Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Racist couple sentenced to jail for terrorizing child's bday with Confederate flags and guns

Quote:What are you guys doing about racism and hate crimes? Let's start there.

I work with adults to improve their literacy, advance their education, and break the tide of systemic racism.

I also volunteer in support groups every year that involve different races/ethnicities in a town hall setting. We discuss how to change our thought pattern about race and racism.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That's awesome...yet the problem still exists.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:It's absolutely not a "Presidential problem", but it seems some on here want to project that it is. Trump has been in office 1 month...yet, it seems like he's being blamed for racism and hate crimes in this country.

Can you say the same for Obama?
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:That's awesome...yet the problem still exists.

And that's my point. Changing the mindset is key.

Quote:So if I don't like racism, I need to move?
That's not what I said at all lol

Can I say the same for what regarding Obama?  Do you think there were fewer hate crimes committed while Obama was in office (with respect to any other President)?

Quote:Apparently so.

Dumbest statement that is ever made politically.

Why would we be like our ancestors and make improvements?
No one is saying that... but feel free to run with it

Things actually got worse with Obama, because he would jump to conclusions, prior to being fully educated on the situation.

"If I had a son"...that stirred a lot of controversy.

Quote:That's not what I said at all lol

From one of your earlier posts

If you don't like where you live I think you're free to move anywhere you like.

If anyone thinks racism is ever going to go away, you are sadly mistaken.

There will always be hate. Always be racists...

there will always be terrorists... violence....

To summarize in your own words "There will always be hate, racists, terrorist, violence. If I don't like where I live (where this racism, and violence is occurring) then I need to move, instead of fighting it.

What is wrong about how I am interpreting what you are saying?

Quote:Can I say the same for what regarding Obama? Do you think there were fewer hate crimes committed while Obama was in office (with respect to any other President)?

My point is you can't say it's not a presidential problem and say Trump is not to blame then turn around and say Obama is responsible for hate crimes or race relation issues.

Quote:Things actually got worse with Obama, because he would jump to conclusions, prior to being fully educated on the situation.

So it is a presidential problem correct?

It's not a Presidential problem...it's a stupid people problem.  You can't fix stupid...but you can try to educate.

Quote:It's not a Presidential problem...it's a stupid people problem. You can't fix stupid...but you can try to educate.

Then you can't blame Obama for poor race relations.

Quote:From one of your earlier posts

If you don't like where you live I think you're free to move anywhere you like.

If anyone thinks racism is ever going to go away, you are sadly mistaken.

There will always be hate. Always be racists...

there will always be terrorists... violence....

To summarize in your own words "There will always be hate, racists, terrorist, violence. If I don't like where I live (where this racism, and violence is occurring) then I need to move, instead of fighting it.

What is wrong about how I am interpreting what you are saying?
Because I didn't say "if you don't like racism move" I said if you don't like where you live you are free to move where you like. But there will be racism there too.

And if you think you'll get rid of idiotic hateful people by pointing out idiotic hateful people to not so idiotic hateful people....

well your thinking is flawed. Where are you going to move where racism doesn't exist? Where is the place with no hate?

Those who are not racist won't become racist because there are racist people...

and those who are hateful and racist likely will always be that way... no matter how much you "educate" them on how their "mean words and hateful thoughts" hurt people's feelings.

I'm not blaming Obama...but he needed to be more educated on the situation, prior to opening his mouth regarding Trevon Martin.

That's all I'm saying.

I have a meeting to go to now, so I'll try to catch up later.

You kids play safe...and nice.  Try to treat each other with a little respect.

Quote:Then you can't blame Obama for poor race relations.
Obama, as the first black POTUS, could have really drove home racial unity...

instead with his words he chose to be MORE divisive.

Agree or nah?

Me, I'm furious that someone would use the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia in a hate crime. This mentality has to stop. I'm happy that they are going to prison for a spell, maybe they'll get the same "respect"  in prison that they showed this family that they terrorized.

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2017, 03:25 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:Things actually got worse with Obama, because he would jump to conclusions, prior to being fully educated on the situation.

Obama acknowledged that he is black and that blacks have historically been treated unfairly. It stirred a lot of controversy because many people in this country cannot and will not genuinely accept their own white privilege. Nothing was wrong with his "if I have a son..." statement. It struck a nerve because people, mostly white people, cannot accept that the realities of non-whites is not the same as those who are white. 

Quote:That's awesome...yet the problem still exists.

Because it's the "system" man.

"the" system

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Obama acknowledged that he is black and that blacks have historically been treated unfairly stirred a lot of controversy because a lot of people in this country cannot and will not genuinely accept their own white privilege. Nothing was wrong with his "if I have a son..." statement. It struck a nerve because people, mostly white people, cannot accept that the realities of non-whites is not the same as those who are white. 

lol...

"privilege"

As in "privilege" of being moved to the back of the line because you're a white male, and aren't the demographic we're looking for to fill this position.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."