Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anyone else feel this way?

Quote:That would be a logical, rational, intelligent strategy... and therefore one the Jags won't employ. Remember, this is the team that made the decision a few years ago to win a pointless, end of season game against an obviously 'tanking' dolts team... and cemented the dolts acquisition plan to get andrew luck. In my opinion, the odds of a victory (victory being defined as we have more points at the end of the game than the other team) are so low that for us to put players on the field who are still 'on the mend' is nothing short of foolish. Let those players sit this one out... as a matter of fact, I'd let Bortles sit this one out too and put Henne in. Why risk your main guy on what is all but an out of reach game?.... answer... Jaguars. It's one of the factors in why we've become perpetual bottom dwellers. 

So there, you're not the only one thinking 'that way'.

Lol, what?  This one of the most idiotic things I've ever read.  Sure, send the message to your whole team that you think they're awful and have no chance in a game.  Lord, I hope you don't have children you coach.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 12:34 PM by Etdavis2006.)

I say let the guys who need to legitimately sit out due to medical sit out. Everyone else get out there and try to win the game.

Yeah I would rather not be a complete coward.

I find it funny that we're getting bent out of shape about the idea of intentionally sitting 3 players who very well may not play anyway because of their actual health, but hey, this is the jungle, where anything is possible.

Here's as far as I'll go with it, because I made a statement similar to the OP in another thread; if those 3 players have a higher-than-not chance of aggravating their injuries (not sure how they would determine that) and missing more time, I say let them sit. If it's more a pain tolerance thing, then they need to get their rumps on the field. I just want the team to be smart about it, whatever they do.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 12:50 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:I kind of feel like we are so unlikely to win this game that we ought to treat it like the 4th preseason game, in that anyone who is rated as "questionable" on the injury report should not play.  I would like to see guys like Linder, Joeckel, and Marks at full strength for the Colts.   I want to fold this hand against the Pats and go all in to beat the Colts.  

Kind of. 

I pretty much see where you are coming from. Baring Brady going down with a nasty knee injury in the 1st qtr, the result is pretty much a wash. With this franchise' luck, we will have key injuries in a blowout loss.

The middle of the field constantly being wide open for opposing QB's is really going to be exploited in this game I'm afraid.

Quote:I kind of feel like we are so unlikely to win this game that we ought to treat it like the 4th preseason game, in that anyone who is rated as "questionable" on the injury report should not play.  I would like to see guys like Linder, Joeckel, and Marks at full strength for the Colts.   I want to fold this hand against the Pats and go all in to beat the Colts.  

Kind of. 
[Image: You-play-to-win-the-game.gif]

Quote:I find it funny that we're getting bent out of shape about the idea of intentionally sitting 3 players who very well may not play anyway because of their actual health, but hey, this is the jungle, where anything is possible.

Here's as far as I'll go with it, because I made a statement similar to the OP in another thread; if those 3 players have a higher-than-not chance of aggravating their injuries (not sure how they would determine that) and missing more time, I say let them sit. If it's more a pain tolerance thing, then they need to get their rumps on the field. I just want the team to be smart about it, whatever they do.
If players are cleared to play and they don't play them because, eh, this game is a wash according to the experts, that logic could be used for almost every game the rest of the way considering the "experts" have pretty much set the Jags as the underdog in most of their remaining games.

To me, this entire thread comes off as a "we need material to wring our hands over, so let's tank a game we're not expected to win so that there's plenty of fodder for us to gristle about."

Heaven knows there's absolutely zero chance we could win this game.  We should really cancel the flight and just phone it in because we're not worthy to be on the same field, right?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I have been following this message board for close to a decade. But decided to not ever join in on the discussion because of the idiocy that is expressed by 95% of the posters. But this topic is so dumb, that I had to make an account just to express how absolutely ludicrous it is. This takes the cake of stupidest thread this board has ever seen. And that is really saying something.

If Gus (or any coach) sat players out just because of the small chance of winning,then he should be instantly fired. Hell, we might as well sit all the starters for the remainder of the season considering we have a small chance of making the playoffs.

This was my one and last post. That is all.

......and people wonder why this fan base is seen as unsupportive and weak. 

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Why even play the game then? Just call the NFL and say we forfeit. We don't stand a chance.

Nancy's will be negative!
just because a moron like you can't think strategically doens't mean you have to vilify those who can; but then again in your case I suppose it's an example of 'stupid is as stupid does'... isn't it?  

Quote:Well ignorance is bliss is some groups.
Well then, I guess that makes you just a real 'feel good' kind'a guy, doesn't it?

Quote:I bet he's the life of the party in real life.... Lol
I am! Just ask your ol' lady... she knows! LOL!!!

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 01:41 PM by The Drifter.)

I smell an upset now......

At New England

Jacksonville

For the record, I'll take the Jags and the Points.

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

It's hard to imagine any team holding out a key player just because they don't think they'd stand a chance, although, I've been sort of wondering about the possibility with Gus saying "we'll re-evaluate Julius in two weeks" without even starting to consider the possibility that he might be able to go against the Patriots. I'm sure there's nothing to that though. The doctors gave a time-frame, so there's no need to even look at his finger this week and that's all there is to it.

'02

Kind of. 

How about this?  Field the best 53 men that are available and let the outcome happen whichever way?

Never, ever quit no matter how impossible the task might seem.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

This thread is just sad.... I do agree if someone is hurt and they cant play, dont play them. However if someone is cleared to play, play! We want a chance. I dont want to get blown out without even trying.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 01:58 PM by RicoTx.)

Quote:just because a moron like you can't think strategically doens't mean you have to vilify those who can; but then again in your case I suppose it's an example of 'stupid is as stupid does'... isn't it?
Damn right. As a matter of fact, let's use all of the practice squad guys too. I mean we're not going to win anyway....right. And hell, quick kick on second and third down. I mean starting Henne and bunch of scrubs will send a GREAT message to the team. They probably don't want to win anyway. Love your out of the box thinking.

Idiot...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 02:04 PM by americus 2.0.)

Any. Given. Sunday.

Quote:I have been following this message board for close to a decade. But decided to not ever join in on the discussion because of the idiocy that is expressed by 95% of the posters. But this topic is so dumb, that I had to make an account just to express how absolutely ludicrous it is. This takes the cake of stupidest thread this board has ever seen. And that is really saying something.

If Gus (or any coach) sat players out just because of the small chance of winning,then he should be instantly fired. Hell, we might as well sit all the starters for the remainder of the season considering we have a small chance of making the playoffs.

Thank you for your contribution to the message board. You will be sorely missed.

Quote:I have been following this message board for close to a decade. But decided to not ever join in on the discussion because ofs. the idiocy that is expressed by 95% of the poster But this topic is so dumb, that I had to make an account just to express how absolutely ludicrous it is. This takes the cake of stupidest thread this board has ever seen. And that is really saying something.

This is true of nearly all teams that are not at the very very top of their respective sports, and even those teams at the very top have their share of idiot posters.

Oh, and welcome to the board and goodbye.

I guess this was your "one time"

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.