Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yeldon is going to be a star

He might not ever be "special", but he is going to be a good NFL RB for a long time. He is so well rounded. He does a great job blocking for Bortles along with being a good receiver and runner. If the offensive line run blocked a little better, he would have so much better rushing stats.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I disagree. Foster is a great example. Extremely patient. I think the hardest thing for backs to learn is patience.

Patience is great if your line is creating holes, but he gets hit to often before cutting north and south when the line breaks down.

I am sure there is a pretty big adjustment going from the Bama line to the Jag line and it will get better, but he gets tackled for a loss more than any RB I can remember.

Isn't it a little premature to compare Yeldon to Foster?

Quote:Patience is great if your line is creating holes, but he gets hit to often before cutting north and south when the line breaks down.

I am sure there is a pretty big adjustment going from the Bama line to the Jag line and it will get better, but he gets tackled for a loss more than any RB I can remember.

Isn't it a little premature to compare Yeldon to Foster?

My comparison to Foster only has to do with style.  Foster does not have straight line speed, but has great vision and quickness.  They aren't the exact same, but I think Yeldon, for the most part, has gotten more than what the line has given.

Quote:Over 80 touches and one run over 20 yards. 3.6 per carry. Sorry he ain't Emmitt. He ain't even Lagarrett blount. Amazing NE gets these guys averaging over 4 yards a carry in their 20's.

So Yeldon may have speed but isn't football explosive, he isn't breaking any for 50,70 yards. His feet are not that fast, he has a fast shift of his hips and can sometimes make one player miss, but his footwork in the hole isn't great and is easily tripped up or brought down with an arm. Exact opposite of Emmitt Smith.

He ain't going to any pro bowls. Ever.
88 carries into Emmitt Smith's rookie season he was averaging a whopping.........

3.6 ypc.

It's a good thing Emmitt's career wasn't decided by his first 80 carries.

now i remember why i dont visit this board very often.  thanks banatha for reminding of the stupidity spewed in this forum.  i owe ya one.  now i need to stop wasting my time. 

Quote:Hey genius. He also isn't running behind the great wall of Dallas or even the Pats o-line. You do realize how poor our run blocking is right? There were times today when Yeldon barely got his hands on the ball and he had two or 3 defenders dragging him down. We have Beadles who got blown up all day and a rookie LG playing RG, not mention the average Luke Joeckel.
I thought we were built genius?

Quote:now i remember why i dont visit this board very often.  thanks banatha for reminding of the stupidity spewed in this forum.  i owe ya one.  now i need to stop wasting my time.
Quite welcome, hope you enjoyed your stay and will visit more often, we are having a "fan depression" thread started in the middle of January if that fits your schedule.

Quote:Over 80 touches and one run over 20 yards. 3.6 per carry. Sorry he ain't Emmitt. He ain't even Lagarrett blount. Amazing NE gets these guys averaging over 4 yards a carry in their 20's.

So Yeldon may have speed but isn't football explosive, he isn't breaking any for 50,70 yards. His feet are not that fast, he has a fast shift of his hips and can sometimes make one player miss, but his footwork in the hole isn't great and is easily tripped up or brought down with an arm. Exact opposite of Emmitt Smith.

He ain't going to any pro bowls. Ever.

Its amazing how New England has the greatest QB to ever play. I wonder if that has anything to do with their success at running the ball.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2015, 12:48 AM by Banatha.)

Not much to do with blounts success,, blount has averaged over 4 ypc at three  different teams. Somehow the patriots get these backs and receivers that fit the role. They don't always hit a homerun, but they do have pretty remarkable success at getting playmakers in for a few years who make a difference.

I don't even like them, but their personnel dept does a helluva job.

It does help the overall running game to have a great QB, but there are great backs that get stuck on average teams and you can still tell the RB has greatness.

MJD had some greatness, he never played with a star QB, and MJD wasn't going down with an arm tackle like Yeldon does. Not sure what some see in him.

The same with Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders, None played on great teams with great Quarterbacks but you knew right away they were the real deal.

Quote:I thought we were built genius?

And you believe it still?

Quote:The same with Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders, None played on great teams with great Quarterbacks but you knew right away they were the real deal.

Probably because they are Barry freaking Sanders and Bo Jackson. 2 upper echelon running backs who are few and far between. Guys who rarely ever come along.

Wasnt happy when we picked Yeldon but he has grown on me.Never going to be a home run threat but he is very solid. We needed RB big time and apart from Gurley and maybe Gordon he has looked the best in that draft.

He has a couple of runs where I can't even see the hole and he somehow slides through.

That's a great quality to have and he can make guys miss and make things happen in space.

He is however a different type of back to mjd and taylor, less physical and less likely to break a tackle meaning we will see negative plays from him.

As we seem to say every year if the line can hold up maybe we have something

Mm, Forster instills fear

Yeldon instills discipline

If you slip, he'll scorch

Take your pick

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Don't really know what we have with him yet. This offensive line isn't all that great. LT is still a huge question mark. Linder is out with Cann in his place. Parnell is still learning. It's not like he's a seasoned veteran with tons of starts under his belt. The Center position is okay. Can't say much about the other guard spot. I don't see any push up front though in the running game. And at some point. I think Olson needs to consider implementing a more consistent lead blocker with either Alualu or Gearhart to give him a remote chance of not getting met in the backfield. I've seen that WAY too many times this year. TJ will take barely two to three steps and BAM, he's already got a wolf or wolf pack on his back.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

He's clearly going to be a good running back. His problem has been the oline isnt blocking anyone. There have been several times when he's been hit immediately when handed the ball off, which isnt helping his ypc. I like how he runs, and he's able to pick up additional yards. 

if the line actually remotely blocked anyone the run game would vastly improve

I really like Yeldon but he's going to get killed if the OL keep failing at run blocking and have him into the hands of 2-3 defenders even before he gets to the LOS. 

Especially the left side was outrageous, the Corey Grant fumble is an exemple of how they were all over us, they almost got to the ball before the RB had it....unacceptable for a team who in preseason claimed of wanting to have a strong running game.

The potential is there. He deserves a better offensive line. 

Based off the eye test, he's the most talented back we have had since MJD. He won't break 70 yard runs too often, but he's a versatile back and he can play all 3 downs. And of course he won't make a pro bowl, he's a jaguars player. Fred Taylor didn't make one until his prime was almost over. To say Yeldon will or will not be a star player is jumping to an unnecessary conclusion
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:He's clearly going to be a good running back. His problem has been the oline isnt blocking anyone. There have been several times when he's been hit immediately when handed the ball off, which isnt helping his ypc. I like how he runs, and he's able to pick up additional yards.

if the line actually remotely blocked anyone the run game would vastly improve
This is true. I actually expected the line to be a strong run blocking unit. They have been pass protecting better than run blocking.
No commercial messages in sigs