Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gus' horrid and reckless coaching is creating a hazardous culture

Quote:When a player is injured, the communication rolls up hill to the head coach on the sideline.  Not the other way around.  If a player is suspected to be concussed, the medical staff will test him.  If he fails the test, protocol requires him to be sidelined.  At that point, the coach is notified.  If they don't determine he's concussed on the sideline, what are you expecting the coach to do?  Telepathically determine this on his own?  What's his medical background to do so exactly?

Again, you're grasping at air here.  There are more than enough things to be aggravated about with the coaching.  You're looking for something new to whine about and you've missed the mark wildly. 

BTW, you're the one who mentioned the play in the OP.  So, if you're not debating the play, don't reference it.  Otherwise, it's part of the discussion.

I see you are not questioning the protocol in regards how it was handled.

That tells me all I need to know,

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Could you imagine Gus as a doctor? "It's not about curing the patient man! What matters is trying your best and demonstrating your spirit! Yea!!!! Isn't this awesome to be competing? OK so the patient died but man what a great surgical procedure to be a part of man we almost pulled it off!"
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:So Bradley's coaching style has impacted how the "independent neurologist" handles his business? Also, I know that there are concussion "spotters" at every game but I had no idea that each team has a neurologist on the sideline. Seems a bit excessive don't you think, especially seeing as how anyone can test a person for a concussion in about two minutes?

The responsibility ultimately falls on the coaching staff if a player has not been properly evaluated for concussion symptoms. Which is why the league communicates directly with them and wants know the lines of communication and how it happened, etc. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:The responsibility ultimately falls on the coaching staff if a player has not been properly evaluated for concussion symptoms. Which is why the league communicates directly with them and wants know the lines of communication and how it happened, etc. 
No, it doesn't.  If ultimately falls on the medical staff.  The league also has someone monitoring the games to identify players who are concussed.  That's not on the coaches or even the players to determine.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I see you are not questioning the protocol in regards how it was handled.

That tells me all I need to know,
If the medical staff doesn't test him for a concussion, that's on them.  I know you're desperately trying to attach this to the coach, but that's a misguided premise to begin with in order to pump up another agenda.  Keep trying though!

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:No, it doesn't.  If ultimately falls on the medical staff.  The league also has someone monitoring the games to identify players who are concussed.  That's not on the coaches or even the players to determine.

The league communicates to everybody including coaching staff regarding how the protocol was handled regarding concussed players, 

You can't expect a head coach to know the health status of 50 or so players during a game, especially not a doofus like Gus. Concussions and other injuries are missed by every team every week.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

So we don't have enough real stuff to complain about, well just make [BLEEP] up.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:If the medical staff doesn't test him for a concussion, that's on them.  I know you're desperately trying to attach this to the coach, but that's a misguided premise to begin with in order to pump up another agenda.  Keep trying though!

When asked if Pierce suffered a concussion before the play, Bradley answered, “I don’t know. I imagine so.”

You wont even acknowledge Bradley was clueless in regards to knowing the status of Pierce's health.

That is mind blowing Tim, deep down inside I hope you think differently. 

Quote:The league communicates to everybody including coaching staff regarding how the protocol was handled regarding concussed players, 

The league has observers at every game.  I'm aware of the protocol.  If his concussion wasn't caught by the observers paid to do so, or the medical staff paid to do so, how is this reckless coaching exactly?  The answer is, it's not.  You're simply trying to connect dots that don't exist in order to push another agenda.  There are other threads to complain about Gus in.  This one is completely baseless.

Quote:When asked if Pierce suffered a concussion before the play, Bradley answered, “I don’t know. I imagine so.”

You wont even acknowledge Bradley was clueless in regards to knowing the status of Pierce's health.

Feel free to provide Gus' medical credentials for him to make that call.  Again, keep flailing away here.  This isn't on Gus.  It's on the observers and the medical staff who didn't catch it.  But hey, "rabble rabble Gus sucks! rabble rabble" all you want.

When should we expect you to start a thread connecting Gus' coaching deficiencies to global warming or the turmoil in the middle east?  They have about as much relevance.

Quote:So we don't have enough real stuff to complain about, well just make[BAD WORD REMOVED]up.
Pretty much.

This whole 'take' is just a moronic premise.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I've got four words for Gus Bradley... "Win or get out"

He's coached them long enough to at least beat Tampa Bay. The loss was inexcusable.

Gus will be fired.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 01:35 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:So it's Gus' fault Blake threw a dangerous pass ro his slot reciever or that Pierce suffered a concussion that even he wasn't aware of when he got hit to cause it?

I'm fed up with the coaching too, but idk how those are Gus' fault.
You didnt know everything is Gus fault the dog takes a crap in the house its Gus fault 

Its his fault a kicker who the GM vouched for missed two kicks to win a game 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:When asked if Pierce suffered a concussion before the play, Bradley answered, “I don’t know. I imagine so.”

Happens every week in nearly every game. 

Coaches are not constantly up to the minute on injury status and players that are tough hide their symptoms from trainers and coaches. 

You are making a mountain chain out of a mole hill. 

Quote:Feel free to provide Gus' medical credentials for him to make that call.  Again, keep flailing away here.  This isn't on Gus.  It's on the observers and the medical staff who didn't catch it.  But hey, "rabble rabble Gus sucks! rabble rabble" all you want.

When should we expect you to start a thread connecting Gus' coaching deficiencies to global warming or the turmoil in the middle east?  They have about as much relevance.

Im not "flailing away" as you suggest. Just giving my honest opinion on how I feel. 

The answer he gave when initially asked about Pierce shows Gus has absolutely no grasp on communication and what's going on, Both from a competitive play and health standpoint. 

Tim, im talking to you man-to man. Do you think Gus should have given that statement?

Be honest Tim. 

Quote:Happens every week in nearly every game. 

Coaches are not constantly up to the minute on injury status and players that are tough hide their symptoms from trainers and coaches. 

You are making a mountain chain out of a mole hill. 

Your last sentence is the exact problem with this sentiment. 

Quote:Your last sentence is the exact problem with this sentiment. 

So Gus doing what every other coach does in these situations is creating a hazardous culture?  So we should re-title the thread as "NFL" instead of "Gus"? 

Or are you just making zero sense?

Man.

I am well aware that I ain't that smart, but I am totally lost in this thread. I think I'll just back out of here and go read something else.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!