Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texas transgender wrestler wins state championship

I think he/she did want to wrestle against the boys...but the school wouldn't let he/she.

Have you seen my baseball?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Here is my thing, if this kid has ''identified''male, then why would this kid not want to compete against males? You can't have it both ways. Want to be a male? Compete against males. It is a no brainer. This is how backwards thinking people are today, this includes everyone who looked into the appeal and said it was ok for him to compete in the female tournament, on juice.

He wants to compete against males but the Texas commission says athletes must perform against the gender they were born as.

Quote:Here is my thing, if this kid has ''identified''male, then why would this kid not want to compete against males? You can't have it both ways. Want to be a male? Compete against males. It is a no brainer. This is how backwards thinking people are today, this includes everyone who looked into the appeal and said it was ok for him to compete in the female tournament, on juice.

You didn't read the article.

The kid wants to wrestle in the Men's division. They won't let him.

Quote:When I wrestled it was coed the girls had to compete against the boys if they wanted to wrestle.

We had one on our team she was a few weight classes below me and she quit about a quarter into the preseason training, can't blame her she didn't stand much of a chance. There was one girl that hung around but she was older than me and used to just help coach on the weekends she was a [BAD WORD REMOVED] and she was hawt. Could kick your [BAD WORD REMOVED] hawt.

Andy Kaufman is turning over in his grave.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Ballsy move

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

State shouldn't get to decide.

Juiced transitioning boy should definitely have to compete against other boys or no one at all.

Quote:You didn't read the article.

The kid wants to wrestle in the Men's division. They won't let him.

Irrelevant. She is taking performance-enhancing testosterone. Disqualified from both divisions.

Quote:Irrelevant. She is taking performance-enhancing testosterone. Disqualified from both divisions.

Not to the point that I responded to.

Maybe so. If it is then fine by me.

Quote:Irrelevant. She is taking performance-enhancing testosterone. Disqualified from both divisions.

If his testosterone levels are on a regular level to guys his age then its fine. He'd still be at a big disadvantage to everyone due to him changing from a girls frame and biology to a guys.

He/She should protest until he/she gets his/her own separate he/she wrestling division.

Have you seen my baseball?

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2017, 01:44 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:If his testosterone levels are on a regular level to guys his age then its fine. He'd still be at a big disadvantage to everyone due to him changing from a girls frame and biology to a guys.

How is regular defined? Natural? Some boys have naturally high testosterone, while some have low. Are the boys with lower-than-regular testosterone also allowed to take testosterone so they can be "regular"? Should we just take the genetic gift of athleticism out of sports entirely since it is unfair as well?

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2017, 01:53 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:How is regular defined? Natural? Some boys have naturally high testosterone, while some have low. Are the boys with lower-than-regular testosterone also allowed to take testosterone so they can be "regular"? Should we just take the genetic gift of athleticism out of sports entirely since it is unfair as well?
The average level of testosterone. Do you think he would have an advantage over other boys if his testosterone was within the average levels the commission sets?

Not too pushed if he isn't allowed fight against the other boys because of the testosterone treatment. He just shouldn't be allowed to compete if that's the case.

Quote:The average level of testosterone. Do you think he would have an advantage over other boys if his testosterone was within the average levels the commission sets?

She is taking a drug to achieve testosterone higher than other competitors. So yes, it is an advantage. Every normal competitor is not going to magically have the level of testosterone the commission sets. Some boys will have naturally lower testosterone than what the commission sets and will then be disadvantaged to the performance-enhancer-using shemale.

The solution is simple. Don't allow performance-enhancing drugs. Period. Why throw the whole system into chaos for a super-minority? Are you going to let low-T boys take testosterone to meet "commission standards"?

Quote:She is taking a drug to achieve testosterone higher than other competitors. So yes, it is an advantage. Every normal competitor is not going to magically have the level of testosterone the commission sets. Some boys will have naturally lower testosterone than what the commission sets and will then be disadvantaged to the performance-enhancer-using shemale.

The solution is simple. Don't allow performance-enhancing drugs. Period. Why throw the whole system into chaos for a super-minority? Are you going to let low-T boys take testosterone to meet "commission standards"?

All fair points and I don't have any real arguments to any of them. Taking T is perfectly acceptable grounds to ban someone from competing.

Personally I feel if he's within the normal threshold for testosterone he still wouldn't be at an advantage as a competitor due to him naturally being a female with a female frame and biology for the most part.

I'd probably feel a good bit different if my kid lost to him in a wrestling match though

Quote:She is taking a drug to achieve testosterone higher than other competitors. So yes, it is an advantage. 

That's my point, the testosterone is administered to give her/him higher levels than he/she would normally/naturally have. It has no bearing or relationship to any other competitor, only to his/her own natural levels which are being artificially elevated, and that would be a violation of the rules for any other competitor.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I'd probably feel a good bit different if my kid lost to him in a wrestling match though

Flip it the other way where a guy is changing via hormone treatments. Should he be permitted to compete on the girls tennis or soccer team? How would you feel if a 200lb boy went cleats up into your 105lb daughter's legs? I'd be livid pissed.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:He wants to compete against males but the Texas commission says athletes must perform against the gender they were born as.

Quote:Andy Kaufman is turning over in his grave.
Yup, I ended up reading after posting. Problem lies with the powers that be. No way they should've allowed that while taking testosterone. 

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

They should have let him compete against the boys.  Supplemental testosterone when proven medically necessary is not cheating.  (Which is why they allowed him to compete in the first place).  He shouldn't be forced to quit the sport just because the laws won't let him try out for the boys team.  In fact by not quitting, maybe he makes way for the law to change.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Flip it the other way where a guy is changing via hormone treatments. Should he be permitted to compete on the girls tennis or soccer team? How would you feel if a 200lb boy went cleats up into your 105lb daughter's legs? I'd be livid [BAD WORD REMOVED].

I'd be incredibly angry , I'd want the guy removed from the game or banned from playing.