Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Johnathan Cyprien finally turning the corner?

Played pretty good. He leaves his feet a little too much for me. But there were times he had a chance at an open field tackle and he made them. I was happy to see that. He has never lacked any passion for the game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 08:39 PM by ibjagged.)

I hope he is and I hope its contageous

He's "All gas.... No brakes"

He'll probably get injured again, but hopefully not.

This was the 1st week where he caught my eye for something other than being grossly out of position.  He needs to be more consistent.  

Gene's Myth

Yeah hes doing a great job of letting his guy catch the ball then tackling them.

Quote:Yeah hes doing a great job of letting his guy catch the ball then tackling them.
You add nothing to any topic that you post in besides your snarky attitude. Just go away.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Weird that as soon as we start getting decent FS play that Cyprien starts looking better.

Hoping he only gets better.

Quote:He's "All gas.... No brakes"
boys a thumper... wuddya expect

Quote:Weird that as soon as we start getting decent FS play that Cyprien starts looking better.

It's almost as if having better players around you may help you look better as well.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:It's almost as if having better players around you may help you look better as well.
amen

~richard sherman

Kudos to the op for starting this topic. There's another thread about firing Caldwell, and as I was driving to work I was thinking about Caldwell's picks, cyp's play this season immediately jumped into my mind.

He's looking like a very good 2nd round pick. I hope he confined l continues to progress, he could be a pro bowler at this rate.

but he's just another failed Caldwell pick because he isn't Kam Chancellor

Quote:Kudos to the op for starting this topic. There's another thread about firing Caldwell, and as I was driving to work I was thinking about Caldwell's picks, cyp's play this season immediately jumped into my mind.

He's looking like a very good 2nd round pick. I hope he confined l continues to progress, he could be a pro bowler at this rate.

Compared to the rest of that round from that draft, he's looking good.

;

;

Bell and Lacy were in that round.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Bell and Lacy were in that round.
And we had more pressing needs than RB at the time....

We didn't have the luxury of spending a high 2nd round pick on a RB when we were still really bad pretty much everywhere else

[quote name="mricarus" post="572938" timestamp="1444241305"]

And we had more pressing needs than RB at the time....

We didn't have the luxury of spending a high 2nd round pick on a RB when we were still really bad pretty much everywhere else[/quote

I don't think getting a player like lacy or bell is a "luxury" at all.... Those players would've made anyone in the league better, including us
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:And we had more pressing needs than RB at the time....

We didn't have the luxury of spending a high 2nd round pick on a RB when we were still really bad pretty much everywhere else
You don't need the luxury to pick a RB. Did you not see what MJD did for this team back in the day? We had bad (BAD) rosters and we were still able to win games because of him. Having a high powered offense can get you really far in this league. I'm happy with Cyprien at the moment, but I'm confident that Lacy or Bell would've won us the game last week, and against the Panthers. Our run game has been a bit weak, and those guys were very good right off the bat.

Quote:Bell and Lacy were in that round.

The only two players in that draft selected after Cyprien that have made a Pro Bowl.