Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Conspiracy Theory

Quote:[Image: 1DNuv2t.jpg]

This just in Rick Flair is more of an actor than he is an actual wrestler.... Football is rigged for the bookies.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It was the Cubans and the mafia.. they were working with a rogue faction of the CIA. Wait.. what are we talking about?
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Yep. And the NFL came down on him and had him apologize. It happens tho. They penalized us like 65 yards on that one TD they had. It was ridiculous. Especially the personal fouls. No reason for that. Let them play.

Meh all of the penalties on that drive were "right" though, hard to say it's a conspiracy when we were actually performing those penalties. 

Quote:It was the Cubans and the mafia.. they were working with a rogue faction of the CIA. Wait.. what are we talking about?

In the grassy knoll?

That wind thing at the clot stadium was annoying...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Last year we were the least penalized team in the NFL.

Seattle was the most penalized.

You need to change your name to Senor Fact-tastico...

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 10:45 AM by Legal American.)

Quote:I think some *players* get preferential treatment from the refs, this happens in all professional sports.  I don't think particular teams do.  If that were the case and it was systemic, then surely it would have been exposed by now.  The kick was caught by the wind which the announcers said was blowing at the time.  Teams don't mind using the elements to help themselves from time to time and there's nothing wrong with that.
You're probably right, but i'm not so convinced that teams don't have a reason for not "exposing" a potential bias.  Again, I am not convinced this happens in the NFL, but I certainly am convinced that it happens in the NBA.  Think of it this way: Cleveland makes a big to do about LeBron leaving for Miami.  His leaving, draws TONS of global attention to the NBA.  He wins a few titles in Miami, and while he's gone the league gives the Cavs THREE #1 picks (astronomically unlikely), and the Cavs get stacked through the draft just in time for a proven prodigal son LeBron to return to his throne in his hometown.  The league needs their most relevant teams in big markets to win.  Otherwise, people lose interest and the league loses money.  Look at what teams have won championships in the last 30 years in the NBA.  ALL larger markets aside from San Antonio.  So that disproves my theory, right?  Wrong!  San Antonio had the most diverse team in terms of foreign born players.  During a time where the league is desperate to increase interest in other countries, and suddenly San Antonio dominates.

I know this is a theory and could very well be false, but time after time things seem shady in the NBA.  Chris Paul traded to the Lakers.  Stern says no, and sends him to the Clippers essentially.  Then the Lakers get Steve Nash immediately after when Nash had said one year before that he'd never wear a Laker jersey.  

There is a lot of money to be made in pro sports, and when the league is popular and making money, so do the owners of all the teams.  Money talks, and exposing corruption would not only destroy the yearly profits for owners, but it would also destroy the value in their franchise currently.  No millionaire or billionaire would complain about getting screwed when it means losing 600 million dollars on their franchise. 

Nice work Legal American and I agree.  Just spend a few minutes looking at FIFA.  That type of thing is being reflected in super bowl site selection now.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.