Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Surprising stats

Gus is big on executing well every game but the offense isn't executing [BLEEP]. We are averaging 15 points per game so far this year. The preparation for the games needs help.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:nice deflection.

tell us, who is responsible for the players being undisciplined?
Themselves, they are paid proffesionals.

and by your logic, no coach should ever be fired because #players Not true.

lest you forget that Gus proclaimed that the roster was built,  Built and experienced are two different things.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

hahahahaha

Quote:Awkward moment when you look at the NFL passing leaders and Blake bottles is 10th in yards, above both Peyton manning and Aaron Rodgers

Look back at the stats of the game yesterday, and the two where the Jaguars didn't win.

Penalties (Jaguars 13 for 92 yards) vs. (Colts 4 for 45 yards)

Field goals (Jaguars 2 for 4) vs. (Colts 3 for 3)

The Jaguars won in just about every other statistical category including passing yards, rushing yards, time of possession, turnovers, etc.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Bortles is a huge part of the problem. In the 3rd quarters of games this year, he has barely managed to complete 52% of his passes, 6.4 YPA, 68.8 QB rating. In the 4th quarters, he completes a pathetic 44% of his passes, 4.9 YPA 57.9 QB rating. In 4th quarter games where the team is within 7 points (as in, they aren't in garbage time), he only manages to complete 40% of his passes, 4.4 YPA 54.2 QB rating. So absolutely he is part of the problem. As I mentioned in another thread, when the pressure is on and the snaps become meaningful, Bortles wilts.

Hell even in the OT loss to the Colts he only completed 1/6 passes for 14 yards. 
Bacon love the stats you noticed no one can dispute facts. We will keep hearing the Bottles improvement trolls soon

Quote:Could it be because we're behind and we get garbage time yards?  

Obviously not. At Indy Bortles was great in the first half (Allen Hurns had 10 catches for 107 yards), but for some reason was not very good in the second half. You must have not watched the Colts game.

Also, IIRC we were leading at halftime against Miami. The game was so close because our defensive linemen rarely got to Ryan Tannehill.

Yeah, those second half numbers are troubling. I don't care what the sheet says, he goes into a shell in the second half.

Quote:Yeah, those second half numbers are troubling. I don't care what the sheet says, he goes into a shell in the second half.
so lets ignore the first half right? 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Bortles also second in the league in passes over 40 yds 

[Image: giphy.gif]

He wilts under pressure...Until he leads his team into scoring position for game winning field goals...
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:Awkward moment when you look at the NFL passing leaders and Blake bottles is 10th in yards, above both Peyton manning and Aaron Rodgers

Yeah too bad the most important stat of them all is 1-3 record.

15.4, 15.6, 15.5. Those are the PPG stats per season under Gus Bradley. those are, realistically, the only stats that matter, and there has been ZERO improvement there

You had me look it up and WoW Andy Dalton is having a really good start to this season huh?

Quote:You had me look it up and WoW Andy Dalton is having a really good start to this season huh?
No primetime games yet.... just wait

Quote:As much as I love making valid points (and the occasional bit of trolling) I'm gonna have to be done with this board I think. I don't know where the optimistic few of you are coming from, but I'm sure you're lovely people.

It has been fun debating and what not. In reality though, this franchise finds itself in dire straights yet again. We're almost back to square one. A team with marginal talent, an uncertain qb situation, and a battered head coach. Maybe one day we will put it all together, but it is becoming more and more evident that, at the very least, Gus isn't the guy to lead this team going forward.

Haley/ Hue Jackson 2016.

Take Care

Quote:15.4, 15.6, 15.5. Those are the PPG stats per season under Gus Bradley. those are, realistically, the only stats that matter, and there has been ZERO improvement there
You lied.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Yeah too bad the most important stat of them all is 1-3 record.

Don't forget the most important stat everyone is going to get a participation trophy at the end of season so nobodies feelings are hurt It is called James Harrison Award

Bortles completion percentage is highly skewed because of all the drops. I don't think he cares about his completion percentage which I'm completely fine with, he does what the team asks of him. He is 27th in passer rating but like 16th in QBR. If Bortles had a better team/coaching staff he'd be a star already. If Arizona had gotten him at 20th overall last year (Bruce Arians thought he was the only franchise QB in that draft) he would look like the second coming right now guarantee it. Truth of the matter is if this team as a whole didn't have sorry second halves Bortles would be a top 5 QB this year if his second half numbers were even anything close to his first half numbers.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Let's not act like opposing defenses aren't adjusting at halftime to take away the outside throws to Hurns and Robinson.

Theoretically, that would live the middle-of-the-field passes open to Lee, Greene, and Thomas. Oh wait. I guess y'all all expect ole Stonehands Lewis to all of a sudden become a reliable threat in the middle of the field.

The reason Blake doesn't target Lewis more is because he doesn't trust him, that's perfectly reasonable and sound logic to me. But then again, I've been watching Lewis since he was drafted.  

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

Quote:Let's not act like opposing defenses aren't adjusting at halftime to take away the outside throws to Hurns and Robinson.

Theoretically, that would live the middle-of-the-field passes open to Lee, Greene, and Thomas. Oh wait. I guess y'all all expect ole Stonehands Lewis to all of a sudden become a reliable threat in the middle of the field.

The reason Blake doesn't target Lewis more is because he doesn't trust him, that's perfectly reasonable and sound logic to me. But then again, I've been watching Lewis since he was drafted.

And the coaches on our squad don't adjust either

Quote:15.4, 15.6, 15.5. Those are the PPG stats per season under Gus Bradley. those are, realistically, the only stats that matter, and there has been ZERO improvement there

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding!  This should be the biggest indictment on the current regime.

Go back 2 additional seasons and you find that in Mularkey's year, we averaged 15.9 PPG.  In Jack's last year, we averaged 15.2 PPG.

We've been watching the same crappy offense for 5 years now.  And you wonder why fans are at their breaking point.

One of these years.............