Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What do we do with Jason Myers?

I'd rather have scobee tbh.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Put a hockey mask on his face and let him pass out candy at Everbank....
Took me a min..

Quote:Is the strong leg worth points that are supposed to be automatic?

I think we cut our losses and either bring back Scobee or go find another kicker that can make kicks.
You don't get to do anything but gripe and complain which you do well.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:What's it gonna matter? You are trying to win games. He is a liability. He's no good, what's the point of keeping him?

He also missed a BUNCH of practice kicks today (kicking into the north endzone)
This is not in Gus' plan.

I say we ought to tie his hands behind his back and just rain gut punches into the guy.

That will teach him not to miss field goals and point after attempts.

Quote:You don't get to do anything but gripe and complain which you do well.

Na....as a fan, I'm gonna want them to get a new kicker.

You sign arena league trash, you get arena league results. This chump myers couldn't even kick for the Sharks.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Dude is hot trash so far besides that 58 yarder

We kept him over Scobee based on kickoffs not FGs

I'm not the best at college football, I watch but I never pay attention to their kickers....do we target anyone in this years draft? Anyone coming out worth a draft pick?

Quote:You sign arena league trash, you get arena league results. This chump myers couldn't even kick for the Sharks.

He can go play with our former #1 WR Sims-Walker on the Blue Bombers.

Quote:I'm not the best at college football, I watch but I never pay attention to their kickers....do we target anyone in this years draft? Anyone coming out worth a draft pick?
IDK but long as not in third round I am fine with it.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:I'm not the best at college football, I watch but I never pay attention to their kickers....do we target anyone in this years draft? Anyone coming out worth a draft pick?

I would spend a later round pick for Roberto Aguayo. I would spend that 6th rounder that we got for Scobee on him. He's good.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

This shouldn't even be a discussion. But apparently Dave and Shad or whatever his name is fear firing these chumps and keeps everyone who can't do their jobs correctly. Specifically the coach so you know the unknown diarrhea kicker ain't going anywhere.

Quote:What's it gonna matter? You are trying to win games. He is a liability. He's no good, what's the point of keeping him?

He also missed a BUNCH of practice kicks today (kicking into the north endzone)

If you were at the game like I was then it wasn't hard to notice the 20 mile wind gusts constantly blowing thru the stadium. I really don't care for Myers but I'm not going to rag on him for struggling kicking on very windy day.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2015, 12:22 AM by jtmoney.)

Quote:Caldwell is decent at figuring out ahead of the curve what players are about to hit a wall. He absolutely sucks at finding replacements for the players however. 

Eric, we have disagreed on somethings with Caldwell, but I agree with a lot that you say above.  Bortles however will be his ticket to keeping his job as GM.  I like David's openness and honesty.  For instance when he said he may have made a mistake letting certain veterans go.  Daryl Smith stands out.  Man, how much would he still be helping right now?!?!  Pot Roast...  Those two are the most frustrating.  He has hit and missed on free agents.  I like his aggressiveness, but question his risk taking on up and comers.  It has definitely been a mixed bag, but picking Bortles was a gutsy call and a surprise pick.  If he hits, which it looks like he may have, it will be the most important pick in our franchise since the 90's.

Kai Forbath K is available. He kicked for Redskins for past 3 years. they cut him after he missed 1 FG the first week.

He has a pretty good leg too and has been fairly accurate the past few years. 

Quote:Is the strong leg worth points that are supposed to be automatic?

I think we cut our losses and either bring back Scobee or go find another kicker that can make kicks.

The extra point is as automatic as it once was since being pushed back, but yes I agree it should've been made more often than he has yet he is very young...

I dunno I'll say my heart wouldnt be broken if they fired him and hired Scobee back... thats for sure..

If we keep him around to see how he does the rest of the season what does it hurt? Is him missing a few more kicks going to keep the team out of the playoffs? I don't really care either way but if he hangs around it really doesn't matter much.

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:If we keep him around to see how he does the rest of the season what does it hurt? Is him missing a few more kicks going to keep the team out of the playoffs? I don't really care either way but if he hangs around it really doesn't matter much.
Accepting mediocrity (or worse) is what keeps the Jaguars in their perennial quest for five wins.