Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Olson is a fine OC. We need to execute.

Not throwing the bubble screen every third play is a huge improvement.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I do wish Bortles did have some crutch plays. A rollout where he can set up a new pocket or bootleg screens would be nice to buy him more time overall.

I suppose since we don't see this often Olie is happy with Bortles decision making and progression reads.

The biggest problem I have with Olson is the lack of field stretching run plays. You can't just sit there and pound away at the interior line. Yeldon works best in space, so give it to him, let him run some of those sweeps and tosses you have designed for Shoelace.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:The biggest problem I have with Olson is the lack of field stretching run plays. You can't just sit there and pound away at the interior line. Yeldon works best in space, so give it to him, let him run some of those sweeps and tosses you have designed for Shoelace.

14 passing plays 20+ yards through 4 games, ranking 13th. 4 for 40+ which ranks 5th. 43 20 yard passing plays in 2014, which ranked 23rd. It's improving.

Quote:14 passing plays 20+ yards through 4 games, ranking 13th. 4 for 40+ which ranks 5th. 43 20 yard passing plays in 2014, which ranked 23rd. It's improving.

I think he means more along the lines of stretching the defense Horizontally. I mean, I disagree that they don't run plays to the edge but I think that's the point he's trying to make.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2015, 02:49 PM by Jagwired'd.)

Oops

Quote:I think he means more along the lines of stretching the defense Horizontally. I mean, I disagree that they don't run plays to the edge but I think that's the point he's trying to make.

That's right, however I really am not seeing these horizontal run plays. I'll have to look into it again but I feel like that might be a reason why we can't get anything going on the ground.

Flags and dropped balls have hurt us. If we could just catch that alone would help improve us so much(more than we already have improved)

Quote:Flags and dropped balls have hurt us. If we could just catch that alone would help improve us so much(more than we already have improved)

Very true statement.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Very true statement.

Yup. Cost us the Indy game and potentially the Carolina game
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I do wish Bortles did have some crutch plays. A rollout where he can set up a new pocket or bootleg screens would be nice to buy him more time overall.

I suppose since we don't see this often Olie is happy with Bortles decision making and progression reads.
?

No thanks. We have enough injuries without crutch plays.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:That's right, however I really am not seeing these horizontal run plays. I'll have to look into it again but I feel like that might be a reason why we can't get anything going on the ground.

Fair enough. I don't know the exact ratio of running plays inside versus outside, but it does seem that there are a lot of inside runs. Not sure Yeldon is the guy who can take it to the outside consistently.

I'd like to see Bortles run it more often. I think Bortles got like 20 yards on a fake hand-off against the Colts, and they weren't expecting it at all. We probably could've abused that more since they were biting on TJ every play.

You have to win the edge to run horizontally. Lewis has been a negative as a blocker this year. Young is not good enough to hold the end. Joekel actually can (he is better at run blocking than pass blocking) but has been hurt.

On top of that, you're receivers have to block well, and they are average at best. The best blocking WR was lost for the season during training camp.

I actually wanted them to do the trick the Patriots often do, which is line up a 3rd offensive tackle as a TE. However with Joekel banged up and Wells and now Linder basically done for they year, they don't exactly have bodies to that do that. Once Joekel is healthly, maybe they could look try it with Shatley, even though he is a guard, Pull Joekel around Shatley try to hold the end. 

I'd to see more of the read option (play action off read option) around the goal line/in the redzone, this would take pressure off this young offense as it doesn't (yet) have the passing precision to be a consistently productive red zone unit. The Jaguars offense is actually pretty productive from a yards standpoint (which is impressive considering JT & ML have been out) and has a chance to be one of the better units in the league if they can start scoring touchdowns.

I do want to see Blake use his legs more often and use the read option, however I also dont want to see him break a leg or something Undecided

I know they are both listed at 6'5" 245 lbs, but Cam seems bigger on TV than Blake does to me. I don't know how comfortable I'd be with him risking his body like that. I think we'll see improvement in the red zone this week. They've made it a focus aparently in practice and Julius should be back the following week against Houston.

They're limiting his exposure for obvious reasons. Bortles is really one of the few brightspots, risking injury would result in everyone being fired. Season is already painful enough, don't need to add Henne to the mix

Cam is a cyborg

imagine how Cam would look if he didn't have the extra 40 pounds around his midsection in the form of a military flak jacket