Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Boston.com Article on Jags

I'd love it if the Jags could turn this writer into the next Woody Paige.
Only a chump boos the home team!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's obvious that this buttwipe saw an opportunity to increase his readership from a couple dozen to a couple hundred by posting these hateful remarks. I believe what goes around, comes around, so enjoy it while you can, Wilbur.

This guy should borrow John Clayton's mullettop.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Someone should post it the locker room like the infamous Jagwads article

What a well written, well articulated piece of journalism.

/wrists

As a Pats fan, I couldn't agree more.

Many of our fans are under 30 and have almost no memory of the prior decades of average to bad teams we had. I and many other fans do, supporting them thru the Rod Rust / Dick McPherson years.

The kids are in for a rude awakening when this amazing era comes to an end.

BTW, I didn't click on the article, but my guess is was written by Dan Shaunessy?

Quote:Someone should post it the locker room like the infamous Jagwads article

^^^^this

'02

Lol! A real guy that lives in his mom's basement. The urban legend it true! 

Quote:Patriots fans (and media apparently) think the NFL was invented in 2001.

They like to ignore the 40 years of mediocrity for the Patriots.

They ignore the team was nearly moved to St Louis in the early 1990's.

The franchise has had an incredible run the last 14 years but damn it has made them insufferable.

This  ^

I live about 20 minutes from Foxboro and remind people of this all the time

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

<ul class="">[*]HyenaKiller
[*] 
[*]<a class="" href='http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2015/09/24/the-jaguars-are-coming-and-nobody-gives-damn/j35bYh6YEGmmUB0jgVj63H/story.html?story_hp#comment-40896729'>SEPTEMBER 25, 2015 — 01:21 PM</a>
</ul>
<p style="font-size:1.07692em;">You clowns better beware, Brady will be gone sooner than later. And as for our city, we are the BOLD NEW CITY of the South. Not the liberal cesspool Boston has become. Anyhow, enjoy your time now, the end will be coming soon. Go Jaguars...

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2015, 01:34 PM by JagsGooner.)

So I may have went on his Twitter...

@GlobeEricWilbur how does it feel in the morning when you look in your moms mirror, that you won't ever get any better looking? #ugly
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:So I may have went on his Twitter...

@GlobeEricWilbur how does it feel in the morning when you look in your moms mirror, that you won't ever get any better looking? #ugly
You really told him. 

I'm sure he's devastated. 

The media in Boston isn't taking the Jags seriously.  It's not like recent history is any indication they're wrong.  If the Jags win, they'll dismiss it and come up with a litany of excuses. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote: 
<div style="margin:0px;font-size:.92308em;font-family:effra, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;">
<p style="font-size:1.07692em;">You clowns better beware, Brady will be gone sooner than later. And as for our city, we are the BOLD NEW CITY of the South. Not the liberal cesspool Boston has become. Anyhow, enjoy your time now, the end will be coming soon. Go Jaguars...

</div>

You probably should have made clowns singular. This guy seems to be an exception, and not the rule as far as your average (real and not bandwagon) Patriots fan goes.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Hey guys,

Jags fan from Boston here. Just thought Id post an article from up this way in regards to the game Sunday. Needless to say, the Jags are getting slammed.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/pa...l?story_hp

It's The Boston Globe.  Enough said.   Rolleyes

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Pats of the 60's-70's were either bad or mediocre, they couldn't fill the stadium and worried about how to increase attendance for 40k when the league upped it's minimum. 

the 85 team barely made it into the superbowl, and got slammed by the bears (22 year drought between playoff victories that season) not to take away getting to the superbowl, but the point is. They were no storied juggernaut.

The best player in Pats history until the last 15 years was a Guard (John Hannah)

They Drafted Tony Eason over Dan Marino among other draft busts

in the late 80's and and 1990, the pats fielded teams that are arguably worse than any team the jags have ever fielded (in fact, that 1990 team is one of the worst teams to ever play in the history of the game)

They seem to forget that the team struggled selling out games in the early 90's and Kraft wanted to move to St. Louis and became the Stallions (it's never gotten that far in Jax)

This writer must be between 19 and 15 because he doesnt know what Boston went through prior to the massive success over the last decade and a half. Oddly enough, these two teams have similar histories, struggling to sell tickets, having nominal success throughout the years, and large gaps between good era's.. I don't want to hate on new England, but good for them. That's awesome. New England is a heavy favorite on Sunday... However this guy can't hate on Jax as the most irrelevant team in sports. It's a small town, with a small, jaded fan base that is well aware of it's actual struggles vs perceived struggles, but get lost clown. 

End Rant. 

<em>that's not the basement. its the attic. look at the ceiling over his right shoulder</em>

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2015, 02:27 PM by Section105Fan.)

Quote:As a Pats fan, I couldn't agree more.

Many of our fans are under 30 and have almost no memory of the prior decades of average to bad teams we had. I and many other fans do, supporting them thru the Rod Rust / Dick McPherson years.

The kids are in for a rude awakening when this amazing era comes to an end.

BTW, I didn't click on the article, but my guess is was written by Dan Shaunessy?

I can't begin to imagine what the Pat's record would be without this guy's typing skills. I'd love to see his trophy case and those Super Bowl rings.

Kraft was the one who stopped the move to St Louis.

A guy named Orthwein wanted to buy the Pats from the owner at the time (guy from Remington?) and move them.

Kraft wouldn't let them break the lease for less than 40M on the crap stadium he owned, and ended up buying the team for 140M.

At one time Kraft did threaten to move to Harford to get the state to kick in for a new stadium, while CT agreed to pick up the lions share of the stadium costs, but, in the end, stayed and spent his own money for Gillette

Quote:Kraft was the one who stopped the move to St Louis.

A guy named Orthwein wanted to buy the Pats from the owner at the time (guy from Remington?) and move them.

Kraft wouldn't let them break the lease for less than 40M on the crap stadium he owned, and ended up buying the team for 140M.

At one time Kraft did threaten to move to Harford to get the state to kick in for a new stadium, while CT agreed to pick up the lions share of the stadium costs, but, in the end, stayed and spent his own money for Gillette

You are correct. The Remington guy was Victor Kiam, who is likely one of the worst owners in league history.

;

;

In her Basement...! lol

DO YOUR JOB....! & Together We Will... Bonehead...!