Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Team not as bad as you think

and yeldon isn't getting it done at either end of the field .

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This teams has the most talented roster it's had in years. Two young good WRs (Hurns and ARob), 2 good young RBs (Yeldon and DRob), a top tier TE (Thomas), a good young QB, a decent OLine and a decent defense.

Sure we've been unlucky with injuries (most teams have 1 or 2 starters on the injury report, we have 5 or 6 usually) but it's still not good enough, we had so many chances to win that game yesterday but we basically handed the clots the game.

I'll have what he's having to drink.  We have crap for talent and the only reason we think it's good is because it's better than the stinkier crap we had the last 3 years.  Our roster is not as good as we think it is.

One of these years.............

Quote:I'll have what he's having to drink.  We have crap for talent and the only reason we think it's good is because it's better than the stinkier crap we had the last 3 years.  Our roster is not as good as we think it is.

There is real possibility with this type of statement being true.  We will see it unfold more as the season wears on.  Honestly that game was boring and awful.  Seeing a team without their starting quarterback held bellow there average point production and you put up zero points in the second half and over time?

It is nice to see some improvement from the young guys on offense and I do know it will take time to work things out but I'm very weary about the game planning.  I get the milk the clock and keep the other team off the field strategy being installed because they thought Luck would play, but this team seriously doesn't have any expanded plays or anything to go to when the going gets tough.

You aren't winning in this league if you can't execute and you play everything close to the vest.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Only one td will get u beat

should a won this one, no reason not to, they had a backup QB and we had our chances, good chances

Why does young equal better all the sudden? 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Not as bad as we think?

Did you watch this game? Did you know how the Colts have played WITH Luck? Now a QB who threw 50 some passes in two piss years?

Many will throw out Scobees bad start in Pitts, but my gut tells me he wins this game.

Coaching is bad. Gus was asked after the game if he had any concerns...he says. NONE ! NONE? Clearly delusional.

The loss to the Titans in the post season was the dagger in our hearts and hurt.

This loss was just plain infuriating..a dagger in the gut...then twisted.
Blakes Life Matters

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 08:50 AM by StitchJones.)

yes, they are.

If the NFL changed the rules so that each quarter was 7 minutes and 30 seconds, we'd probably be super bowl contenders....

For 30 minutes our team is world beaters...  

I just realized, we'd still wet the bed in the 2nd half, even with shorter quarters...  No adjustments...  

OK, new rule...  Make the Game stop after the 2nd Quarter.  No more 3rd or 4th Quarters, and this team is in the playoffs...  No doubt in my mind.

I do not believe the players on this team are bad. The backups are bad. The starters are fine, they just can't stay healthy. We can't seem to have all of our starters on the field at the same time. If we did, we wouldn't lose much. Since we are rebuilding still, the team is not deep. Some of the backups can perform, but others deserve to be, at the highest, on a practice squad. That goes for Myers too. He needs to be replaced. The NFL is a business. I hate that so much investment goes into players that are liked because they have a great approach or attitude. Blaine had a good attitude as well. He was first in to practice and watched a lot of film but he still sucked. Kickers are a dime a dozen and cheap.

;

;

I followed Blake Bortles through his college days. I live 3 miles from UCF. I was hoping that the Bucs picked him up.

The kid doesn't KNOW quit. He's the kind of player that knows how to win.

Quote:Sorry, but the Jags should have easily beat the clots today. I thought they were the worst team in the NFL, guess i was wrong since they just beat the Jags with their retirement home team.

I took a look at several power rankings today. Despite dominating the Colts in the stats and losing primariliy due to penalties and missed kicks, the Colts are typically ranked between 11 and 16 (I have them 17), and the Jaguars between 27 and 32 (I have them 25 along with nfl.com as the lone exception).

'02

Quote: That goes for Myers too. He needs to be replaced. The NFL is a business.

Give the rookie a chance to learn from this and gain experience. If he starts to look like the Bucs kicker the past two weeks, this might be our only option, but with that leg of his he just might develop into one of the greats.

'02

You are what your record says you are. We're 1 - 3 for a reason. Should we be 3 - 1? Probably. But we're not. And that's because this team can't get out of it's own way at times.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:You are what your record says you are. We're 1 - 3 for a reason. Should we be 3 - 1? Probably. But we're not. And that's because this team can't get out of it's own way at times.

Bad teams find way to lose winnable games. The Jags do that constantly. They are a bad team, sadly. Hopefully they can turn it around starting Sunday. If not, its over bruddas.

Keeping the record in context, we've faced the following in the 1st 4 games:

-The Defending Super Bowl Champ

-3 Defending Division Champs

The losses come from teams with a winning culture.  Regretfully, The Jags haven't had that in a very long time.

On the bright side, we're pretty competitive when considering the following:

Missing or recent injuries to a slew of starters - Joeckel, Marks, Thomas, Cyprien, Linder, Poz, Lee, Brown

Injuries causing Key Contributors to miss time: DRob, Greene, Gratz, Branch

You drop these conditions on most any team there will be struggles. This team isn't as bad as you think.

Quote:Keeping the record in context, we've faced the following in the 1st 4 games:

-The Defending Super Bowl Champ

-3 Defending Division Champs

The losses come from teams with a winning culture.  Regretfully, The Jags haven't had that in a very long time.

On the bright side, we're pretty competitive when considering the following:

Missing or recent injuries to a slew of starters - Joeckel, Marks, Thomas, Cyprien, Linder, Poz, Lee, Brown

Injuries causing Key Contributors to miss time: DRob, Greene, Gratz, Branch

You drop these conditions on most any team there will be struggles. This team isn't as bad as you think.
lol No.

Panthers have played garbage up to this point. Colts are straight doo doo without Luck. Mariota threw up 33 against the Colts and we got 16.....

Quote:lol No.

Panthers have played garbage up to this point. Colts are straight doo doo without Luck. Mariota threw up 33 against the Colts and we got 16.....

While true, isn't Carolina still undefeated? I think some of that, at least, can be attributed to that "winning culture" thing he's referenced. Say what you will about the Panthers, and yes, their games are ugly as sin...but they keep winning. In essence, they are the proverbial "other side of the coin" you really stop an think about it. They keep finding ways to win...we keep finding ways to lose.

<Grammar edit>

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Sorry, off topic for just one second. Why do about 5 posters in this thread have Jack Del Rio (the coach of the Raiders) as their profile pic? I get he was our coach at a point in time, but makes zero sense.

Anyway, agree we aren't as bad as the last couple of years and ARE competetive, sans the NE game, but we have got to figure out a way to score in teh second half. 3 total points through 4 games is BAD.