Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The big complain about the kicker thread.

Quote:This loss isn't the kicker's fault alone. This team played poorly the entire second half.
It's the whole team's fault that we were in that position, yeah, but when your one and only job is to make the ball go from your foot to between the uprights, you'd better not be losing games because you can't do that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This loss isn't the kicker's fault alone. This team played poorly the entire second half.

3 misses.....yup major part in the loss was the kicker my friend! The guy gets paid to kick a leather ball. Done it all his life. He can't do his job....... I do agree with you on one thing and that is that this team is no good. Coaching is probably at it's worst. I would take Malarky (SP???) over Gus and his coaching staff right now.

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

That last kick was crazy. It was going straight and then all of a sudden it hooks left. Almost like it caught a gust of wind. But its in a dome...
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I want to punch him in the face. It's the NFL. Kick the ball. How many chances do you need

We want Scobee back what a winner for Dave get a pick and the kicker back. Myers to practice squad.

Quote:are u serious?..... tell me you didn't say that?

'this loss isn't the kickers fault'..... what the [BAD WORD REMOVED] game are u watching?

the guy missed (3) FG's that woulda ended the game, and we lost.
Read the whole thing . I said it was not the kickers fault alone. This game was on the entire team. They played poorly throughtout the second half and had 13 penalties. The kicker contributed to the loss at the end but isn't the sole reason this team lost. Get real.

It never should have come down to those kicks. 13 points and zero in the second half? Pure [bad word removed] clown shoes.

Myers is a straight BUM! U get paid millions of dollors and have one job, you failed 2 Times!! Every other kicker would've made a 48 yrd, and most would make a 53, smdh....

Quote:Scobee would've gotten it. I don't care if he struggled with the Steelers. The guy doesn't miss 2 game winners with 3 tries.

Agreed. Heinz field..new turf, different elements. Scobee makes these kicks..in a dome.

This is what Caldwell calls " growing pains"

Yep..growing into another cellar dweller. This cost the team first place and put the Colts in a serious hole.

Then there's penalties and stupidity..#becausejaguars
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:That last kick was crazy. It was going straight and then all of a sudden it hooks left. Almost like it caught a gust of wind. But its in a dome...
Uh.. the roof was retracted and that end of the stadium was opened up. There was a reason Vinatieri chose to defend that endzone.

A missed 53 I can understand. Lots of pressure on the young guy

After seeing his kicker miss two long kicks. Gus sends him out to kick a 48 yarder after his confidence has been crushed. No strong effort to get the ball closer.

This was a coaching loss. How about Toby's first carry of the game (coming off injury) on first down at midfield.

Quote:It never should have come down to those kicks. 13 points and zero in the second half? Pure [bad word removed] clown shoes.

Agree with this as well...however..sometimes you need that kicker to overcome a piss poor performance from a consistent underachieving team.

Hey Gus...you mentioned the term precise/ precision numerous times last week. I assume you're talking about your opponents right?

You're in over your head, cheerleader.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:This game should never have been put into the hands of the kicker.  13 pts in today's NFL against a porous defense is inexcusable.  We should have been ahead by two scores at least. 
This right here. 400+ yards of offense and no turnovers: 13 points!

Bring back Scobee.  

Gene's Myth

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 04:53 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:A missed 53 I can understand. Lots of pressure on the young guy

After seeing his kicker miss two long kicks. Gus sends him out to kick a 48 yarder after his confidence has been crushed. No strong effort to get the ball closer.

This was a coaching loss. How about Toby's first carry of the game (coming off injury) on first down at midfield.
Yeah..really? Gerhart gets a call after sitting all game?

These play callers are ... No words..

Myers? He had 3 chances to get us into first place. These are growing pains Caldwell mentioned. This was a huge pain.
Blakes Life Matters

The Colt Killer would have made 1 of 3. Take that to the bank.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 04:57 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:The Colt Killer would have made 1 of 3. Take that to the bank.
When you trade your kicker to an AFC opponent, it's clear the front office didn't think they'd be in a position to own first place. They're used to losing.

Khan has given these guys time, there's no sense of urgency.

The Colts didn't win...The Jagwads lost it..once again.

Hasslebeck..55 pass attempts in 2 years? Luck would have Patriot'ed this bunch
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:The Colt Killer would have made 1 of 3. Take that to the bank.

Hoping to do just that.

Quote:Uh.. the roof was retracted and that end of the stadium was opened up. There was a reason Vinatieri chose to defend that endzone.

Even with a retracted roof I've never seen a ball move like that in a dome. Its like the football gods refused to let the ball go in.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

That doesn't help the fans today