Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
STOP WHINING 11 TEAMS MUCH WORSE THAN JAGUARS

Quote:Unless he's only 8 years old they have . . .

You never know around here. I've read some posts that look like they could have come from someone 8 or under.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You never know around here. I've read some posts that look like they could have come from someone 8 or under.

Fair enough.

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

The Pats loss was embarrassing and the Colts loss hurt.  But, I thought this team was going to be 0-4 to start the season.  With the Miami win, the record is slightly better than thought at this point.   

Quote:So other teams are historically bad so we should be happy to be in that group too. Got it.

Lol what a tragic thread.

Now we are comparing ourselves with other losing franchises to feel better.

Nah man. Year 3. We need results bro.

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

Lol Bengals are 4-0 and have been to 4 straight post seasons.

Not sure how they're worse than us.

Dumb.

Quote:Lol Bengals are 4-0 and have been to 4 straight post seasons.

Not sure how they're worse than us.

Dumb.
Loser mentality tryna find any way to make this disaster not look as bad as it is

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

Quote:The Pats loss was embarrassing and the Colts loss hurt.  But, I thought this team was going to be 0-4 to start the season.  With the Miami win, the record is slightly better than thought at this point.   

Contract extensions for all!

One of these years.............

I get your point, but this is a poor barometer of the current relative strengths of these teams.  At least five of those teams currently have better records than the Jaguars.  Some of these teams just went to the playoffs last year.

My post is not about this year it is about the state of the franchise. I get everyone is sick of things right now. I am too. We are getting better unfortunately slower than everyone would like. DC, GB, SK all decided to blow the roster up and no other franchise has done this before. NFL expansions have not gone this route since 1976 and what you are experiencing with Jags right now is why. It takes much longer and is much more difficult to rebuild NFL roster without quality NFL starting veterans. Technically the Jags only added two JT and JO since last season when Jags went 3-13. Most fans are expecting more out of this roster than is possible. Jags are not going to get better until basic football mistakes(missed assignments, missed blocks, missed tackles, stupid penalties, etc) The point I was making with list is overall(not this year) there are NFL teams who by the standard of winning a playoff game are worse than Jags. Some are going backwards and their teams are not getting better. 

Ya gotta define what "much worse" means. Jags are 1-3. Bucs are 1-3. Both teams are in similar situations, as far as infrastructure needs.

Quote:No but I am saying that it is worse that what Blake said about fans being kindergartners and I am saying suck it up and quit crying like a bunch of babies but looks like a lot of you here can't take out your pacifier 
I wouldn't be a sports fan if I was content with what you're saying we should be content with.  I want 31 teams to be worse than us in one year.  That's why i'm a sports fan.  

Quote:You never know around here. I've read some posts that look like they could have come from someone 8 or under.

Well...we DO likely have kindergartners here.  (Thanks Blake)

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I wouldn't be a sports fan if I was content with what you're saying we should be content with.  I want 31 teams to be worse than us in one year.  That's why i'm a sports fan.  

I am too that is why I buy season tickets how about the rest of you posers.

the OP gave me cancer

Quote:I am too that is why I buy season tickets how about the rest of you posers.
Well I live 1800 miles away so it's not really feasible for me to buy season tickets.  But if I had the means, you better believe I would be right there with you.  Except i'd be cheering for wins, not for being just as bad as 11 other historically bad teams.  

Quote:Have the Jags?

I'm happy to say mummy now let's me cross the road on my own but I can't get into a strangers car... Unless it's a limousine

That being said the Jags have never won a playoff game since I've been a fan

I became a fan in 2010 and started paying true attention in 2011... So yeah I've never seen us have a winning season.

Rampant sado masachism and repentant flogging wasn't enough punishment for me

Quote:I'm happy to say mummy now let's me cross the road on my own but I can't get into a strangers car... Unless it's a limousine

That being said the Jags have never won a playoff game since I've been a fan

I became a fan in 2010 and started paying true attention in 2011... So yeah I've never seen us have a winning season.

Rampant sado masachism and repentant flogging wasn't enough punishment for me

You Brits and your fetishizes. :-)
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 01:21 PM by jagherd.)

Quote:The Bengals have not won a playoff game in my lifetime

Buzzing
Lol.

Well, they have been to the playoffs 6 times (3 home games - 3 away games) in the past ten years.

Marvin Lewis is an 0-6 playoff coach. Seriously, no matter how great/dominant they look this year, if they lose yet another playoff game, he should be gone. That would make him 0-7!

That said. Even though they falter in the playoffs, they sure are competitive and fun to go watch live. In the past couple years, I've seen them in Cincy destroy the Colts, defeat the Broncos, defeat the Patriots, defeat the Packers, and play countless exciting games against the AFCN.

They have stayed very competitive. Just getting to the playoffs every season from a division that also houses the Ravens and Steelers is not an easy task.

The Jags can only dream of being that competitive the past few years (and they play in the terrible AFCS).

IF the Jags were that competitive, I'd take it every single year.

Quote:Lol.

Well, they have been to the playoffs 6 times (3 home games - 3 away games) in the past ten years.

Marvin Lewis is an 0-6 playoff coach. Seriously, no matter how great/dominant they look this year, if they lose yet another playoff game, he should be gone. That would make him 0-7!

That said. Even though they falter in the playoffs, they sure are competitive and fun to go watch live. In the past couple years, I've seen them in Cincy destroy the Colts, defeat the Broncos, defeat the Patriots, defeat the Packers, and play countless exciting games against the AFCN.

They have stayed very competitive. Just getting to the playoffs every season from a division that also houses the Ravens and Steelers is not an easy task.

The Jags can only dream of being that competitive the past few years (and they play in the terrible AFCS).

IF the Jags were that competitive, I'd take it every single year.

This is the irony

I think we all would

Until we get there

Then we would be whining that we can't win a playoff game... I mean when we were being blown out it was just I want us to be competitive and tbh thats ok

We want more is a state of mind for any fan and thats why i stay out of the fire threads because in my experience the grass is about as green on the other side as it is right here.

Bradley might not be a good head coach but I can't see things getting better from blowing it all up and giving our young talent another new system to learn.

I don't know if that's pessimism or optimism but it's just the way I see it