Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Boselli on 1010xl

Quote:Anyone listening to him right now? I love Tony but you'd think we were 4-0 right now. "Every other game is a coin-flip game"? Come on Tony really, The Atlanta Falcons are a Coin-flip game? If the Jags are better why did we lose to the Clots? Tony "Sunshine Boselli" at it again

Didn't he specifically say the Falcons were the one game that wasn't a coin flip?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

DIdnt listen to it so I cant really argue without the context however I agree in the sense that we'll be in most games at the end.  Aside from the Patriots game which was a complete joke, I dont get the same feeling I did the previous few years where most likely the game would be over by the end of the 3rd quarter if not halftime.  I think we'll be in most games to the very end.  And in that sense it is a coin flip.  We'll be right there most games and will eek out some wins here or there like we did against the Dolphins.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 10:49 AM by JAXsonVIL.)

What happened to people being cool with "not getting blown out every game"?

If you heard Tony pumping sunshine yesterday, then I either question your intelligence or you are so emotional you lack rationality which I understand. I've had it too with the bad football.

Quote:And yet, if one of those FGs had been good, then we would be 2-2 and atop the division and the rebuild would be right on schedule, and people would be all enthused about our prospects.  

"Look, we haven't even played well, we don't even have half our players, and yet we are in first place!  Gus and Dave are geniuses!"  
No, no I wouldn't.  I would have said jeez playing not to lose and we barely avoided losing to the backup quarterback.  Good thing Luck wasn't in there.

I don't have a problem with the team employees and their views.  I can turn it off, not click on the link or in general avoid it.  I like the message boards because it is the fan view point.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:What happened to people being cool with "not getting blown out every game"?
Gus and Dave said the team was built, so expectations escalated to playoffs for some here.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Gus and Dave said the team was built, so expectations escalated to playoffs for some here.

I guess so

I didn't hear Boselli on the radio this morning, but he sure as heck wasn't pumping any sunshine last night on the radio program.  This notion that he's required to be positive about the team because he is in the radio booth is silly.  He's a former player.  He's never going to shred the team the way the keyboard courageous demand on this board.  But, he's been critical.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Gus and Dave said the team was built, so expectations escalated to playoffs for some here.

I didn't expect playoffs. Certainly not from that quote. I expected a 6-8 win season, and quite possibly expected it to come off a 1-3 start.

But you know what? Losing that game against the Colts was inexcusable. I don't think the team is half as bad as some of the fans here do, but I still feel that something has to be done after that game.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 11:38 AM by Eye of the Storm.)

Not our fault that Gus's mouth is writing checks that his team can't cash.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:I didn't expect playoffs. Certainly not from that quote. I expected a 6-8 win season, and quite possibly expected it to come off a 1-3 start.

But you know what? Losing that game against the Colts was inexcusable. I don't think the team is half as bad as some of the fans here do, but I still feel that something has to be done after that game.

I am on record for 6-10 with an 0-4 start so I am ahead of schedule. We added 2 NFL starters from last year 3-13 record. Get real people.

Quote:Not our fault that Gus's mouth is writing checks that his team can't cash.
But it is your fault for hearing the words and making more of them than what was actually said. 

Quote:I didn't expect playoffs. Certainly not from that quote. I expected a 6-8 win season, and quite possibly expected it to come off a 1-3 start.

Losing the game stings.  But, it's just one game and there are 12 more to go.  A lot can happen.  I'm not sure what you want to happen this week, but if it's a coaching change, good luck with that.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 11:51 AM by badger.)

The only thing that needs to be done is better preparation by the coaches and players.  Firing staff just to say, "he look we did something" is stupid and pointless.

Firing is for the offseason or late in the year when the season is practically over.  Not week 4.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 11:56 AM by Eye of the Storm.)

Quote:But it is your fault for hearing the words and making more of them than what was actually said.
And how exactly am I supposed to construe these words?

"Bradley said as much during the team’s annual kickoff luncheon earlier this month, when he said he told his players during a meeting just before training camp that the objective was to build a team that owns the AFC South.

"It’s built, and it’s time, and our players need to have that mentality," he said."

We lost to a divisional opponent playing their 40 year old back-up. It's clear to me that either the team isn't "built" or the players don't have the right mentality. Which is it?
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:Not our fault that Gus's mouth is writing checks that his team can't cash.

The team is built. That doesn't mean it's fully developed. I would expect all but a handful of the current starters (if you count the currently injured guys) will still be starters next year. 

Quote:Losing the game stings.  But, it's just one game and there are 12 more to go.  A lot can happen.  I'm not sure what you want to happen this week, but if it's a coaching change, good luck with that.

I don't know exactly what I want. I know it isn't a coaching change, and I've been very consistent in saying that. We could go 1-15 and I'd still not really want a coaching change before the end of the season - not because that change wouldn't be needed, but because that's when it makes sense to make that change.

But something needs to change. Because this team is consistently underperforming, and it's consistently underperforming in the same ways. There absolutely is all the talent there when this team is healthy. But even when everything in in their favour, they're still failing to score, they're still coming out flat in the second half, they're still finding ways to lose games.

And it's not just one game. We've seen the same in three of the four games this season, and not much more in the fourth. What needs to be done? That's one for Gus. But there's got to be something to try. Because playing the same way for the rest of the season is going to result in a coaching change.

Quote:I don't know exactly what I want. I know it isn't a coaching change, and I've been very consistent in saying that. We could go 1-15 and I'd still not really want a coaching change before the end of the season - not because that change wouldn't be needed, but because that's when it makes sense to make that change.

But something needs to change. Because this team is consistently underperforming, and it's consistently underperforming in the same ways. There absolutely is all the talent there when this team is healthy. But even when everything in in their favour, they're still failing to score, they're still coming out flat in the second half, they're still finding ways to lose games.

And it's not just one game. We've seen the same in three of the four games this season, and not much more in the fourth. What needs to be done? That's one for Gus. But there's got to be something to try. Because playing the same way for the rest of the season is going to result in a coaching change.

What you are seeing is a direct result of Gus's flawed philosophy of "creating a stress free , comfortable environment" for multi-million dollar athletes. When Jimmy Johnson gutted and rebuilt the Cowboys do you think the environment was comfortable? Or Bill Parcells with the Giants, Patriots and Jets? When Coughlin was tasked with building an expansion team from scratch was he not (and still) a taskmaster? Gus's approach to coaching is soft and his team is a reflection of that.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

I still think the falcons have something wrong with them that hasnt been exploited yet. Im shocked they are 4-0. Doesnt mean we wont screw up once we play them tho.

Quote:What happened to people being cool with "not getting blown out every game"?
Its year 3. Gus and Dave said thats when we will begin to compete. I'm pretty sure they didnt mean compete with a 40 year old back up and lose.

IDK how you can act like the sun is still shining and everything is fine but when you get back to reality u'll see there's a lot wrong

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators