Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marqise Lee Now Questionable For Sunday

Okay, I'm somewhat sympathetic to the Lee situation, but having said that, this is becoming rather annoying. You have to wonder, is this him exaggerating something, or is he actually physically debilitated? Because it'd be a damn shame to risk losing LeRoy Reynolds just because a guy is a little bit sore.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 06:59 PM by haveaseat.)

This is ridiculous. Wish I could get paid to not do my job. 

Quote:Okay, I'm somewhat sympathetic to the Lee situation, but having said that, this is becoming rather annoying. You have to wonder, is this him exaggerating something, or is he actually physically debilitated? Because it'd be a damn shame to risk losing LeRoy Reynolds just because a guy is a little bit sore.

Why would he do that?

Lee is extremely talented, but so frustrating. This hurts... now they can really key on Robinson tomorrow.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Why would he do that?
I don't know. I remember last year a few people were describing him as a bit of a diva (flare for the dramatic).

This could also be a smokescreen too, who knows. But how could a guy go from probable to questionable on Saturday? Did he pull something in their light walkthrough?

Why do I feel like this is a case of the staff just giving up before the game. Like "there's no chance anyway so lets just rest up everyone for the week after and not risk it".

Quote:Why do I feel like this is a case of the staff just giving up before the game. Like "there's no chance anyway so lets just rest up everyone for the week after and not risk it".
This could also very well be the case.

There was already a very small chance that the Jags could pull off an upset, but now this makes it even less likely.  Missing two starters on the O-line, Lee, Thomas, D Rob, Marks, Cyp, Branch - not realistic to expect any team to beat the Pats when you're missing that many players. 

Just gotta hope some of them get healthy before the Colts game.  If the Jags have any chance of competing for the division this year, they've go to take at least 1 game from the Colts this time...

I'm not gonna let injuries get in the way of evaluation though. We wanted to run a TE heavy passing attack, and kept Marcedes as a backup, despite his proven track record of ineptitude as a receiver. We could have been doing a hell of a lot more to address the pass rush in the offseason (you shouldn't draft 1 rookie and "call it a day"). Didn't address receiver at all really, we are still way too young there. I don't care if we would have had to overpay a bit, they should have found someone, especially given Lee's injury history.

I mean realistically we aren't winning the game tomorrow anyway, but if this ends up being a 5 win season, I'm not gonna be like "you know what, that's totally okay, you got a raw deal with all those injuries there Dave and Gus"

Quote:That would be a huge disappointment expected if he missed another game.

I mean... Can you run? You're a professional athlete. You have to be healthy for 4 months out of the year.

FIFY

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I'm not gonna let injuries get in the way of evaluation though. We wanted to run a TE heavy passing attack, and kept Marcedes as a backup, despite his proven track record of ineptitude as a receiver. We could have been doing a hell of a lot more to address the pass rush in the offseason (you shouldn't draft 1 rookie and "call it a day"). Didn't address receiver at all really, we are still way too young there. I don't care if we would have had to overpay a bit, they should have found someone, especially given Lee's injury history.

They drafted Rashaad Greene and brought in Bryan Walters. Maybe they could have done more but you don't expect a guy like Lee to be hurt as much as he has been. They also had Tandon Doss, and who knew he'd be such a turd?

As for the LEO spot, you expect much when you get a guy with the #3 overall pick. His going down so early for the year caught everyone by surprise, but there's not a whole lot of options. By round three of the draft there are virtually no legit pass rushers left, and good pass rushers in free agency are hard to find. Like Quarterback and Left Tackle, it's not easy finding a top level pass rusher. You go into the draft thinking you'll have a healthy and productive Fowler, Clemons and Branch with guys like Ryan Davis and Chris Smith waiting in the wings, and a prize free agent in Odrick and a former first round pick in Alualu at the opposite DE spot, and you feel you're ok there. But that's how quick things can change in the NFL.

'02

I know other teams have injuries but we seem to have more than our share.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

well, there goes my bold prediction  :turned:

Quote:They drafted Rashaad Greene and brought in Bryan Walters. Maybe they could have done more but you don't expect a guy like Lee to be hurt as much as he has been. They also had Tandon Doss, and who knew he'd be such a turd?

As for the LEO spot, you expect much when you get a guy with the #3 overall pick. His going down so early for the year caught everyone by surprise, but there's not a whole lot of options. By round three of the draft there are virtually no legit pass rushers left, and good pass rushers in free agency are hard to find. Like Quarterback and Left Tackle, it's not easy finding a top level pass rusher. You go into the draft thinking you'll have a healthy and productive Fowler, Clemons and Branch with guys like Ryan Davis and Chris Smith waiting in the wings, and a prize free agent in Odrick and a former first round pick in Alualu at the opposite DE spot, and you feel you're ok there. But that's how quick things can change in the NFL.

Yeah, the injury to Fowler was a fluke but who would have expected Branch to go down with Clem not a 100% (although he is still pretty solid)?

Don't forget Benn was a guy they had hopes for. I'm still upset about his injury because I really thought they found a diamond in the rough with him. He was basically a Robinson clone. This team is just in a bout of bad luck this year. I think we will see how strong the overall roster is rather than front line guys.

Quote:Why do I feel like this is a case of the staff just giving up before the game. Like "there's no chance anyway so lets just rest up everyone for the week after and not risk it".

Quote:This could also very well be the case.

There is no chance this is what is happening.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I think he will still play with a limited role in the offense. 

Like a Porsche, he can really perform when he's not in the shop for repairs.  Obviously that's a euphemism.  But the best ability is availability, and Marquis doesn't seem to have that quality.  A shame, he's got pretty remarkable talent.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:This could also very well be the case.

ha, no chance

;

;

Oh come on now. This is getting stupid.