Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Must be a mighty Tasty burger

I'd kill for some LaNop right now..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'd kill for some LaNop right now..

I was already thinkin' that's on the agenda tonight. Or may take a ride down to The Sunset Grille. Haven't been down to St. Aug Beach in a while. Just depends on when I get out of here.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I was already thinkin' that's on the agenda tonight. Or may take a ride down to The Sunset Grille. Haven't been down to St. Aug Beach in a while. Just depends on when I get out of here.

Who you gonna kill for some LaNop? Cause I don't wanna try and kill someone who's already been kilt.. Thats only worth Taco Bell..

Quote:I'd kill for some LaNop right now..

I had it last night...and it was very yummy!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:INO and Whataburger make burgers that are almost diner-quality, Sonic is right below them, then Five Guys, and then there's everyone else scattered along a spectrum from the not-quite-gag-inducing Wendy's at the top to the mean green poop machine itself, Burger King, at the very bottom.
I loathe Whataburger burgers.

The Loop has really good burgers.  I also like Five Guys burgers.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I loathe Whataburger burgers.

The Loop has really good burgers.  I also like Five Guys burgers.

Whataburger >> 5 Guys in my book, but that's me.

Loop burger is more like a restaurant burger. Very good, as are Outback's burgers. I also second the Fuddruckers mentioned earlier. I don't like to compare them with fast food burgers.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I call the Lanop in Argyle Lasloponera. It is by far the worst Mexican food I've ever eaten. After several attempts to get a decent meal there I've sworn I'll never give them another dime. And I'm the most unpicky eater around.

Quote:I call the Lanop in Argyle Lasloponera. It is by far the worst Mexican food I've ever eaten. After several attempts to get a decent meal there I've sworn I'll never give them another dime. And I'm the most unpicky eater around.

Man. That's a shame. I have to say I've never had a bad experience at the one on 210 near South Hampton in easily 20+ visits.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I call the Lanop in Argyle Lasloponera. It is by far the worst Mexican food I've ever eaten. After several attempts to get a decent meal there I've sworn I'll never give them another dime. And I'm the most unpicky eater around.
I'll admit, last time I was in Jacksonville, I went to La Nop's San Marco restaurant, and I was not impressed. It tasted very bland and generic, like the sort of Mexican food I'd expect to get from a casual dining restaurant in a mall. It was almost like the Cheesecake Factory of Mexican food for me. Tasted pretty good, but nothing worth writing home about, and certainly not worth the hype.

La Nop is just "gringo food" made to look like real Mexican food.  As far as burgers go, Whataburger used to be really good back in the 80's.  Today it's no different than Wendy's, Burger King, Hardees, etc.  As one of my earlier bosses used to say "it'll make a turd".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Man. That's a shame. I have to say I've never had a bad experience at the one on 210 near South Hampton in easily 20+ visits.

I always hear good things about the other locations. That particular one is just poorly run.

For some strange reason, some of the best Mexican restaurants I've eaten at are in Alabama. From Huntsville to Birmingham, I've been able to find good Mexican eateries.

A Whataburger combo meal kinda reminds me of a Whopper from Burger King and fries from McNasty's.

Not a big fan of Five Guy's fries though. Too much salt..

It is... I swear their food is inedible....

Rosy's in Mandarin is the BEST Mexican food I have ever had in Jacksonville.

Quote:For some strange reason, some of the best Mexican restaurants I've eaten at are in Alabama. From Huntsville to Birmingham, I've been able to find good Mexican eateries.

If you want real Mexican food you need to go to either New Mexico or Texas as far as I'm concerned.  Arizona, Colorado and Oklahoma get honorable mentions.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Atlantic Blvd Lanop is the best in town.

La Casita in Green Cove rocks. Great mexican food.

Quote:If you want real Mexican food you need to go to either New Mexico or Texas as far as I'm concerned.  Arizona, Colorado and Oklahoma get honorable mentions.

The most interesting for me was in Germany. Germans aren't particularly known for their spicy palates and it showed in the interpretation served up. I think they even included a side salad with the combo plate I ordered. But that's okay, there was lots of tasty, wholesome German beer to wash it down with.

For those in the Tampa Bay area, Casa Tina in downtown Dunedin has great Mexican food.

Ate at one in Sacramento, California. It was okay, I guess; but people who live there think that it's the best thing since sliced bread. Whatever...