he still has potential.

Cyprien is terrible. Can't cover. Can't tackle. He takes Pop Warner angles and whiffs all the time. When he does get lucky and line somebody up he bounces right off and ends up on his keister anyway. He can maybe be good as a gunner on special teams, but then again he can't tackle so the most he could do is hope the returner calls a fair catch. Only use left for him is ice cream scooper and Gus' assistant cheerleader and even that will be phased out once the buffoon coach is fired. Terrible terrible terrible.

Cyprien sucks.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:People don't want to admit Caldwell is a problem because doing so would be admitting the rebuild was a failure and that we will have to start over with a completely new regime. Caldwell's only saving grace could end up being Blake Bortles.

I agree with you. But bortles better stop throwing so many picks. He choked today. Doesn't make Caldwell look good.

Quote:People don't want to admit Caldwell is a problem because doing so would be admitting the rebuild was a failure and that we will have to start over with a completely new regime. Caldwell's only saving grace could end up being Blake Bortles.
Yep - another "rebuild" coming up after this season.  

I predict a mass exodus of season ticket holders.  They're fed up with this garbage and Khan hasn't shown he's dedicated to putting a quality product on the field. 

Quote:Did anyone see Beadles wiff on that spin move?
Beadles is probably the worst free agent signing of Caldwell.   Totally blows..

Tough question. I am going with Luke Joeckel though. He was the first pick of the Caldwell era. He was the third overall pick of his class. And he's been a huge disappointment. He didn't finish his rookie season due to an ankle injury. That's fine. His second year he struggled because he was still recovering. I'll let you slide a bit. This season he's still inconsistent even with a full off-season to put on some weight and develop strength. He was get bullied in pre-season and bullied again off and on this year. He's not solid at LT. And this could be just about it for him if we can find a suitable starter in free agency next year.

Cyprien is right behind him though. He's a player we all had high hopes for. He's another guy that's just too inconsistent and can't quite figure it out yet. Can he be saved or salvaged with good coaching? I don't know. Maybe. I still look at this defense and point towards that front four though. Just overwhelmingly disappointing this year. Virtually no sacks showing up on the stat sheet. No pressure up front or off the edge. No forced fumbles or big time plays being made on third down. The pass rush and the front four showed great promise last year, but it's taken a HUGE step back this year. Is it talent? Is it coaching? Is it both? I don't know anymore.

Just tired as a fan man. I don't think I'll be spending anymore money or time this year watching this team or going to the games with the little bit of time I have off. Seeing that game up front yesterday just makes you sick as a fan. The Colts loss was bad. The Tampa Bay loss was bad. But losing to the Texans at home and playing like we did just makes me sick. Bortles wasn't perfect yesterday but overall the offense has greatly out performed the defense and special teams in general. Just tired man. You go home, look at the highlights and scoring plays of other teams that are somewhat like us. Just sickening.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Did anyone see Beadles wiff on that spin move?

Which one? It was more than one.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]